Argentine beef vs. intensive beef?

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
dreamer
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Argentine beef vs. intensive beef?

by dreamer » 06/08/11, 13:16

Hello Hello :)

Following a debate with a friend, I wondered if there were studies (only one would already be enough: p) which would have compared the difference in energy requirement between Argentinian beef and beef from intensive breeding with us?

Because I remember a study that had shown that sheep from New Zealand, raised outdoors, even with the cost of travel, returned less CO2 emissions than a sheep from German intensive breeding (which included pesticides for food, transportation, etc.)

Do you think it could be the same for the beouf?
Anyway, even eating red meat (something we should already avoid) that tastes, there is Irish beef which comes from much less far ^^

Thank you,
Dreamer
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 06/08/11, 15:32

hello dreamer
Failing to have a comparison between Argentine beef and beef from industrial breeding, here is a site on the impact of livestock on the environment. http://www.viande.info/
0 x
dreamer
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by dreamer » 06/08/11, 15:36

Thank you this is already a good start
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 08/08/11, 09:12

Hello,
What surprises me each time is the lack of links between vegetarianism and ecology, both are generally (but not all, 9 responses to the internal survey on the proposed film) obsessed with their part and gives it greater importance than the other. As if ecology consisted in reducing or avoiding industrial pollution, but being reluctant to pay attention to internal pollution as much as to ethics; and on the other of the VG who see only the massacre of millions of animals unnecessarily, but little sensitive to the industrial pollution of these same animals that they defend as if there was an insurmountable barrier between each.
Certainly we cannot be on all fronts at the same time, but the survival of humanity is not only linked to global warming or nuclear risks, but much more daily linked to the hundreds of thousands of deaths each year in France because, and while, the love of "good food" (generally the jug) kills more than the disasters of Chernobyl and Fukushima combined.
0 x

Back to "Agriculture: problems and pollution, new techniques and solutions"