A vegetable meadow?

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: A vegetable meadow?

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 15/01/19, 01:44

I feel that the veil plays a special role against the cold weather.

The temperature goes down but the plants "do not freeze".

We went through 2 times -15 these last days then + 6 last night then -6 right now ...

The real roller coaster ... : Mrgreen:
0 x
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by to be chafoin » 15/01/19, 13:28

nico239 wrote:I feel that the veil plays a special role against the cold weather.
Yes, but the question I ask myself is is the plastic tarpaulin useful in the winter? Because I have the impression that it is better a layer of sail than a layer of plastic, question temperatures. The plastic does not let any water pass so it may play on the ground temperature (colder perhaps?) ... But maybe at night with really low temperatures the plastic is better ? Moreover, the thickness of the sheet must also count.
nico239 wrote:We went through 2 times -15 these last days then + 6 last night then -6 right now ...
Oula yes here we are far from these cold Siberians. And your beans do not pull the mug under the chassis?
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 15/01/19, 23:27

to be chafoin wrote:
nico239 wrote:I feel that the veil plays a special role against the cold weather.
Yes, but the question I ask myself is is the plastic tarpaulin useful in the winter? Because I have the impression that it is better a layer of sail than a layer of plastic, question temperatures. The plastic does not let any water pass so it may play on the ground temperature (colder perhaps?) ... But maybe at night with really low temperatures the plastic is better ? Moreover, the thickness of the sheet must also count.
nico239 wrote:We went through 2 times -15 these last days then + 6 last night then -6 right now ...
Oula yes here we are far from these cold Siberians. And your beans do not pull the mug under the chassis?

Yes the layer of greenhouse tarpaulin is not great for rain but it helps to protect: basically must choose.

It would have been necessary to realize several chassis to compare a top and a bottom with P30 like cover and to see the difference.
And the same ones with tarpaulin.

Because I think that height also plays for the protection of the cold.

For the beans I made the mistake of not blocking the chassis.
15 days ago the wind made it rock and I did not realize: a little balls.
And the beans spent about 3 nights at cool temperatures for them before the cold weather.
I put it back and blocked.

Yesterday I took a look and inside it seemed ok although a little sagging, but I did not deepen.
I will try to look better tomorrow and make a photo
0 x
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by to be chafoin » 16/01/19, 03:51

nico239 wrote:Yesterday I took a look and inside it seemed ok although a little sagging, but I did not deepen.
Yes because -15 (under the chassis it goes back a bit) it seems a bit extreme for the beans. If it's just collapsed it'll go, it'll get stronger.
0 x
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by to be chafoin » 16/01/19, 03:54

nico239 wrote:Because I think that height also plays for the protection of the cold.
Yes the question is to know in what way ...
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 16/01/19, 07:47

to be chafoin wrote:
nico239 wrote:Because I think that height also plays for the protection of the cold.
Yes the question is to know in what way ...

Neither too high nor too low: not too much air volume but a certain volume all the same: no I'm not Norman : Mrgreen:
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 17/01/19, 00:25

The detail to compare with those who remained without protection .... : Shock:

http://potagers.forumactif.com/t86-feve ... -par-15#89

Avant

After (the gust of wind and the chassis rocker probably cost the lives of many)

Temperature peaks -15 ° and average -5 ° / -10 °

0 x
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by to be chafoin » 17/01/19, 01:01

Yes indeed they have not (too) grilled even though they have suffered. What surprises me is the small number, it is the first ones that you sowed and that we had already seen in photo in the autumn where you sowed others? It seemed to me that there was more and you wanted to resemer ... I sown online all 5cm if my memories are good or pockets of 4-5, and they manage even if they are tight. Maybe there was a pb of seedlings or seeds?

Another surprise: few traces of slugs while mine were copiously trimmed! I would have liked to show mine but my cell phone was rolled over! I will try to borrow that of my companion on the occasion ...

It looks like the grass has taken over, it's wild reindeer this fall or grass that has pushed through the hay?
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 17/01/19, 01:08

to be chafoin wrote:Yes indeed they have not (too) grilled even though they have suffered. What surprises me is the small number, it is the first ones that you sowed and that we had already seen in photo in the autumn where you sowed others? It seemed to me that there was more and you wanted to resemer ... I sown online all 5cm if my memories are good or pockets of 4-5, and they manage even if they are tight.

Another surprise: few traces of slugs while mine were copiously trimmed! I would have liked to show mine but my cell phone was rolled over! I will try to borrow that of my companion on the occasion ...

It looks like the grass has taken over, it's wild reindeer this fall or grass that has pushed through the hay?

Hey yes I was a little careless on the gust of wind.

You have the picture of autumn and that of the day you can compare the losses.

I did not resemé.

Ah the grass she on the other hand she took advantage of the cocoon : Mrgreen: I put a layer of hay
0 x
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by to be chafoin » 17/01/19, 01:54

nico239 wrote:I did not resemé.
Ok, but did your seedling have a problem? I say that because I never had a pb of lifting with these big seeds and there it looked sparse.
0 x