Canopy?

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The tarpaulin?

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 25/07/17, 19:08

It will be interesting to see the results at all levels ...
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 25/07/17, 19:42

olivier75 wrote:Hello,
At the end of next winter I would like to try to cover part of the flower bed to sow during my previous visit, ie 3 weeks.
A part with a tarpaulin,

If I remember correctly (but I do not have the book on hand, or perhaps it is in a video), tarpaulin a few weeks at the end of winter before sowing or planting is a technique used by JM Fortier to warm the soil and cause emergence and immediate destruction by lack of light of the weed seeds present on the surface.
0 x
olivier75
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by olivier75 » 26/07/17, 07:19

It was simple.
JM Fortier also covers between two crops a few weeks to destroy what is in place and make a false semi.
Olivier
0 x
Stef72
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Stef72 » 26/07/17, 10:10

I followed an MSV training a little while ago, and on the tarpaulin, the explanation was as follows:
- to "kill" a meadow, you need 6 months of tarpaulin, and we remove the winter months (December, January, February) which do not count.
It is preferable that there is a little humidity before covering, otherwise it is too dry and works less well.
0 x
olivier75
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by olivier75 » 26/07/17, 10:28

Steph72,

Yes, for the first year, with perennials, in "maintenance" it can be much shorter.
In living soil, tarpaulin remains applied by default, as a crutch while waiting to be more efficient, or to recover faster. Those who use it more take less destructive woven tarps, or not depending on the biomass reserve and the duration?
I recall JM Fortier in a youtube video, where he says that the French he met get stuck with dogmas, and thus lose the opportunity to move forward.
I think that at our level of production we can do very well.
I am amazed by the testimony of a friend who planted potatoes this year on the site of a waterproof tarp laid for 4 years, and for the moment with very beautiful plants.

Olivier.
0 x

Back to "Agriculture: problems and pollution, new techniques and solutions"