Beginning of laziness, passage to the act

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Milano
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Beginning of laziness, passage to the act

by Milano » 20/02/21, 10:13

Hello,

I just finished the book "Succeeding his vegetable garden for the lazy". It took me a month to get over it but it was worth it, exciting!

I still have a few questions. When we say that the bulbs can be planted early like onion garlic for example. Are we talking about all the bulbs? Potatoes included then?

For the chassis, I'll buy myself one. I made 300m² of vegetable garden last year, all my seedlings were made and kept in the dining room behind the glass doors, not great. The blow of the frame with the heating wire under the pots is a great idea.
So I can prepare my seedlings of tomatoes, peppers, eggplant etc and put them under the frame thus protected from now on?

Finally, if we put all the green waste directly on the hay. What about wood chips used as litter in the henhouse? Same ? Or must he make a stay elsewhere before? I used to also put the paper towels without product on them of course and the paper tissues with the remains of plants. Do I put that on the hay too?

Thank you in advance,
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Beginning of the appearance, passage to the act

by Moindreffor » 20/02/21, 11:39

Milano wrote:Hello,

I just finished the book "Succeeding his vegetable garden for the lazy". It took me a month to get over it but it was worth it, exciting!

I still have a few questions. When we say that the bulbs can be planted early like onion garlic for example. Are we talking about all the bulbs? Potatoes included then?

For the chassis, I'll buy myself one. I made 300m² of vegetable garden last year, all my seedlings were made and kept in the dining room behind the glass doors, not great. The blow of the frame with the heating wire under the pots is a great idea.
So I can prepare my seedlings of tomatoes, peppers, eggplant etc and put them under the frame thus protected from now on?

Finally, if we put all the green waste directly on the hay. What about wood chips used as litter in the henhouse? Same ? Or must he make a stay elsewhere before? I used to also put the paper towels without product on them of course and the paper tissues with the remains of plants. Do I put that on the hay too?

Thank you in advance,

Hello
and welcome here
the bulbs yes you can put, I will take advantage of next week to put in place
potatoes are not bulbs but tubers, the green of onions once out of the ground does not freeze, not like the green of potatoes, which freezes it therefore better that your potatoes do not come out until after the frosts

for the wood shavings from the henhouse, it all depends on whether you clean often or not, so whether there is a lot of shavings or not, the chicken manure is a complement for the wood chips, but you have to balance otherwise it will give you too much carbon, so it is difficult to help yourself it is a little you who must test you do different areas with different quantities and you observe the effects

for paper towels or handkerchiefs it's cellulose, so it will also compost

Good luck for the future
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Milano
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Milano » 20/02/21, 11:47

Thank you for your answer.

The hen house is cleaned weekly. About a wheelbarrow of shavings of droppings. I have 225m2 of vegetable garden. A loamy clay soil with probably too much limestone. I will buy the test today.

I say probably too much limestone because I'm in Moselle, which is a limestone plateau and a very low yield on potatoes and onions which only gave me small specimens. On average 3cm in diameter for the onions even if some were larger. And potatoes up to 5cm long and 3cm in diameter. Yet it had never been cultivated. Always mowed in mulching mode so it must have been full of vigor and I had good yields on other crops.
Zucchini, pumpkins, tomatoes for example have given a yield double or even triple what is given on average in organic farming.
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 20/02/21, 11:59

Milano wrote:Thank you for your answer.

The hen house is cleaned weekly. About a wheelbarrow of shavings of droppings. I have 225m2 of vegetable garden. A loamy clay soil with probably too much limestone. I will buy the test today.

I say probably too much limestone because I'm in Moselle, which is a limestone plateau and a very low yield on potatoes and onions which only gave me small specimens. On average 3cm in diameter for the onions even if some were larger. And potatoes up to 5cm long and 3cm in diameter. Yet it had never been cultivated. Always mowed in mulching mode so it must have been full of vigor and I had good yields on other crops.
Zucchini, pumpkins, tomatoes for example have given a yield double or even triple what is given on average in organic farming.

you can put in a thin layer, on 1/4 a wheelbarrow it should not be much and in thicker layer on another 1/4 you will keep this 1/4 to plant legumes and the following year you do the same on the 2 other 1/4, if in addition you put grass mowing, it will pass and you will always have half of the vegetable garden without
0 x
(of me)
Milano
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Milano » 20/02/21, 12:06

I wasn't clear enough lol. A wheelbarrow is a week lol
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 20/02/21, 12:22

Milano wrote:I wasn't clear enough lol. A wheelbarrow is a week lol

yes, but a wheelbarrow makes a thin layer on a not too large area, so to make a thin layer on 1/4 of the vegetable garden you will need several weeks and even more time for the thick layer, and therefore you will have time to observe how it evolves

you have a nice surface
0 x
(of me)
Milano
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Milano » 20/02/21, 12:30

OK, thanks.

For sowing under frame. Can we start them already with the heating cable? What power per m2 to predict?
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 20/02/21, 20:10

Milano wrote:OK, thanks.

For sowing under frame. Can we start them already with the heating cable? What power per m2 to predict?

so it depends : Mrgreen:
it seems to me that you did not indicate your location, so difficult to answer you, and it also depends on what you want to sow
0 x
(of me)
Milano
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Milano » 20/02/21, 20:24

11:47 a.m. message, I'm from Moselle :)
The idea is to maintain a minimum of 3 ° as it says in the book. Just so that the frost does not burn the plants.
For seedlings. I prepare tomatoes, salads, peppers, eggplant, pumpkin, zucchini and I think that's it
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 20/02/21, 21:11

Milano wrote:11:47 a.m. message, I'm from Moselle :)
The idea is to maintain a minimum of 3 ° as it says in the book. Just so that the frost does not burn the plants.
For seedlings. I prepare tomatoes, salads, peppers, eggplant, pumpkin, zucchini and I think that's it

so salad
0 x
(of me)