Why 1 billion people hungry? No problem!

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 08/11/11, 11:47

macro hello
Vegetarian extremism is just as stupid bullshit as overconsumption.

Interesting: after sect, it is extremist bullshit.
Can we say anti-nuclear that they are extremists because they are against nuclear? Or what is non-extremist nuclear? Only half of the current plants?
A choice is by definition extremist otherwise it is no longer a choice, but opportunism: "suddenly I see you; suddenly I don't see you"
Less cancer..My C ... I knew several (3) hard vegetarians who were my age..Death cancer ... Long before me who is slightly overweight and not too athletic ... Omnivore.
You hold more or less the same language as many VG "just remove the meat and that's enough"No that's not enough, it's no longer being VG (which implies a philosophy of life that goes beyond just not eating meat) therefore, it is quite possible to meet this kind of VG with cancer I would go so far as to say that it is even almost logical.
Your point of view is like considering that under the pretext that we use electricity is that we are FOR nuclear power or if we drive in a motor vehicle (and all other thermal), c is that we are FOR fossil fuels.
Now make a ratio between the number of Vg deaths of cancer in the "VG" and the number of morbid cancers in the "omnis" and we will talk about it again.
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 08/11/11, 12:04

My point of view is a point of view moderated by obligation ... If I no longer want to consume nuclear I have no other choice at the moment at the moment than to consume 80% of electricity less ... I can not allow myself in the current situation to do without the nuclear personally. Especially with an electric car in project ... You have to be lucid ...

On the other hand I am by the genes of my ancestors an omnivore ... so why not eat everything without excess ...

Ecology with blinders is the same bullshit as an extreme religion.
In my humble opinion ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 08/11/11, 13:04

macro
On the other hand I am by the genes of my ancestors an omnivore ... so why not eat everything without excess ...
if your ancestors were bears, maybe! Otherwise it is necessary to study the comparative physiologies rather than only cultural adaptations; this is the generally committed error (but it is normal that is what is learned from primary school). You were born in India in a VG community, you would probably also evoke your genes which would be just as difficult to demonstrate. (I have never read anywhere that there are omnivorous genes in humans elsewhere!)
As far as the notion of extreme is concerned, this is always only the result of a comparison. A marathon runner is always extreme compared to the Sunday morning jogger: so you no longer need a marathon runner or other top athletes? similarly the Sunday morning jogger is another form of extreme for the marathon runner (as for politics which goes from one extreme to the other).
To say that others are bullshit is to pose as a reference: is this the case?
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 08/11/11, 13:27

Janic wrote:As far as the notion of extreme is concerned, this is always only the result of a comparison. A marathon runner is always extreme compared to the Sunday morning jogger: so you no longer need a marathon runner or other top athletes? similarly the Sunday morning jogger is another form of extreme for the marathon runner (as for politics which goes from one extreme to the other).

You do well to talk about running, because at the last New York Marathon, of the first 12 to arrive, half were vegetarians.

Everyone advocates for his parish in terms of food, the fact remains that man has the faculty of food adaptation which has allowed him to populate all the planet.
Afterwards, depending on the geographic location and cultural choices, food can go from one extreme to the other.
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 08/11/11, 14:10

What is a marathon runner? It is anti-ecological to run for nothing ... whether with or without meat on the menu ...

Roughly your 6 marathoners to run their 42 km of glory they ate the ration of seeds of 3 months of 6 Cretans who work ...

energy and food saved: It's the one we don't consume ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 08/11/11, 14:20

Macro wrote:What is a marathon runner? It is anti-ecological to run for nothing ... whether with or without meat on the menu ...

Roughly your 6 marathoners to run their 42 km of glory they ate the ration of seeds of 3 months of 6 Cretans who work ...

energy and food saved: It's the one we don't consume ...

I did not know that it was necessary to be useful for something on this planet! : Lol:
If you could tell me that, I would be very grateful to you, all philosophers have been breaking their teeth on this subject for centuries!
In addition you are fundamentally mistaken about the energy consumption of an athlete!
I can guarantee you that most marathon runners certainly eat less than you do for their physical exertion!
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 08/11/11, 14:33

: Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy: You also count their intensive training throughout the year ... A guy who runs 42 km needs water and calories ... If he stayed quiet at home snacking on his dandelion salad he would need 40 at 50 times less..I'm not a phylosopher for two sous ... Running for quedalle is a great energy waste specific to our consumption and waste society ...

Running after a sheep last Saturday for the quiet butcher's throat slaughter on Sunday with the family. Here's a good reason to waste a few calories.

