Brand new on the forum but less to cultivate using hay

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
lazzaret

Re: All new on the forum but less to cultivate using hay

by lazzaret » 08/09/17, 11:12

Did67 wrote:
sicetaitsimple wrote:It would still be better if you showed us pictures of yours rather than those of your neighbor, right? Anyway it's just my opinion.....

Or more frank to tell us straight away that it's the photos of the neighbor's tomatoes ...

no, the dishonesty would have been to say that it was mine and to make sure that the photo did not show the soil worked. What I neither claimed nor did. Besides, when I presented the different situations, I made it clear that it was at the neighbor's house.
0 x
lazzaret

by lazzaret » 08/09/17, 11:13

Did67 wrote:
lazzaret wrote:altogether, sprinkles it regularly and happens to have monstrously large specimens.

Fertilization ????

he mixed compost with the soil a few days before transplanting the plants.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 08/09/17, 12:09

lazzaret wrote:
no, the dishonesty would have been to say that it was mine and to make sure that the photo did not show the soil worked. What I neither claimed nor did. Besides, when I presented the different situations, I made it clear that it was at the neighbor's house.

Quite frankly, before reading the simple post, I thought ... I hadn't paid attention to the bare ground ...

I'm not talking about dishonesty - I'm saying it would have been more blunt. There is a little nuance. And I'm not saying that you did it knowingly.

I said that the reader that I am was going to be fooled. Yes, I thought it was yours (although compared to the previous pictures I was surprised). The "comment" is most laconic:

[here are two tomatoes, not yet ripe, which will compete in the heavyweight category.

sight of arms (weighed) and eye, we are around a kilo the tomato ...]

But you're right, in your detail on the 6 (or 7?) Situations, it was clear that the first was with the neighbors ... So I could, indeed, have thought about it.

Come on, I'm going to go all the way and I won't talk about it any more: food manufacturers too, in the list of ingredients, provide the information that allows you to know. Basically, on the front, it is marked "Goat" - when there is only 3% goat milk (it is marked on the back, smaller). Your argument is somewhat in the same vein. I could know, indeed. Rather, deduce.
0 x
lazzaret

by lazzaret » 08/09/17, 12:18

I asked the neighbor, he leaves me one of the two, I will make the seed with it for those who asked me
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 08/09/17, 14:11

For forumeurs who pass by there: without being obsessed in anything by the race for the biggest, I obtain very good results without composting, without working the ground at all (not even the grelinette), without fertilizer, without any treatment (even liquid manure, or decoctions or preparations). So that they do not believe that it is reserved for conventional or "organic" classic market gardeners, with a lot of work.

DSC_0441.JPG

DSC_0442.JPG

DSC_0444.JPG

Or this beef heart:

DSC_0447.JPG

Some general views on the feet:

DSC_0443.JPG

DSC_0445.JPG

DSC_0449.JPG

DSC_0452.JPG

All photos taken at my house, this day, around noon.

This is why I say that in my objectives, there is "to obtain a productivity equivalent to those of conventional or" organic "traditional market gardeners. Otherwise, I find that an alternative way of doing things is not very credible. I find it unfortunate that in reaction to productivist agriculture (with pesticides, fertilizers, machines, oil), it is common to think that productivity should be abandoned. What offers a boulevard to those who are not convinced! It is throwing out the (clean) baby with the (dirty) bath water. I clearly aim to achieve equivalent productivity with "natural resources" and without heavy work.

That's my opinion.

Others are more contemplative. Individually, it is respectable. Collectively, that still raises the question: and how do we feed each other?

It reminds me of the attitude of certain marginalized people (I'm not talking about "homeless"), who "refuse" society and its compromises. But live on various allowances, do not hesitate to resort to CMU (universal health coverage) when they are sick - in short, take but do not contribute.

PS: 3 full crates offered yesterday to my wife's colleagues; 1 today, to an ex-colleague ...
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 08/09/17, 19:15

Did67 wrote:
This is why I say that in my objectives, there is "to obtain a productivity equivalent to those of conventional or" organic "traditional market gardeners. Otherwise, I find that an alternative way of doing things is not very credible. I find it unfortunate that in reaction to productivist agriculture (with pesticides, fertilizers, machines, oil), it is common to think that productivity should be abandoned. What offers a boulevard to those who are not convinced!

Without wanting to "fayot", I am on the same line, even if I do not always succeed in terms of results, but I clearly think that it is often due to beginner's or near-beginner's technical errors.

If I had to set myself not an objective, but an ambition, it would be that "my neighbor" (the real one, Mr Round-up) who passes twice a day in front of my vegetable garden to go out and bring in his chickens, put himself on a day spreading hay or more generally biomass on his vegetable garden without me having anything to say to him. Well, it's not won!
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 08/09/17, 19:23

Did67 wrote:Basically, on the front, it is marked "Goat" - when there is only 3% goat milk (it is marked on the back, smaller).

We saw the same subject Image
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 08/09/17, 19:27

My faith regarding the size of the tomatoes is not above all a question of variety ??? Image

This is really something I don't care about

We have small medium and large and ugly but what matters is the taste right?
In any case, this is our research ...

But we also have big ones ... I will post them in the ad hoc subject
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 08/09/17, 19:55

sicetaitsimple wrote:
If I had to set myself not an objective, but an ambition, it would be that "my neighbor" (the real one, Mr Round-up) who passes twice a day in front of my vegetable garden to go out and bring in his chickens, put himself on a day spreading hay or more generally biomass on his vegetable garden without me having anything to say to him. Well, it's not won!

That's right: I don't see myself going to give lectures, videos, with "laughable" results ... My ambition, since you use this term and it is not open to criticism, in fact, is to convince the "conventional gardeners", those who obtain a "good production" ("big" therefore) with very questionable means, to obtain them with reasonable means, 100% natural.

My ambition is not to convince a few dreamers, butterfly hunters ... who want to run after 3 tomatoes. They are old enough to do it on their own. And there is no shortage of "advisers". I am absolutely not interested in that. It will die out as quickly as the fashion that saw the birth of these movements. Even if dreamers in teepees, there will always be ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 08/09/17, 19:57

nico239 wrote:
My faith regarding the size of the tomatoes is not above all a question of variety ???

Yes Yes. It is, with me, a variety. Who I blame for being late. This year, she gives. Last year, I don't know if I have one. Yes, some half damaged. I was able to eat the rest.
0 x