Everything about potatoes for 2021

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: Everything about potatoes for 2021

by Doris » 18/09/21, 08:16

Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:If you have pictures of your rosabella and spunta I am interested because it is likely to be my choice for 2022.

Photos of the plants? Tubers?
0 x
"Enter only with your heart, bring nothing from the world.
And don't tell what people say "
Edmond Rostand
Biobomb
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Biobomb » 18/09/21, 10:05

Doris wrote:
Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:If you have pictures of your rosabella and spunta I am interested because it is likely to be my choice for 2022.

Please Doris, also add your selection criteria, including their conservation and their cooking.
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 18/09/21, 11:59

Doris wrote:

If you have both especially for the Spunta to compare with my orphan and unknown foot, thank you
0 x
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 18/09/21, 13:29

Biobombe wrote:
Doris wrote:

Please Doris, also add your selection criteria, including their conservation and their cooking.

Here are the pictures. Regarding Rosabella, I think I will come back to the Delicacy next year, we both have a slight preference in this direction, firmer flesh, larger tubers etc.
Here is Rosabella, a plant, which I thought had been carried away by mildew, and which is still living its small life:
IMG_20210918_124313_8.jpg

Spunta, which still produces a little:

IMG_20210918_124325_3.jpg

Rosabella:
IMG_20200604_131504.jpg
IMG_20200604_131504.jpg (274.26 KB) Viewed times 1675

Delicatesse and Spunta:
IMG_20200729_181245.jpg

Next year I will be doing the Spunta again, it's a potato, which I have been using for a long time in my profession, and I have trouble finding it in the store here, so I take advantage of my vegetable garden. I like it in my job, because it's big and long tubers, and it makes great homemade fries, for example. And it behaves well for any kind of preparation, does not boil, etc. It's the same for Delicacy, we like it very well. I added this year the primlady, which is also nice, and which continues to produce, more a lot, but enough for us. Regarding conservation, I can only speak of the Spunta and Delicacy, and what I say may not be appropriate elsewhere, because like most people in the Landes, I do not have a cellar, nor any other cool place. In my cellar, even in the middle of winter, it is between ten and fifteen degrees, so storage for me is not so much a criterion, because I do not have the right conditions. Nevertheless, my 2020 Harvested Delicacies started to germinate timidly before Christmas, and I finally put them under hay in January, it was getting unmanageable. The Spunta germinated a few weeks later.
1 x
Edmond Rostand
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 18/09/21, 14:49

Decidedly, it suffices to criticize, and we are contradicted: here is the last harvest on a Rosabella plant, almost dying in July, since regularly small samples, and now at its final end of life still 600g, with medium-sized tubers
IMG_20210918_144122_1.jpg
0 x
Edmond Rostand
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 18/09/21, 16:05

Great thanks a lot.

This comforts me in this choice also for here ...
And the foot of the spunta is quite similar to mine at first glance, that's what we had determined, based on my explanation with the guy from the coop.

In the 1st post, what are the feet at this moment?
If so they are still great say so
0 x
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 18/09/21, 17:32

Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:In the 1st post, what are the feet at this moment?

Yes, it dates from this morning. I myself am quite surprised by what is happening in my vegetable garden this year, between the tomatoes, which have regained a second youth, to offer me in the end almost as many harvests as last year, and the apples. of earth that I wanted to unearth like everyone else, and which became again as beautiful as in the spring. I say it and maintain, this year, much more than last year, if I had not observed certain evolutions, let the living being and the plants live their life, I would have missed out on a lot of things. The vegetable garden was not all the time "pretty" in the eyes of some, even the rest of the land, with complicated weather, me resting precisely on the days when it was raining, it's ugly, but it was all the time. productive and generous.
0 x
Edmond Rostand
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 18/09/21, 20:13

Doris wrote:
Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:In the 1st post, what are the feet at this moment?

Yes, it dates from this morning. I myself am quite surprised by what is happening in my vegetable garden this year, between the tomatoes, which have regained a second youth, to offer me in the end almost as many harvests as last year, and the apples. of earth that I wanted to unearth like everyone else, and which became again as beautiful as in the spring. I say it and maintain, this year, much more than last year, if I had not observed certain evolutions, let the living being and the plants live their life, I would have missed out on a lot of things. The vegetable garden was not all the time "pretty" in the eyes of some, even the rest of the land, with complicated weather, me resting precisely on the days when it was raining, it's ugly, but it was all the time. productive and generous.

Oh yes, these are great plants

But is the whole plot like this or are they just a few plants?
0 x
Biobomb
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Biobomb » 18/09/21, 21:10

Doris wrote:Decidedly, it suffices to criticize, and we are contradicted

I do not see Doris any criticism, contradicting you either. From me you only receive congratulations. Thanks for all the details you just gave us, I really appreciate it.
With the Tarbais your cassoulet must be at the top!
0 x
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 18/09/21, 22:56

Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:
Oh yes, these are great plants

But is the whole plot like this or are they just a few plants?

It's only a few plants left, but surprisingly at this time of year
0 x
Edmond Rostand