A vegetable meadow?

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: A vegetable meadow?

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 16/10/19, 15:30

to be chafoin wrote:Oh there it is gargantuan! I'm going to harvest only 2 plus 3 pumpkins. Always impressive also this plant! And it's true that when there is room and you no longer have to contemplate working the soil you can more easily imagine such vegetable extensions. The problem can be conservation, but for the squash it is without any concern on that side!

That's it....

Since we eat a lot of soups, if we have 40 or so it will be the season, but we are not there yet : Mrgreen:
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 16/10/19, 15:49

nico239 wrote:
jardama wrote:Well, don't be shy when there's room! (about 600 m2) it allows you to give them to children, friends and ... to have products whose origin we know. then it saves some money. I don't know what is the price in an organic store?
It didn't take a lot of work after putting the tarpaulins in place and sowing / planting: pumpkins / berry sweet and some patidou feet (the best). Just a few watering cans in July and August.

The pumpkin is not only delicious but it is not given

uh I looked a little at the prices, the pumpkin of correct size 3.60 € in supermarkets and at gammvert a pumpkin between 3 and 5 kg it was 7,95 € of memory and that in non organic,
I look a little because having bought the feet, I like to know a little to compare between buying the plants and buying the potting soil and the seeds, er this year it seems to me that the prices have increased, would there have been a particular phenomenon this summer :?:
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
jardama
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by jardama » 16/10/19, 15:56

Yes it is true that not having to work the soil, it encourages to do more. And then as I do not live there, I tell myself, on the quantity there will always be a little !!! Ditto for tomatoes, leeks, cabbage ...
I manage to keep them until February in general. but there since the hail martyred them a little in August, it makes holes through which rot can start to appear, so this year I don't know. The first years, I put them in the cellar. Rapid decay. Especially not in a humid place, I was told. Warm and dry if possible. No freshness.

We like potimarrons and berry sucrine.
The patidou is very good: more chestnut flavor than the pumpkin
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 16/10/19, 16:23

jardama wrote:Yes it is true that not having to work the soil, it encourages to do more. And then as I do not live there, I tell myself, on the quantity there will always be a little !!! Ditto for tomatoes, leeks, cabbage ...
I manage to keep them until February in general. but there since the hail martyred them a little in August, it makes holes through which rot can start to appear, so this year I don't know. The first years, I put them in the cellar. Rapid decay. Especially not in a humid place, I was told. Warm and dry if possible. No freshness.

We like potimarrons and berry sucrine.
The patidou is very good: more chestnut flavor than the pumpkin

the patidou? what is a variety of pumpkin, with us we also like the taste of chestnut pumpkins compared to pumpkin
for conservation, place them on soft, a crate and a little hay, to avoid rotting from below, me it is in the basement so dry and around 12 ° C in winter, not a large enough production to go very far in time, but no difference between the first eaten and the last, so no impact of the conservation time
0 x
(of me)
jardama
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by jardama » 16/10/19, 16:37

Le patidou: I will make a photo (this one comes from the internet). It was a friend who gave it to me three / four years ago.
Attachments
Patidou.png
Patidou.png (438.78 KiB) Viewed 2012 times
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 16/10/19, 17:15

jardama wrote:Le patidou: I will make a photo (this one comes from the internet). It was a friend who gave it to me three / four years ago.

must therefore find the seeds
0 x
(of me)
Did67

by Did67 » 16/10/19, 17:45

jardama wrote:
I manage to keep them until February in general ...

We just fed the worms with butternuts ... from the 2018 harvest! On the occasion of a storage. Intact. Stored on a garage shelf (cool, frost-free, not wet). [it's called garage, but it's "basement storage"; the car stays outside!]
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 16/10/19, 17:46

jardama wrote:Yes it's true that not having to work the soil, it encourages to do more ...

CQFD !!!
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 16/10/19, 19:28

Did67 wrote:
jardama wrote:
I manage to keep them until February in general ...

We just fed the worms with butternuts ... from the 2018 harvest! On the occasion of a storage. Intact. Stored on a garage shelf (cool, frost-free, not wet). [this is called garage, but it is "basement storage"; the car stays outside!]

I think that's the real definition of the word garage, right? : Mrgreen:
0 x
(of me)
jardama
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by jardama » 16/10/19, 20:23

Patidou, continued,
for the seeds, I could send you some [answer to Moindreffor]
I found some on the St Marthe farm site.
There is this comment: "Patidou squash, sometimes called Sweet Dumpling squash, is a runner variety producing about ten fruits per plant, 8 to 15 cm in diameter by 6 to 10 cm high, 200 to 600 g. The flesh of the patidou squash is orange, very fine, firm, sweet, with a delicious nutty taste. It is as decorative as it is succulent. "

I find the taste of chestnut rather than hazelnut!
I find it quite difficult to grow. There are two to three maximum per foot and more!
0 x