Waste: leave your packaging to supermarkets!

Environmental impact of end of life products: plastics, chemicals, vehicles, agri-food marketing. direct recycling and recycling (upcycling or upcycling) and reuse of good items for the trash!
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 05/09/11, 13:18

... it's still too limited and too kind for industrialists.
Waste is like cars, they may be more and more energy efficient (thinner therefore less oil), but there is more and more!
There has never been so many mini doses.
In addition I am not at all sure that the delivery trucks leave with store waste.
This is not part of the contracts, generally it is a specialized company (in France it is often Suez or Véolia ...) which takes care of it, so there is simply a feather duster effect.

Real measures would consist in the outright elimination of waste in most cases (customers would come for example with their glass bottles, and "use the pump" to fill up with milk, water, apple juice etc. ...).
For other foodstuffs requiring packaging, this would require the use of 100% biodegradable bio plastic that could be used for compost.

The waste business is very juicy, almost 5,4 billion per year, it is a sector that is doing very well, this certainly explains the inactivity of our legislators ... : Twisted:
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Flytox

by Flytox » 05/09/11, 20:50

I don't understand what you are saying, removing the packaging before arriving at home means accepting that everything gets mixed up and gets damaged in the shopping bag : Shock: : Mrgreen: What interest ????????

The packaging for which a solution must be found is the one that remains when everything has been stored at home, in the fridge, shelf, laundry room, etc.

It is this packaging there, that we can put back in his bag and amortize the return trip by going to empty it in a place suitable for the local Supermercado, if they wanted to create it.
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 05/09/11, 21:13

Quite the opinion of sen-no-sen, less packaging is needed.
But for that you have to educate the consumer and make him a little less lazy.
Look in a store for the product in disposable bottles when empty.
Look at the prepared dishes which often make one think of macdo. There is more waste than food.
Regarding the law, there should be one that taxes a max the prospectuses in the mailboxes.
If there is indeed something useless that is it. And do not object that it gives a job. If you have to pay people as much to clean up nature.
About half of the packaging plastic (in the world) ends up in the oceans
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 05/09/11, 22:53

+1 for the tax on pubs in BAL. there is one but it is ridiculous
it makes me a full 200L trash every 3 weeks.

Returnable bottled water has a whole location on the shelf, which shows that people don't want it. Yet it is cheaper.

When I get home my shopping, I have no excess packaging left, I wonder where you are going to buy?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/09/11, 09:32

Well, bottled water shouldn't exist at all ... except when you go on a picnic ... : Cheesy:

Systematically drinking bottled water when you are at home is bullshit (all tap water is drinkable in France ... if too much chlorine is enough to let it sit overnight)! In addition it is bad for health if you do not alternate its waters and if you drink only mineral water which will saturate your organisms with minerals!

Speaking of tax: the government is looking for products to tax now, so it may be a chance for econology: why not tax the most anti-econological products? Starting with bottled water like ...

I made it a subject like: https://www.econologie.com/forums/crise-des- ... 11100.html
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 06/09/11, 10:00

Set up an efficient packaging waste collection ... You want to laugh ... It would be the end of boxes like veolia, sita, coved and other which are only companies kept not big friends of our decision makers ...

Become aware of one thing ....

Our trash cans are worth gold ... And that's why they are waging a bitter war so that we put them at their disposal as much as possible. Household junk is a product that you are made to pay a good deal of times and all the profits of which inevitably go back into the same pockets ...

And even when we drastically reduce the volume and tonnage of our waste by selective sorting and payment in the bin removed .. Quite oddly the bill still increases while recovery is easier and more lucrative than ever (metals and plastic waste in others have become sought after commodities) ....

They no longer have my scrap metal, my cardboard boxes, my papers, my compostable waste, my fats, for years, and I hope to deprive them of my plastics as quickly as possible by carbonating them ... There's no reason to give them by paying in addition such an abundant source of energy.

to your Gazogenes ladies and gentlemen
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/09/11, 10:09

Macro wrote:And even when we drastically reduce the volume and tonnage of our waste by selective sorting and payment in the bin removed .. Quite oddly the bill still increases while recovery is easier and more lucrative than ever (metals and plastic waste in others have become sought after commodities) ....

