Selective sorting: evolution of the weight of the waste since 2004

Environmental impact of end of life products: plastics, chemicals, vehicles, agri-food marketing. direct recycling and recycling (upcycling or upcycling) and reuse of good items for the trash!
AIR
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by AIR » 04/02/09, 09:18

I was making an answer to someone above who said that by setting up a heavy waste collection, people would burn their waste at home, put it down at the neighbors.
I answer yes for six months ..
Because in the measure of the weighing of waste, there must be a policy of repression of burns and frankly walking his garbage in his car, we see that it does not last.
And when we realize that in fact we have done a good sorting and that the collection of household waste costs less and less, there is total adherence to the process.

Understand Senor?
8)
0 x
the men precede the forest, the deserts follow them "CHATEAUBRIANT
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 08/06/09, 09:53

Here, I have just received my "Household Garbage Fee 2009" and I am super happy Image

.... 157 €! Image
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/06/09, 10:01

Hey what are you complaining about? 157 euros is very little in France!

Generally it is closer to 300!

In Belgium we are at 140 (it is the minimum invoice with the system of weighing of garbage) there. And with sorting and our habits, we have to fill a trash can of about 120L per month ...

It's also expensive ...

Here are just a few "ecological" stats on our town: waste-and-recycling / harvest-and-a-ton-of-oil-vegetable-USAGEE-321-euros-t7702.html

0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 08/06/09, 21:54

Christophe wrote:Hey what are you complaining about? 157 euros is very little in France!
Well me it hurts me at Q! It means that my "bins" (ultimate waste) cost me around 40 € / kg !!!

Well, taking into account all my "production" (trash + sorting + compost), it drops to 1.5 € / kg of waste ...

Christophe wrote:Here are just a few "ecological" stats on our town: waste-and-recycling / harvest-and-a-ton-of-oil-vegetable-USAGEE-321-euros-t7702.html

Oauh nice these stats!

Your municipality is making great efforts to sort the fermentable, it's good, however I'm quite frightened by the total annual weight, it's huge!

There is a big job to do on the "direct recycling" of organic materials in the garden: this is what we do here at home in the promotion of home composting.
0 x
Pear Belle Helene
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Pear Belle Helene » 10/06/09, 21:52

So in my little village for the moment we are still with the system of the tax on our housing tax.

We have a pickup per week and for sorting we must bring our own waste to the containers installed in the village (you are also happy when you arrive and they are full and therefore you leave with your waste) and we put our compost, vegetable sprouts, etc.

But so our old village (same department) they just moved to direct billing and there ouch ouille c'est douille : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

The principle is 140 euros per house then 35 euros per person. I understand that single people may be happy but large families (which yes I admit generates a lot more waste bcp) will pay a heavy bill. But it’s family doesn’t roll on gold.

I do not know what would be the ideal system but there I know some people who will still tighten their belts to pay this bill.
0 x
Pear Belle Helene
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 10/06/09, 23:46

Pear Belle Helene wrote:[...] I do not know what would be the ideal system but there I know qqs people who will still tighten their belts to pay this bill.
Payment by weight.

Otherwise, lobby your municipality to initiate collective actions (all citizens must do this) to reduce waste, of which composting is a part.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/06/09, 00:20

Woodcutter wrote:Well me it hurts me at Q! It means that my "bins" (ultimate waste) cost me around 40 € / kg !!!

Uh, do you only have 4 kg of ultimate waste per year? Shit! Do you ever eat yogurt?

We (2 people, 2 cats, 2 rabbits) we are in 1 120L trash every 5 to 6 weeks I think ... so, at the volume picked up, it's also expensive 140 euros ...

In comparison, 10 years ago, at my parents' home, with 6 people, there were 2 bins PER week before the start of sorting, of course, and the bill had to be similar ...)

Woodcutter wrote:Your municipality is making great efforts to sort the fermentable, it's good, however I'm quite frightened by the total annual weight, it's huge!

Yes but in it you have ALL the waste: including mowing (there are some, with a garden, do not compost at home !!) and the rubble (called inert) and some small companies deposit in the park ... therefore necessarily it goes up quickly!

Woodcutter wrote:There is a big job to do on the "direct recycling" of organic materials in the garden: this is what we do here at home in the promotion of home composting.

Yep, I never understood ... having a garden, mowing, filling your trailer with mowing, making 10 km (or more) to put down your lawn ...

Frankly, having a lawn and not having compost, you have to be a bit sado maso ... I bet they are the same people who boost their lawns with fertilizers ... pfff the idiots!
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 11/06/09, 09:58

Pear Belle Helene wrote:I do not know what would be the ideal system but there I know some people who will still tighten their belts to pay this bill.

Billing by weight, yes. Otherwise, I remember that in a commune where we lived, we had a small card that the employees of the container park stamped each time we put garbage in the park. At the end of the year, if there were a sufficient number of stamps, the card could be deposited at the municipality which calculated a discount on a pro rata basis. Depending on the case, it can be a more economical way to motivate people and allow them to reduce their bills, rather than investing in special trash cans etc.
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 14/06/09, 00:09

Pear Belle Helene wrote:[...] The principle is 140 euros per house then 35 euros per person. I understand that single people may be happy but large families (which yes I admit generates a lot more waste bcp) will pay a heavy bill. But it’s family doesn’t roll on gold.

I do not know what would be the ideal system but there I know some people who will still tighten their belts to pay this bill.
: Shock: : Shock: : Shock:

I come back to this ...

If you have to "tighten your belt" to pay an invoice of 140 more (for 4 people) 140 = 280 € annually (either less than one € per day) or we are really very low below the poverty line, or we manage our budget very badly, or we "whine" for nothing ... : roll:

Evening hangover, I'm fed up!
0 x
Pear Belle Helene
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Pear Belle Helene » 14/06/09, 09:44

We do not necessarily badly manage its budget Bucheron, when you have a large family (and I know qqs thing because I have 5 children from 24 to 3 years old) and well 140 euros is a week of food shopping and when you are a smic is huge.
0 x
Pear Belle Helene