Everything about potatoes for 2021

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Did67

Re: Everything about potatoes for 2021

by Did67 » 26/09/21, 09:24

Here is its "technical" sheet: http://plantdepommedeterre.org/index/fi ... rre/spunta

Indeed, a lot of interesting things: productivity, size! And a little "average in all" (resistance, precocity) ...
0 x
Julienmos
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Julienmos » 01/10/21, 21:16

potatoes have a fairly high glycemic index, but I read somewhere that those with purple flesh would not have this defect ...

I guess it is the "vitelotte", who ever tested it? and are there other similar varieties?
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 02/10/21, 11:18

Julienmos wrote:potatoes have a fairly high glycemic index, but I read somewhere that those with purple flesh would not have this defect ...

I guess it is the "vitelotte", who ever tested it? and are there other similar varieties?

So there, I would be suspicious at first.

The first factor that plays on the glycemic index in potatoes is the way they are prepared: the more "mashed" it is, the sooner it is digested.

Afterwards, those with purple flesh are perhaps quite simply a little less rich in starch ???

To reduce the glycemic index, there is a fatal oar: fibers !!! Which are also a delicacy of your microbiota.

So fibers + fibers + fibers + fibers ... and you will be better off.

If they are raw, they are even less digestible ...
0 x