: Cheesy:
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 08/11/11, 14:53

Macro wrote:: Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy: You also count their intensive training throughout the year ... A guy who runs 42 km needs water and calories.
: Cheesy:

Like all human beings!
The typical marathon runner, generally has a slender physique (there is only to see the Kenyans!) And eats in proportion to that ... so no more than a lot of French!

Running for quedalle is a great energy waste specific to our society of consumption and waste ...

Running has been practiced since time immemorial, and not necessarily for a particular purpose!
For energy waste, worry more about the overuse of the automobile, planned obsolescence, intensive breeding etc ...
In addition, running causes with 20 min of effort the triggering of endorphin which is the best antidepressants that you (because natural), and prevents cardiovascular risks, if this sport was practiced by everyone, the savings achieved in terms of health, would be gigantic!
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 08/11/11, 15:37

The satiety that causes a half rib of beef with a good big dessert behind decement washed down with one or two glasses of pinard ... Causes you a well being that makes you no longer need endomorphine or anti depressant ... : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

Seriously the solution to eat seeds and run like a deraté all day is nothing more or less ecological than eating like an amerloc ...

Just the import of sneakers that the deraté in question shoots every year ... You have the carbon footprint of a dacia ...

There is not one, but solutions which consists in moderation and decrease in the number of inhabitants on the planet ... We are far too ...
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 08/11/11, 15:50

My personalized assessment:
You are a 40-year-old man of 175 cm for 75 kg. You are of medium stature and your physical activity is light.

Your Rest Energy Expense or DER is 1720 Cal / day.

Your Daily Energy Expenditure or DEJ is 2408 Cal / day on average, which corresponds to your daily needs in calories necessary to maintain your current weight under the conditions of activity indicated.

That of a slender sportsman

You are a 40-year-old man, 175 cm tall for 65 kg. You are of slim build and your physical activity is intense.

Your Rest Energy Expense or DER is 1539 Cal / day.

Your Daily Energy Expenditure or DEJ is 3078 Cal / day on average, which corresponds to your daily needs in calories necessary to maintain your current weight under the conditions of activity indicated.

670 Cal more per day ... In food ...

Come on, I will do it again by putting myself in mode I collapse in my hammock ...

You are a 40 year old man of 175 cm for 75 kg. You are of medium stature and your physical activity is very reduced.

Your Rest Energy Expense or DER is 1720 Cal / day.

Your Daily Energy Expenditure or DEJ is 2064 Cal / day on average, which corresponds to your daily needs in calories necessary to maintain your current weight under the conditions of activity indicated.

1000Cal / day less..Without using basketball : Cheesy:

Two guys like me in their hammock allow us to feed a third ...

http://www.i-dietetique.com/?action=cal ... caloriques

In short, by preventing two billion joggers from running all day long, we feed one billion people

When in addition we know that out of these two billion joggers ... 1 or 2% jog with their dog ...

Eating your dog is an idea that thrills Europe! Why such a provocative title? Because the authors calculated and compared the ecological footprint of our pets to that of other lifestyle choices, and they believe that this footprint is so large that if we really want a pet, we should choose one that has a duplicate… An animal that could be eaten for example. This is obviously what makes those who think that the dog is a man's best friend jump!

How did the Vale couple measure the ecological impact of our furry, paws and fins friends? By analyzing the ingredients of the most famous brands of pet food. For example, they estimated that a medium-sized dog consumes 90 grams of meat and 156 grams of grain per day in its recommended ration of 300 grams of dehydrated dog food. However, before drying, this amount is equivalent to 450 grams of fresh meat and 260 grams of cereals. Over a year, our sweet doggie therefore eats around 164 kilograms of meat and 95 kilograms of cereal. Robert and Brenda Vale then calculated that it takes 43,3 square meters of land to produce 1 kilogram of chicken per year and 13,4 square meters to produce one kilogram of grain. In the end, they assess the ecological footprint of this dog at 0,84 hectares. And this impact is even greater if the food is made from beef or lamb, or if it is a large dog: for a German shepherd, the estimated impact is more than one hectare.

Is it really more than the consumption and manufacture of a large 4X4 vehicle? According to the authors, yes. They compared the ecological footprint of a medium-sized dog with that of a Toyota Land Cruiser with a 4,6-liter engine that would travel 10,000 kilometers per year. Their calculations include the consumption of the vehicle and the energy required to build and refuel it, or 55,1 gigajoules. Since one hectare of land can produce approximately 135 gigajoules of energy per year, the ecological impact of the vehicle would be around 0,41 hectares - less than half that of a medium-sized dog!
0 x

Back to "Agriculture: problems and pollution, new techniques and solutions"