Eat 5 pesticides and fungicides a day!

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Did67

by Did67 » 21/07/13, 18:01

Janic wrote:
You're natural is not synonymous with harmlessness, hence the scientific form of organic farming which does not seek to replace toxic synthetic products by toxic products (for the human) natural ..

Certainly !

but:

a) have you noticed that there is like an omerta, like a dogma, which wants that "it is healthy since it is" organic "...

Who has ever seen or read a study on the dangerousness of this or that natural "molecule" ???

Pyrethrum extract? Rotenone ??

b) In any case, there is no one to conduct such studies! No interest for large groups ... And few resources for public research!

So we "admit". Without any "proof" ...

b) I have experienced on myself the effects of a "natural" anti-cholesterol, red yeast rice (we talk about it on a lot of websites).

After a heart attack, I have a goal of very very low cholesterol level.

I was taking a "chemical" drug, a statin, with side effects on the liver. Gamma-GT are exploding. Alcoholic liver. Follow-up in hepato, my wife must testify because the doctor did not believe me when I told her that I did not drink!

Drug discontinuation, against medical advice. The liver recovers quite well but the cholesterol goes up too.

An "alternative" doctor recommends red yeast rice (sold without a prescription on the internet as a "food supplement!).

3 months later: control. Reboot my alcoholic liver. But the cholesterol is good.

I say to myself: coincidence?

Without saying anything to any of my doctors, I stop the yeast treatment. The liver recovers, the cholesterol rises.

Coincidence ??

Without always saying anything, I resume the yeast treatment.

Rebelotte: increasing gammaGT, lowering cholesterol.

Twice in a row, I consider it no longer a coincidence.

On a Canadian site, I ended up finding a warning and the results of a study which showed that red yeast rice contains a statin, in every way comparable to the active principle of my medicine. Same "molecules", same effects ...

One is over the counter! The other is a strictly prescription drug!

I therefore testify on the basis of this experience that the belief, "it is natural, therefore it cannot harm!" is nonsense. And yet it is a founding dogma of "organic". And a strong belief.

Hence my sensitivity to emphasize this point.

[but consume "organic"; simply, do not be naive! There are also limits ...]
0 x
roy1361

by roy1361 » 21/07/13, 19:03

And to "stick" to the title of this discussion, a very sad news: http://www.lefigaro.fr/flash-actu/2013/ ... xiques.php
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 21/07/13, 19:23

did67 wrote:So I testify on the basis of this experience that the belief, "It is natural, therefore it cannot harm!" is nonsense. And yet it is a founding dogma of "organic". And a strong belief.
I do not take all the points, but tell yourself that if it is natural, it can not hurt, it is a boat formula which is presented as an opposition to the chemical. It is like comparing nuclear and hydraulic, and even thermal, electricity. It would be naive to believe that nuclear power is harmless, but even that hydraulics is harmless either. It is therefore a question of the relationship between each.
However, the "natural" has centuries of experience which have shown its effectiveness in contrast to the synthetic systems which give the appearance of short-term effectiveness and show their damage in the long term. So we can rather say that "natural" presents fewer ecological and therefore health risks than synthetic products.
Otherwise this confusion between natural and organic does not help to see clearly (for those who REALLY are interested in the subject)
b) I have experienced on myself the effects of a "natural" anti-cholesterol, red yeast rice (we talk about it on a lot of websites).

Although avoiding tackling such sensitive matters on a personal level, I disapprove of these alternative "natural medicines" because they often (not always) present themselves as a plaster on a wooden leg considering that it is such a product that is the bad guy and that you need an anti product (deformation linked to the current medical vision which sees only enemies to be killed) while it is a holistic vision that you must have and seek to rectify hygienic errors general whose high rates are only effects.
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 22/07/13, 20:41

Hello

Some photos taken this morning in my garden
for the apple tree I am not sure that there will remain an apple to eat the remainder tomato cucumber pepper aubergine that goes well, no parasites, but I wonder how the large crops make to have organic apples without treatment ?? I haven't had a single apple without vermin for many years.

I watered the apple trees with fungisite only once.

I wonder how green gardeners do with apple and pear trees?
For tomatoes onions, cucumbers, eggplant, it grows very well, without attack of disease or insects why just apples?

The easy-to-grow salad just sprinkle it in the heat

This morning on the runway 3 planes in operation (there must be a reason for the growers to use this process for several days that they are at work

0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 22/07/13, 20:58

andré hello
it is possible that the variety of apples does not correspond to the type of soil which is yours! Contact an association of organic farmers who may find an answer to your problem.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 23/07/13, 10:57

1) The producers of "organic" apples treat, of course! With "organic" approved products ...

[again, that was the topic a little earlier, "organic" doesn't mean no treatment at all! This does not even mean without "dangerous" treatment. It just means "without treatment with pesticides of synthesis"]

2) Among these products, some are well known and old (like copper sulphate) or suffers; others from recent research are "amazing".

On the "organic" hops that I mentioned, we use for example "baking soda" (very effective against powdery mildew), an extract of algae or even casein powder ("whey", which prevents mildew spores from clinging!) ...

There is also an orange peel extract ...

And a panel of "natural defense boosters" (eg very finely ground volcanic rock). Etc ...

3) The stains on the apples are scab.

I admit that I do not know the natural treatment. I had read an arboreal review on this subject, but I did not retain ... This fungus stays on your trees from one year to another ...

So yes, one solution is resistant varieties.

An internet search should give you some leads ...

4) "Some" loss of fruit before maturity is normal. Especially if it's very cold, very dry ... The tree "sheds" itself being unable to "feed" all the fruits. It is usually the warty fruits that fall ...

5) On annual crops, with a little care, with rotations, it is much simpler to obtain production without any treatment! On perennial crops, on the other hand, diseases and parasites settle, generally have survival forms (all the bark, in the soil, on fallen leaves, etc.) and re-appear as if by magic the following year ... Without struggle (chemical, natural, auxiliary), you have to live with it!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 23/07/13, 11:48

On scab and fight against, I recommend you browse this:

http://www.fruitsbiopartage.net/dokuwik ... d=tavelure

I find there Mycosin or potassium bicarbonate of which I spoke ... or SDN (stimulators of natural defenses).
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/08/13, 14:29

Strawberry (Spanish) VS ORGANIC Strawberry:

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/09/13, 09:01

An extract from the NouvelObs article entirely in the subject:

0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 03/09/13, 09:33

once again the same confusion between the product and its farming method! The fruit and vegetable fruits which are our specific foods are not only used to prevent or fight against cancer, because there are many other possible pathologies, and each food plays a specific protective or curative role. Now is it better to consume plants with pesticides or meat with GMOs, vaccines, antibiotics and other pesticides ingested by animal feed? The first solution is still the least bad and eat organic and vg the best!
0 x

Back to "Agriculture: problems and pollution, new techniques and solutions"