A vegetable meadow?

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
jardama
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: A vegetable meadow?

by jardama » 15/10/19, 22:51

The weather was nice during the month of September, it rained, no frosts (Puy de Dôme, 600 m altitude). For me, the tomatoes: nothing. downy mildew ravaged everything after a hailstorm on August 20 that broke the flowers.
Usually we have it until the first frosts. Finally we have had so far, enough for us and not to give a little and to make grout.
A photo of the mustard I planted where there were potatoes.
0 x
jardama
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by jardama » 15/10/19, 22:52

The photo is passed! Here it is.
Attachments
20191013_131231.jpg
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 16/10/19, 09:02

Yes.

I was joking, as I would have written I wonder if I don't have pittbulls! (only when I had halogen at night - I was wondering if it was a fire-related atavism!)
0 x
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by to be chafoin » 16/10/19, 11:51

jardama wrote:The weather was nice during the month of September, it rained, no frosts (Puy de Dôme, 600 m altitude). For me, the tomatoes: nothing. downy mildew ravaged everything after a hailstorm on August 20 that broke the flowers.
Usually we have it until the first frosts. Finally we have had so far, enough for us and not to give a little and to make grout.
A photo of the mustard I planted where there were potatoes.
Ah yes I did not think the climate of Auvergne so mild! Superb mustards (what a cool plant!): When did you sow them?
If you could have done all that with your tomatoes, it's still not bad! I also can't get enough of these tomatoes! Besides, without fear of getting tired of it (like me):
20191015_174855.jpg
harvest yesterday (zucchini, peppers, eggplant, cabbage)
0 x
jardama
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by jardama » 16/10/19, 12:03

I sowed them at the end of August. The weather has been really good. Maybe I should have done more things. Even though it was a very difficult year with these two weeks of strong heat waves and drought, I realize that I finally managed to harvest regularly something. It is a teacher for the years to come.
I was afraid in July for the squash which seemed to "cook" in the sun and finally, with just a few sprinklers of water from time to time, there will be a little as usual about forty feet sown or planted). Initially, I had put a little hay on the ground and I covered it with a woven tarpaulin (not enough hay, and also part of the garden where there is little soil, and therefore a reserve of less water in the soil. I thought that the tarpaulin would help limit evaporation)
I harvested about a third. (view the photo)
Attachments
20191013_140320.jpg
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 16/10/19, 12:56

not bad, pies, purees, soups and squash gratins are coming : Mrgreen:
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 16/10/19, 14:20

Moindreffor wrote:not bad, pies, purees, soups and squash gratins are coming : Mrgreen:

40 feet there is no secret ....

Next year we will make it 100m long all along the fence of the pleasure garden : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: against ... 2 feet this year Image
0 x
jardama
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by jardama » 16/10/19, 14:59

Well, don't be shy when there's room! (about 600 m2) it allows you to give them to children, friends and ... to have products whose origin we know. then it saves some money. I don't know what is the price in an organic store?
It didn't take a lot of work after putting the tarpaulins in place and sowing / planting: pumpkins / berry sweet and some patidou feet (the best). Just a few watering cans in July and August.
0 x
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by to be chafoin » 16/10/19, 15:24

Oh there it is gargantuan! I'm going to harvest only 2 plus 3 pumpkins. Always impressive also this plant! And it's true that when there is room and you no longer have to contemplate working the soil you can more easily imagine such vegetable extensions. The problem can be conservation, but for the squash it is without any concern on that side!
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 16/10/19, 15:29

jardama wrote:Well, don't be shy when there's room! (about 600 m2) it allows you to give them to children, friends and ... to have products whose origin we know. then it saves some money. I don't know what is the price in an organic store?
It didn't take a lot of work after putting the tarpaulins in place and sowing / planting: pumpkins / berry sweet and some patidou feet (the best). Just a few watering cans in July and August.

The pumpkin is not only delicious but it is not given
0 x