A Kitchen Garden Sloth in the Hérault (St-Chinian)

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
green68
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: A Kitchen Garden Sloth in the Hérault (St-Chinian)

by green68 » 31/05/18, 21:05

Did67 wrote:
green68 wrote:
... my plants are good to take out but the stakes are not in place they will wait until tomorrow :!:

Ah because you need stakes ????

Classically, I put them after.

There, my plants are in place and are starting to recover. The "tunnel" is still not repaired. So no strings to support them yet!

to be chafoin wrote:Yes me ditto I just planted another series of plants (tomatoes, peppers / peppers) but neither they nor those that I planted a week ago are not tutored ..

My fault, my maximum fault : Lol: , I am a poor gardener and only copy what my neighbors do (at least for the stakes) re : Lol:
0 x
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by to be chafoin » 31/05/18, 21:16

Oh no it's also good to put them before, it doesn't change much but ... Didier may have a more efficient technique with his strings ... no big holes in the ground I imagine but ... sardines? :?:
0 x
green68
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by green68 » 31/05/18, 21:51

to be chafoin wrote:Oh no it's also good to put them before, it doesn't change much but ... Didier may have a more efficient technique with his strings ... no big holes in the ground I imagine but ... sardines? :?:

As for the technique of the strings, I tried 2 years ago but the gusts of winds (often more than 50km / h) have almost everything torn off :(

I even had to intervene on the stakes (reeds) of an old neighbor who, although planted enough, have made the trunk :(

For the cherry tomatoes / olives I plant 4 reeds and create a cage for them.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 31/05/18, 21:57

My plants are in a tunnel, with a metal structure (Filclair greenhouse). Now, the storm tore it off, but until then, it held ... And so my sons are leaving this structure. There is no need for a sardine. I tie at the bottom of the foot to prevent it from "unwinding" and then I wrap around the stem passing under each leaf. This "spiral" holds. The more you pull, the more it squeezes!

In contrast, the system of "braiding" stakes and then putting on strings is ludicrous - albeit very fashionable; another thing of the eggs of the Internet which lacks just a little common sense for lack of knowledge of the laws of physics! This amounts to transferring the load from several feet to a few posts and creating a catch in the wind ... without any interest. A simple stake per foot, well inserted is much more serious!
1 x
green68
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by green68 » 07/06/18, 13:33

Hello all.

In a portion of the top vegetable garden, left "fallow" (not used except for the creation of cover), I find myself face to face with a plant that I do not know. About 1 meter tall, leaves rough but not prickly.
2018-06-06 16.58.21.jpg
unknown plant

If a good soul could inform me :?
0 x
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by to be chafoin » 07/06/18, 14:40

Maybe a goosefoot? Difficult to say like that for me, it would be necessary to see the detail and the evolution of the plant (flower, fruit).
0 x
green68
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by green68 » 08/06/18, 12:25

to be chafoin wrote:Maybe a goosefoot? Difficult to say like that for me, it would be necessary to see the detail and the evolution of the plant (flower, fruit).

OK, thanks to be chafoin, To be continued :!:
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 09/06/18, 00:26

green68 wrote:Hello all.

In a portion of the top vegetable garden, left "fallow" (not used except for the creation of cover), I find myself face to face with a plant that I do not know. About 1 meter tall, leaves rough but not prickly.
2018-06-06 16.58.21.jpg

Ooh the pretty Jerusalem artichokes .... Image

And it may still go up ... and in the end it will make pretty flowers

But at least you will not have lost everything and you will be able to eat them ... :!: :!: :!: like us.
1 x
green68
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by green68 » 12/06/18, 22:23

nico239 wrote:
green68 wrote:Hello all.

2018-06-06 16.58.21.jpg

Ooh the pretty Jerusalem artichokes .... Image

And it may still go up ... and in the end it will make pretty flowers

But at least you will not have lost everything and you will be able to eat them ... :!: :!: :!: like us.

Thank you nico239, I thought and hoped Jerusalem artichokes but without conviction, having never seen it except in photos and most often in flowers :D :D
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 12/06/18, 22:27

No problem ...

At the moment we also have some ....

I say for the moment because we have some

Until the day when we will have .... TOO much .... because beware it proliferates.

Beside the bamboos are little players Image
0 x