Pedal agricultural machinery

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Did67

by Did67 » 25/11/14, 21:40

In the case of the hoeing wheel, it does not contribute to the effort, nor does it harm it ... It is there to adjust the depth; the inclined blades lift the soil slightly, pull the weeds ...

In the situations that I mention even a Chinese mini-tractor was not affordable for the most modest sections ... and we did not want the project to be monopolized by the better-off (they were already imported at the time in Namibia)
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 25/11/14, 21:47

Generally speaking, continuous movement is less powerful in its effects (I am speaking on the scale of human strength), but less wasteful in energy: digging is useful when faced with compact soil or solid weeds, pulling or pushing avoids unnecessary movements and "empty", it is more suitable for superficial work and repeated at a regular frequency.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Flytox

by Flytox » 25/11/14, 22:42

Hello Did67

Did67 wrote:No, be reassured ...

I should not have written "hot" ...

The reaction of Flytox, even with a smiley signaling that it was meant to be humor, following Ahmed's idea of ​​harnessing people, struck me.

Sorry to have hit you (also hot), the idea was not to denigrate in one way or another those who earn their crust with the force of their arm (literal sense), but when I saw the machine on video, I immediately perceived it as something very ineffective and completely unsuitable for "bush" use. The power developed by a man is already very low and between the transmission, the chains, the sprocket and other extra large tires, what remains as usable power at the end? We can do much better, much more simply and efficiently, as you have clearly specified above. Slavery is also making people believe that we are trying to help them by making them go after bad solutions. (applicable to everyone without exception).

In a "bush" situation, simplicity has no equal for this kind of tool and the most brilliant of ideas only really gain value after the test in situation, in the field and over time. ... Not seen that this has been documented .... It's hard for me to go into ecstasies on a "thing" that I consider badly "thought" even if the idea of ​​improving the lot of those who are struggling speaks to me. ..
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 26/11/14, 11:28

Crabine7 wrote:Good evening, I just saw (on Facebook) a "culticycle" which brought me to this link http://farmhack.net/tools/culticycle
The craft seems brittle over time, what about this type of thing?
As does one factory in France? (Link please).

Hello,

I had opened a similar subject on econology of construction of an agricultural machine "with human motor" following a cooperative day of work of the land in a shared garden: we were about twenty volunteers who came to help beaker a field in surface before sowing.

Most of us had come by bicycle and I thought that the sporting qualities of these volunteers could be usefully used for working the land, especially since many are now equipping themselves with electric bikes.

In short, the idea is to build a small chassis with 3 or 4 agrarian wheels behind which we hang an agricultural tool: weeder, harrow, ploughshare, mower, etc.

Bikes would be fixed on this chassis (from 1 to 4 bikes) thanks to an existing system allowing to use his bike in apartment, and would make it possible to advance the machine, but also to turn an inertial wheel which stored energy to restore it at the best time ...

Despite the doubts expressed by some, I remain convinced that such a machine would be effective, and would add a little touch of cooperative work accessible to all: some volunteers have been cycling for years and are at home. feel comfortable on their handlebars; on the other hand picking the earth by hand or handling a scythe is a more difficult and uncomfortable gesture.

This project remains current but I lack the means.
For the moment I am still in the study and material recovery phase. I have already recovered a small self-propelled mower gearbox which seems interesting to equip this future agricultural machine, and various old agricultural tools with animal traction. YAPLUKA!

Edit:
I just found the debate on the project of manufacturing an agricultural machine with human energy (subject which has also opened an additional subject still active: direct sowing VS plowing:

https://www.econologie.com/forums/materiels- ... 13225.html

already 8 months!

... and I give this interesting link to a cultivation does it seem effective enough: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4u87VhYFV0
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
marcel
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by marcel » 26/11/14, 13:38

No opinion on the winch principle ????
Seems to me to be economical in material and very simple in technology. Switch roles so that you don't always work on the same muscle groups. Possibility of multiplying the people in traction with several pedals for a single axis. Even the chassis can be made of wood. No need for wheels. Ergonomic position (to be improved in relation to the image). Easy to anchor (ballast possible) ...
But as Ahmed says, there must be an adequacy between the object and the desired goal: depending on the surface, the tool used, the nature of the soil ...
0 x
Rabbit
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rabbit » 26/11/14, 15:02

If you want to gain power. Almost even doubling it, you come out bobbed from his chair, you replace it with a bag of potatoes and you make him pull, also the winch.

With a little luck it will be enough enerve to optimize its working power and thus double it.

