And if the BIO was a LURE ..... euuuuuh!

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: And if the BIO was a LURE ..... euuuuuh!

by Moindreffor » 24/03/21, 15:52

Obamot wrote:I put wonderful in quotes, because it doesn't mean anything. Chemistry (man-made) is just what man makes of it.

“BIO” agriculture also uses inputs, and therefore among them “authorized” biodegradable poisons. This is why it is better to go towards permaculture.

So I find it hard to imagine that such a question could “disappoint”. But hey, I take that for an opposition on your part to the use of neonicotinoids, am I right?

yes absolutely, but I am also against the polyvalent natural biodegradable poisons which kill not such or such species but which are broad spectrum and thus wreak havoc on all an unknown and unknown fauna, the "bugs" we do not care do not care what we want is "organic"
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 24/03/21, 16:12

Moindreffor wrote:yes absolutely, but I am also against versatile natural biodegradable poisons which do not kill this or that species but which are broad spectrum and therefore wreak havoc on an unknown and unknown fauna, the "bugs" we do not care what we want is "organic"

Who is for ???
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 24/03/21, 16:19

Moindreffor wrote:
Obamot wrote:I put wonderful in quotes, because it doesn't mean anything. Chemistry (man-made) is just what man makes of it.

“BIO” agriculture also uses inputs, and therefore among them “authorized” biodegradable poisons. This is why it is better to go towards permaculture.

So I find it hard to imagine that such a question could “disappoint”. But hey, I take that for an opposition on your part to the use of neonicotinoids, am I right?

yes absolutely, but I am also against the polyvalent natural biodegradable poisons which kill not such or such species but which are broad spectrum and thus wreak havoc on all an unknown and unknown fauna, the "bugs" we do not care do not care what we want is "organic"

Ah, but I have always said that an ORGANIC poison remains a poison, for us AND for the animals!
Moreover, depending on the molecules, very clever who could say which molecule would be more harmful than another ...?
It must depend on the subject. even if we take urine as an input, it contains ammonia ... Everything has consequences.
However, organic is still my preference. And the best thing seems to me to vary the sources of supply so as not to always come across the same toxins.
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 24/03/21, 17:23

pedrabc
yes absolutely, but I am also against the versatile natural biodegradable poisons which kill not this or that species but which are broad spectrum and therefore font havoc on all an unknown and unknown fauna, the "bugs" we do not care e what we want is "organic"
still as bad as all those who talk about a subject they ignore and who refuse to get information from the right sources. On what unknown and little-known fauna - which if they are unknown and misunderstood we can precisely say nothing and especially not affirm (so do) what we do not know, which is obvious in your bad habits of free denigration.
Then what is poison for a certain form of life, is not it for others and to hold this kind of speech, there again, it stinks of the fakenews to which you are subscribed and when there are none you invent them simply. So ABC way; sources, scientific evidence!
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 24/03/21, 17:38

Janic wrote:pedrabc
yes absolutely, but I am also against the versatile natural biodegradable poisons which kill not this or that species but which are broad spectrum and therefore font havoc on all an unknown and unknown fauna, the "bugs" we do not care e what we want is "organic"
still as bad as all those who talk about a subject they ignore and who refuse to get information from the right sources.

Two examples:
1: Rotenone, toxic to fish, non-systemic, kills everything that has mitochondria.
2: Pyrethrum, toxic to fish and reptiles, non-systemic. Kill all bugs.
The only advantages (of size): Biodegradable quickly, little persistence.
2 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 24/03/21, 19:45

GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote: Rotenone, toxic to fish, non-systemic, kills anything that has mitochondria.
This substance was banned in Europe in 2008 for another reason (a derogation having been granted until April 30, 2011 for apples, pears, cherries, peaches, vines and potatoes ...)
According to Freya Kamel, co-author of the publication, "rotenone directly inhibits the functioning of mitochondria". In recent years, several studies have shown that there is a link between Parkinson's disease and the disruption of these small inclusions responsible for supplying cells with energy.

NIH researchers examined 110 people with Parkinson's and a control group of 358 unharmed subjects. All were selected from a cohort of 90.000 professionals (farmers, gardeners, etc.) who use phytosanitary products, as well as their spouses, followed within the framework of the FME (Farming and Movement Evaluation) study. "Parkinson's disease is 2,5 times more common in subjects who reported having used rotenone", write the authors. All this, even when the exposure dates back more than fifteen years before the diagnosis. https://sante.lefigaro.fr/actualite/201 ... -parkinson.
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 24/03/21, 20:19

GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:
Moindreffor wrote:yes absolutely, but I am also against versatile natural biodegradable poisons which do not kill this or that species but which are broad spectrum and therefore wreak havoc on an unknown and unknown fauna, the "bugs" we do not care what we want is "organic"

Who is for ???

those who do not mention them voluntarily to make disinformation and only speak of those used in conventional, they only lie by omission, so for me on the other hand that means for ...
0 x
(of me)
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 24/03/21, 20:22

Obamot wrote:However, organic is still my preference.

and what do you base it on? the feeling or something to found, or just because it's fashionable and you want to be a cool guy, who wants to spend in society, and therefore more demago than pedago?
0 x
(of me)
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 24/03/21, 20:26

GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:

Who is for ???

Stupid questions. We cannot be for or against systematically.
Against of course as a rule, but in special cases without other alternative, perhaps.
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 24/03/21, 20:27

Janic wrote:pedrabc
still as bad as all those who talk about a subject they ignore and who refuse to get information from the right sources. On what unknown and little-known fauna - which if they are unknown and misunderstood we can precisely say nothing about them

but you really don't see any further than the tip of your nose, unknown and unknown to the simple consumer, you had to read the sentence to the end, but your habit of slicing everything prevents you from having a global vision of what We say, it's a shame to be so limited in the analysis, after 3 words you draw and you hit the side ...

it is obvious that all this life of the soil is known, and that we are beginning to see all its usefulness, and that we question the work of the soil, something that "organic" has still not done, this is still not in the specifications, so even if some do, because they go further than organic, this proves that this organic that you sell us is not the best solution
0 x
(of me)