Auxiliary cats of organic farming

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Auxiliary cats from organic farming

by Moindreffor » 08/01/19, 07:07

nico239 wrote:Well it's funny we were contemplating the same show this afternoon.

The birds gorging on balls of fat and our surrounding cats: we have 5/6.

Good as it is everyday maybe ours (birds and cats) are jaded because even with a cat lying on a deckchair at the foot of the tree where there is a part of the balls this did not prevent feast.

Already having cats or dogs this limits the invasion of wild cats in your refuge / garden.

It is sure that if you do not have it it is the fair for the wild cats and them, as they have only their claws to survive ...

To return to our piou piou, in any case they come to eat with the wheat of the hens and there it is at ground level, no significant massacre to deplore.

I had a cat that slept on the zinc sheet of the flight board of my homing pigeons, well heated in the Sun, the pigeons had to climb on it to be able to return to the dovecote and by the way they pulled hairs to make their nests, but that didn't prevent him from catching any creature not belonging to us ...
like what...
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 08/01/19, 13:17

"only one bird killed this year", I forgot to mention that it was the year 2018. : Lol:

Moindreffor wrote:ben must say that grouping the birds in one place for a lazy cat is all good ...
I just registered my vegetable garden as an LPO refuge, and I have a cat : Mrgreen:

The birds gather where they want ... If it turns out that they have a preference for this cherry tree it may be because the shrubs suit them better. :?:

You can be a protector of birds and nature without having a sign on the street which, for me, has a provocative character. "Everyone sees noon at his door..." :)

I also had cats, the last one died recently. It was an abandoned cat promised in the gas chamber. Abandoned cats that are not adopted end up in a gas chamber (see my post in another thread). It is the members of Hunting Societies (including one of my relatives) who take care of it and they receive subsidies for that. Cats are cremated and their ashes are used as fertilizer.
0 x
perplex
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by perplex » 08/01/19, 14:11

Gaston wrote:The fox is also one of the main predators of the cat ... nothing is simple : roll:

For an apartment cat I don't know, I saw foxes in the family doing the trash in the middle of the night (city of 80 ha) so a city cat who walks around why not.
The day when a fox catches a field cat mine for example, was not born ... The weasel yes ...
Mine is a hunter from a very young age, (two snakes that she deposited in my office, a viper and a small snake, not the same day, that I caught, and released, but it was hot, with my teens screaming lol.)
a mole and regularly field mice and yet when you see it it is an angel ... : Lol:
0 x
The world is perfect !!!
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 08/01/19, 14:25

Leo Maximus wrote:"only one bird killed this year", I forgot to mention that it was the year 2018. : Lol:

Moindreffor wrote:ben must say that grouping the birds in one place for a lazy cat is all good ...
I just registered my vegetable garden as an LPO refuge, and I have a cat : Mrgreen:

The birds gather where they want ... If it turns out that they have a preference for this cherry tree it may be because the shrubs suit them better. :?:

You can be a protector of birds and nature without having a sign on the street which, for me, has a provocative character. "Everyone sees noon at his door..." :)

I also had cats, the last one died recently. It was an abandoned cat promised in the gas chamber. Abandoned cats that are not adopted end up in a gas chamber (see my post in another thread). It is the members of Hunting Societies (including one of my relatives) who take care of it and they receive subsidies for that. Cats are cremated and their ashes are used as fertilizer.

I completely agree with you, I ask myself the question of where to install my feeders so as not to gather the birds within reach of my cat's claws, and I will ask myself the same question for the nest boxes,
why do you think the LPO refuge sign is provocative? for my part, it will be affixed on my garden shed in full view of nobody
0 x
(of me)
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 08/01/19, 14:30

perplex wrote:
Gaston wrote:The fox is also one of the main predators of the cat ... nothing is simple : roll:

For an apartment cat I don't know, I saw foxes in the family doing the trash in the middle of the night (city of 80 ha) so a city cat who walks around why not.
The day when a fox catches a field cat mine for example, was not born ... The weasel yes ...
Mine is a hunter from a very young age, (two snakes that she deposited in my office, a viper and a small snake, not the same day, that I caught, and released, but it was hot, with my teens screaming lol.)
a mole and regularly field mice and yet when you see it it is an angel ... : Lol:

we all try to cultivate a lazy vegetable garden, why shouldn't animals who ask themselves much less questions benefit from free food (the garbage cans)
I saw a report in the United States on the presence of jackals in the city, alone, the use of thermal cameras which rotate all night allowed to highlight their presence so much they know how to be discreet during the day, and yet their dens were good in town, no passing animals
0 x
(of me)
perplex
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by perplex » 08/01/19, 14:48

Moindreffor wrote: where to install my feeders so as not to gather birds within reach of my cat's claws, and I'm going to ask myself the same question for nest boxes,

I opted for a metal rod of 2 meters ... (a tube)
0 x
The world is perfect !!!
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 08/01/19, 14:57

Leo Maximus wrote:Abandoned cats that are not adopted end up in a gas chamber (see my post in another thread). It is the members of Hunting Societies (including one of my relatives) who take care of it and they receive subsidies for that. Cats are cremated and their ashes are used as fertilizer.

You have official info on that ...

Because the shelters are full of old cats ... unfortunately.

And what must remain of ashes once a cat cremated it must not be bezef so to make a 30kg bag that is NOT BIG THING on an industrial scale you have to kill a sacred package of cats for ONE ONLY BAG.

I have never heard of this, but I do want official information on the subject.

I am talking about the gassing of cats FOR a transformation into fertilizer. (and not the gassing of refuge animals)
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 08/01/19, 15:03

perplex wrote:
Moindreffor wrote: where to install my feeders so as not to gather birds within reach of my cat's claws, and I'm going to ask myself the same question for nest boxes,

I opted for a metal rod of 2 meters ... (a tube)

Will you show me your montage?

We thought we would opt for poles with a hut upstairs ... but AFTER having tested that they are actually REALLY USED.

So do ONE or TWO but not more and see how it goes ... I'm NOT at all certain that it turns out to be positive.

Because sometimes man creates refuges to give him a good conscience, refuges TOTALLY UNUSED by animals ...

So let's be wary of ourselves ... Image
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 08/01/19, 15:08

Moindreffor wrote:I completely agree with you, I ask myself the question of where to install my feeders so as not to gather the birds within reach of my cat's claws, and I will ask myself the same question for the nest boxes,

Necessity rules.

To feed the birds "brave" the presence of cats
To nest they go elsewhere.
The 2 huts (already installed when we arrived in the house) in the trees are ALWAYS unoccupied: too easy to access for cats.

Again we have to be wary of ourselves.

It is far better for birds to keep ALL their distrust.
There would be nothing worse than seeing them flocking fearlessly on the garden table to eat crumbs and bread.

In this sense cats play their threat role and that is very good.
0 x
perplex
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by perplex » 08/01/19, 15:39

I started by buying a tube (Friday), which will end in an attic staircase, I immediately saw the extent of the job to do something reasonable :)

Then I bought that, 35 € without the houses, 2 meters also without scrambles, a really effective module.
I put it on Sunday, for the moment a chickadee passes from time to time it is not the crowd, it is necessary to be patient. You must also take into account that they will be dependent on you in the long term, confidence is gained ... I saw this summer the same homemade principle, there was a flock of birds, a good twenty permanently on it, it was wonderful, for those who love.

I had two cats (twins) the same day, very athletic ... I lost one after a year ...

and my tigress :)

Sorry i can't straighten the image :)
Last edited by perplex the 08 / 01 / 19, 15: 54, 1 edited once.
0 x
The world is perfect !!!