Weave the bottles?

Environmental impact of end of life products: plastics, chemicals, vehicles, agri-food marketing. direct recycling and recycling (upcycling or upcycling) and reuse of good items for the trash!
le_courtois
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Weave the bottles?

by le_courtois » 18/01/08, 13:06

Hello everyone.

My son's school project is very much based on recycling, ecology, ... Workshops have been set up and it must be said that they are doing quite well.
I would like to bring a concrete workshop, namely the weaving of polar scarf. Despite all my research, I technically have little information for a large (too) dose of extrapolation. This is why I ask you to orient me, inform me to the best of your knowledge please.

Extrapolations: There are not 36 thousand ways to weave: vertical (weave) and horizontal crossed threads, ... brief standard weaving technique. At first glance, it is certainly a canvas weaving: one above one below, ...
The weaving formed is then "brushed" so as to "felt" the whole. In short, I think it is the classic technique for making "felted" woolen cloth.

To create the wire: we grind, we heat (to liquefy), we pass through a sieve and we wind.

The unknowns: The necessary heat (there, I may have missed the info) but above all, are there harmful vapors and / or precautions to take ...

Am I on the right track ?. The information gleaned from the net does not go into details and for the moment, I have not dared to write to a sweater manufacturer to ask for its know-how. It is clear that the goal is not to make lace, but to offer a concrete and educational experience. For example: yes you can also make your clothes, ...

I await your suggestions before going into experimentation mode. In fact, it is above all, you will have understood the harmful side that worries me.

Thank you all in advance.
Gilles
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 18/01/08, 13:44

it is no longer a school problem for your son: it is a problem of safeguarding know-how: there is no longer a weaving factory in France

when we look for information on recycling pet we only find information on collection and sorting: the rest happens in other countries

how to find those who know: are they all unemployed and without internet?
0 x
le_courtois
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by le_courtois » 18/01/08, 13:54

Well info on weaving itself, you find, but more in the craft and / or the historical reconstruction, ...
I believe that there is still weaving in France and even high technique. It is also true that to find people who weave, it is the cross and the banner. I, who must see before doing anything manual, I am not spoiled.
But in our case, it is indeed in the middle of the transformation that it is limited in info or, well hidden.
A+
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 18/01/08, 14:18

there was not far from my house a factory which made polar fabrics so well in fart: no way to know how it works, and now that the factory is closed it does not facilitate

workers can work 10 years on a machine without knowing how it works

so to have applications when the factory no longer exists hello!

hope someone knows what to read to you
0 x

Back to "waste, recycling and reuse of old objects"