Absolutely right ! They're making fun of us...

Concrete example with us recently: an article in the municipal bulletin congratulated the citizens for the reduction of the tonnage of waste in the municipality and the selective sorting well done ...

I did not understand or like the increase (7%) in the bill for collecting non-sortable waste that followed!

Personally, as I sort conscientiously, I have little volume and collection. I still pay the minimum "package" of 160 € for collection for a dozen or so 300L trash emptying per year !! Emptying is expensive ... The bins are systematically weighed, I would like to know my figures ...

Water in Wallonia (Société Wallone des Eaux) also took 10% between 2010 and 2011, it's huge but who talked about it?
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 06/09/11, 10:26

Christophe wrote:
Absolutely right ! They're making fun of us...

Concrete example with us recently: an article in the municipal bulletin congratulated the citizens for the reduction of the tonnage of waste in the municipality and the selective sorting well done ...

I did not understand or like the increase (7%) in the bill for collecting non-sortable waste that followed!

7% is tender yours .... I am going from € 160 / year before selective sorting and billing for collection: to € 307 a year currently twice € 65 for a fixed portion and 25 increases to € 7 50 (I count one week out of two but lately I am rather one in three see 4 when I take out the trash it could feed all the rays of decathlon fishing in maggots) This is how we reward the pioneers of selective sorting by my home. .I can guarantee you that on Saturdays and Sundays the atmosphere quickly becomes quite saturated with all kinds of more or less toxic fumes due to wild burning ...

The fleet I have decreased in consumption (minus 30 to 40m3 this year with my rain recovery connected to the whole house : Shock: ) On the other hand, this one is hardly drinkable (it tastes like duck fed up : Mrgreen: that I'm the only one to drink in my morning tea)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/09/11, 10:29

Well yes it's expensive increase in your case! It is shameful !! It's anti-econological! But what are you doing exactly?

Because I do not think it is as advanced as with us if? The best that I saw in France was paper-cardboard and plastics (in the same bag, therefore re-sorted ... live subsidized shit jobs). Nothing for metals for example (except recycling center for large bulky metals). Nothing for plastics of different types (which cannot be recycled together) ...

See this mini report:
https://www.econologie.com/le-tri-select ... -3212.html
https://www.econologie.com/le-tri-select ... -3213.html

In my plan I believe that it is 24 removals which are included and a flat rate per kg (after that is invoiced by weight and removal) ... I think that billing for removal is better because it raises awareness better (and in my case would surely come back to me cheaper).

I had scanned the report, well done, of the town: waste-and-recycling / harvest-and-a-ton-of-oil-vegetable-USAGEE-321-euros-t7702.html (end of 1st message)

We just received the recent one, I'm going to put it on a subject ... it will allow us to compare a little!
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 06/09/11, 10:42

I find this legislation dictated by ultras frankly unsuitable and harmful.

Get rid of which packaging?

For many articles, for example electronics, it is in any case preferable to keep the packaging in the event of a return under warranty. (with photocopy of the receipt so that it does not fade)

For liquids, ultras can choose returnable glass bottles
Most Belgian supermarkets have chosen to do away with disposable polyethylene bags
For vegetables, the customer himself packs the desired quantity and prints the label: we are not going to throw his green beans in bulk in his basket.
For the rest, for example Belgian beers in small bottles, the bottles are consigned and the box which groups them by 4 is picked up by selective collection.
Same thing for milk cartons / fruit juices, cans, cans

In the leader price where I go, there is a checkout room where you can collect the boxes to take your purchases.

As for water, I drink tap water.

In short, you leave me perplexed: do not forget that if you want attractive prices, it is in your interest that the distribution costs are low.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be