A vegetable lazy Sarthe

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Did67

Return to posts index Reply Like Re: A lazy vegetable garden in Sarthe

by Did67 » 27/03/18, 19:44

Ahmed wrote:They do not commit suicide, because they act thus believing to flee ...

Of course, it's a suicide without the knowledge of their own free will! They would go unnoticed in the hay layer if they did not move!

[edit PS: For a cold-blooded animal, it's not smart!]
1 x
YoMan72
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by YoMan72 » 01/05/18, 14:23

Hello,

I'm in Sarthe also (on Le Mans) and I'm going to start a small garden in my garden. I'm counting on you ;-) to help me guide me in the few questions I will have for setting up my kitchen garden in our common area. I hope I do not overdo it and thank you in advance for the help you will give me.

But before I start, I will need information if you want to share it with me:
. Where did you manage to find hay in Sarthe? I saw ads on the right corner: can I go with confidence?
. How much hay on my 20m²? I thought I read about 3kg / m². As my plot is small and given my means of transport (trunk), I have to move towards small bales of hay (even if it means going back and forth ... I saw some on Changé, not too far from home me): either 5 bundles of 12kg or 4 of 15kg? is this sufficient for the season when I will have to restock during the year: How many kg to hold a year before refueling? I find it hard to tell myself that 5 small boots are enough to be 20cm thick. But I imagine that all this is more "it depends"! :-)
. Is spreading a small boot more complicated / difficult than a round bale?

Thank you again for your possible answers.
0 x
xav72
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by xav72 » 01/05/18, 18:58

"like a sow in doubt" : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
0 x
Stef72
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Stef72 » 01/05/18, 20:45

Hello YoMan72,

I started like this for my first garden, with small square boots that were to make 15 or 20 kilos max.
By filling a small trailer, I had reported 8 boots that had allowed me to make 20 square meters.
It seems to me a solution, especially since the handling and storage are facilitated with this format.

Do not hesitate to say that it is for the garden, that it does not have to be a "fodder" quality, you may be able to find cheaper ones. Leboncoin had worked well for me, see what is convenient and close to you!
0 x
YoMan72
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by YoMan72 » 09/05/18, 22:31

Hi,
I just found hay today (on the side of Loupelande). I wandered well, came across a very nice gentleman and the car was packed! :-)
On the other hand, the boots are "light": We feel that it has not been packed so I will see tomorrow once spread out what it will give. I have 11 in all but I hope I don't have to go back to double the stake. But I am skeptical because I do not realize what 2,5 to 3kg of hay does per m² ... I'll see ...

Aparte: Do I create my own thread with Sarthe in the title or do I post from time to time here in order to centralize "Sarthe infos"?
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 10/05/18, 08:53

Personally, but that's none of my business, I find the idea of ​​"regional groups" interesting ... If one day we manage to structure "phenoculture", organize "days", exchanges, that will be a basis!

But this is only my opinion !
1 x
Stef72
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Stef72 » 13/05/18, 19:54

Hello to all,

small follow me mid May while I do not have too much time to devote to the garden but I put 2 three tricks anyway:

as it grows everywhere, I just mowed the edges of planks, elsewhere it's the jungle!
mai2018_jardin_general.jpg

the strawberries in the brf seem to please themselves:
mai2018_jardin_fraises.jpg

garlic also in hay, planted in November:
mai2018_jardin_ail.jpg

I'm hoping to get climbing purple beans and kidney beans, like last year:
mai2018_jardin_haricot_grimpants.jpg

I'm trying this year Brussels sprouts, he come out of the greenhouse that we have with a boyfriend:
mai2018_jardin_choux_bruxelle.jpg

and I tried a butter bean seedling instead of the carrot seedling that had not worked ...
mai2018_jardin_semis_haricotbeurre.jpg

there is also a good example of a failed hay cover because it is too thin, over a first year in phenoculture, so "hard-core" mode:
mai2018_jardin_ratage.jpg

good night !
1 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 13/05/18, 21:55

Nice job.

A question

We sowed a lot of Spanish beans (in any case that's what it marked on the package) but it was indicated as ... "decorative" ...

So we planted them without thinking at the foot of the fence ...

In the end it is decorative or it is eaten?
0 x
Stef72
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Stef72 » 14/05/18, 08:38

good question,
last year I just kept the seeds, normally it is eaten, but not yet tasted, it will be for this year!
0 x
Stef72
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Stef72 » 08/08/18, 11:42

Hi the phénoculteurs,

soon an update on this thread: I was very taken by a personal project and suddenly I did almost nothing in the kitchen garden this season ... but nothing is lost, I still harvest 2, 3 stuff and the fruiters are in place anyway ...

see you soon !
0 x