A vegetable meadow?

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Did67

Re: A vegetable meadow?

by Did67 » 02/10/19, 08:56

There would therefore be different hornets: mine, nesting in a hollow tree 100 m in front of the house, I could not light the halogen (there is no public lighting where I am; I put it for that people go back to the car without breaking their mouths). They were getting mad.

And yes, in the fall, having eaten a lot of caterpillars, therefore of meat, I have the impression that they end up in a big big desert. And they dig the fruits. This is the other dangerous situation "unwittingly": you are harvesting and on the opposite side, where you cannot see, there is a hornet or a wasp which is digging.

Perfect illustration (again) of "Nothing is ever perfect in this low world" (not even hornets!), Or "everything has advantages (here), but also disadvantages (there)" ...
0 x
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by to be chafoin » 15/10/19, 11:05

An illustration of the revival of vegetation after the drought.
Attachments
20191008_181406 [1] .jpg
This eggplant plant that I thought had reached its end, showed a "spectacular" increase with the production of new leaves, flowers and new fruits (here we can see 4) at the end of September, the beginning of October.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 15/10/19, 16:46

Surprised me too by my eggplants. To be classified among the "false-exotics" ... even if it reached us via North Africa, then Spain and the south of France ... Much more resistant than cucurbits (especially powdery mildew ).
1 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 15/10/19, 20:15

to be chafoin wrote:An illustration of the revival of vegetation after the drought.

similar very surprised by the eggplants which in a short time gave new flowers and fruits, a pity that the lack of fertility of my vegetable garden made that the fruits were small, actually from the arrival of the rains it exploded and the same for the peppers, almost nothing and in a month a month and a half big production of small fruits but in number

something else tomato pies planted later were still intact with green fruit unfortunately while the other feet planted earlier were scorched by mildew, so as Didier says, the late season will I think become a real possibility to make harvests, I still eat radishes picked in the garden in mid-October and I will have small turnips when it is not a winter variety

so in autumn, the heat is still there and it's not only the hay that mineralizes and therefore beyond putting nitrate pumps like green manure, we will be able to plant vegetables, like Nico, if he had sown his zucchini a chouillat earlier he would have a good harvest
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
jardama
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by jardama » 15/10/19, 21:30

My zucchini sown on August 20 grew well, I will be able to harvest some of them. I was also able to harvest beans (next to the zucchini). A variety (Triumph of Farcy) which I thought was not good because those sown in June were full of son (not enough water). Those who have grown in better conditions are very good. So not really to do with the variety.
Leeks, also sown in August, have sprouted and are beginning to make a leaf.
Attachments
20191013_124717.jpg
20191013_124711.jpg
0 x
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by to be chafoin » 15/10/19, 22:22

It is true that they are impressive these zucchini at the end of August (really sown or planted?), In full vigor, not a trace of disease! Like what the young plants are more resistant.
I am still picking up on my normal planted monster foot in May which has also been revived like eggplants, despite powdery mildew.
20191011_185008 [1] .jpg
harvest 4 days ago

Another example, my beans have stopped: I have lots of small "fruits" but they hardly grow any more.
Last edited by to be chafoin the 15 / 10 / 19, 22: 31, 1 edited once.
0 x
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by to be chafoin » 15/10/19, 22:25

Did67 wrote:Surprised me too by my eggplants. To be classified among the "false-exotics" ... even if it reached us via North Africa, then Spain and the south of France ... Much more resistant than cucurbits (especially powdery mildew ).
Ah yes, okay, I thought it also came from Latin America. I understand better why there is this difference with the tomatoes which, even if they continue to produce, stick out much more the tongue, suffer much more the diseases!
Eggplant surprise too because there is this reputation for the need for heat and yet now temperatures have dropped, but it must stay in the right range ...
0 x
jardama
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by jardama » 15/10/19, 22:41

I had sown them in pots, then replanted eight days later. A pumpkin seed has been found well in this land. I don't remember how she got there.
0 x
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by to be chafoin » 15/10/19, 22:44

jardama wrote:I had sown them in pots, then replanted eight days later. A pumpkin seed has been found well in this land. I don't remember how she got there.
What pedo-climatic context (without coarseness)?
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 15/10/19, 22:44

Did67 wrote:There would therefore be different hornets: mine, nesting in a hollow tree 100 m in front of the house, I could not light the halogen (there is no public lighting where I am; I put it for that people go back to the car without breaking their mouths). They were getting mad.

And yes, in the fall, having eaten a lot of caterpillars, therefore of meat, I have the impression that they end up in a big big desert. And they dig the fruits. This is the other dangerous situation "unwittingly": you are harvesting and on the opposite side, where you cannot see, there is a hornet or a wasp which is digging.

Perfect illustration (again) of "Nothing is ever perfect in this low world" (not even hornets!), Or "everything has advantages (here), but also disadvantages (there)" ...

In Europe there are only two kinds of hornets, Vespa crabro, the endemic European hornet and Vespa velutina called "Asian hornet". Otherwise, yes, the hornet attacks the fruits when they are very ripe but also the parasites that could have penetrated into it, hence the galleries that some dig, not necessarily only for the sugar loaded with alcohol, but also for meat! One stone two birds.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)