Better, after a day of work, you can sleep peacefully. she should go to bed early.
: Cheesy:

No, but seriously, we are no longer in stone age.
There are draft animals for this kind of work.
Worse for tractors, a small 35-45 horsepower tractor. With frying oil, it's perfect. And vegetable oil is everywhere.

Sometimes I wonder if there are any who purposely suggest delusional stuff. Frankly at times I feel discouraged from reading some of them. To believe that they live in the city, we have never seen what the internet means. To begin with not the worst, and made it their real world reality. The guys should think about going outside. Cultivate a piece of land and concretely know what you are talking about. No but stop, the nonsense on the perpetual movement, the culture of the fields with bobonne on a wheelchair and other delights.

It’s still good to let off steam a little. I've been reading to you for months and I was starting to get drunk. To say that before it was a forum relatively serious.
0 x
marcel
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by marcel » 26/11/14, 17:49

I agree a little and disagree at all.
I posed the problem in relation to the question raised of a use in a very underprivileged area therefore by putting aside the solutions of the industrialized countries.

Then, personally, I have a good 800m2 garden, half of which is in lawn + orchard and the other in a vegetable patch. I have a small tiller. But I only use it twice a year. As a result, it is still broken down due to the dry seals. I'm going to screw it up to someone. There are many times when I don't want to take it out and where I dig. But it is not very pleasant and the age coming I have less and less desire to break my back. So simple and ergonomic solutions always interest me. Expensive and bulky mechanical tools are not very suitable for the surface that I manage. This is especially what you have to see. So I'm not a city dweller, I don't extrapolate, I'm talking about my daily life there. Me not want to make work bobonne like that. My wife deserves respect.
Frying oil is yes, but when there is less oil it may be more complicated. And if there is a way I prefer to put it in the car which is more useful to me than the mower.
It also happens to me and much more often to pedal sportily, my sweet too when she does her aquabike, so making profitable my energy expenditure "of good health" does not appear to me to be total idiocy.
But everyone has their own way of seeing.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 26/11/14, 18:21

1) For your gardens, in our climates, I invite you to read this:

https://www.econologie.com/forums/post279520.html#279520

Tillage is simply useless and perfectly harmful!

In an arid climate, since I have experimented, it is a different story to produce the "biomass" to cover the ground!

2) For the "southern countries" as they say so as not to upset the poor, in these poor countries there are poor and rich ...

The poor in these poor countries are really poor. So poor that they cannot maintain a draft animal ... I'm not talking about buying a tractor .... This seems to escape a few.

I would remind you that this thread started from a discussion relating to Burkina Faso:

I am very interested in Burkina Faso, in order to give an outlet to our blacksmiths

Sorry to come back to this, if it still escapes some: being called "not serious" [I'm not talking about the photo of the hippies below] by people whose reasoning seems to be: "they didn't no bread, the poor ??? Let's be serious: we just have to sell them brioches! " [if I can roughly paraphrase a famous queen] ...
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 26/11/14, 19:15

We look forward to seeing you! did, for your relevant update.

Some plants accept growing in difficult conditions (jatropha and surely many others ...) and could provide soil cover.

The brf also works, but must be conceived more in terms of organic contribution when there is presence of termites: the branches are buried and are reduced without the need for a shredder!

In short, solutions are possible, provided that we get out of preconceived ideas.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Flytox

by Flytox » 26/11/14, 19:18

Did67 wrote:2) For the "southern countries" as they say so as not to upset the poor, in these poor countries there are poor and rich ...

The poor in these poor countries are really poor. So poor that they cannot maintain a draft animal ... I'm not talking about buying a tractor .... This seems to escape a few.

I would remind you that this thread started from a discussion relating to Burkina Faso:

I am very interested in Burkina Faso, in order to give an outlet to our blacksmiths

Sorry to come back to this, if it still escapes some: being called "not serious" [I'm not talking about the photo of the hippies below] by people whose reasoning seems to be: "they didn't no bread, the poor ??? Let's be serious: we just have to sell them brioches! " [if I can roughly paraphrase a famous queen] ...

Speaking of poor people from poor people, to fix an order of magnitude of misery. This happens in Burundi between 2011 and 2013. My daughter makes a (humanitarian) survey with Batois (the most de-inherited minority) and meets a woman mother of a large family who explains her life in Burundi (Really not enough to do envious :frown: :| ) Etc ....

A few months go by without news, then they meet again. The Burundian finds it difficult to say that everything is going well ... in the meantime she has lost 2 of her children with Malaria ....because she couldn't find around € 2 per child for the treatment that could have saved them. When a 3rd child of this woman was reached, the very united village, met and they subscribed to buy the treatment, apparently the kid got away.
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132

Back to "Agriculture: problems and pollution, new techniques and solutions"