Louis Pion original watch

Environmental impact of end of life products: plastics, chemicals, vehicles, agri-food marketing. direct recycling and recycling (upcycling or upcycling) and reuse of good items for the trash!
Johndalar
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Louis Pion original watch

by Johndalar » 15/11/14, 17:59

This is a testimony.

Flee Louis Pion watches.

Indeed, Louis Pion announces on his site

"Revision, repair, battery or strap change, water resistance check, we know the right things to do to ensure a long life for your watch."

The long life of a Louis Pion watch is actually reduced to less than 4 years.

As far as I am concerned, I asked my expenses and the LP Service to replace the broken glass of a watch bought at the end of 2010 and worth 130EURO.
Answer by Louis Pion: we have no more replacement glass; we are therefore in the middle of the consumer society of the type we buy and throw.

I am therefore obliged to buy another watch that will not, of course, be an LP.
Buy a brand watch instead. These brands offer watches at comparable prices but with a stock of spare parts to announce a real long life to your watch.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 15/11/14, 18:27

Would not it be wiser to flee all watches, as they are all the clocks of our lives? :frown:
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by 1360 » 15/11/14, 19:47

Hello,

Louis Pion is not watches, that's for sure! (In fact, for an enthusiast, quartz watches are worse than anything.) A real watch is necessarily mechanical, whether manual winding or automatic)

It's fashionable daube, like Fossil or the like, Chinese stuff that is sold for a short time, in a fleeting fashion.

I'm a watch fanatic, I have two or three "real watches", but it is clear that it is not the same price ...

Here are two or three:

On the right, my current Tag Heuer Carrera Day & Date chronograph, and on the left, the one I just ordered: An Omega Ploprof.

Here, my "old" Oris Big Crown Regulator, I really like this watch because it was my first purchase "with the heart".

I still have others (Rado Original, and pocket watches, but I do not have photos on hand ...)

In short, good luck for the future, and do not hesitate to ask questions about forums specialized (like FAM, for example).

Edit: Here is a picture where there is the Rado, in the millieux:

Re-edit: I found photos of one of my pocket watch:

Very rare, with a movement made at the time by Longines.

A+
0 x