Operating a straight tube with a ballast lampéco ..

Environmental impact of end of life products: plastics, chemicals, vehicles, agri-food marketing. direct recycling and recycling (upcycling or upcycling) and reuse of good items for the trash!
RV-P
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by RV-P » 16/10/12, 17:54

Alain G wrote:RVP Hello!
Me I find useful the topic that you started and it will surely be useful for the uninitiated but unfortunately the old alarmist pessimist came to stick his nose as he does too often, slaughtering your subject by off / incessant subject!
I tell you congratulations for your involvement on the site.
Continue on this path and passing econology welcome!

ImageAlain G! Eeeennnnnfffiiinnn encouragement in this world of "brutes"!
Dedeleco wrote:They highlight the need to adapt the circuit, especially the series inductance to the lamp resistance in operation and its power, which can be changed a bit

- Of course: all busy criticizing "sharply" what others write, you have not even read that, that you have, as usual, completely "zapped":
RV-P wrote:- Of course, I had to adapt the power:
* With 8W tube, a ballast is perfect 9W
* Also for 13W tube, a ballast should 12W
* Ideal for a ballast 15W is to find a 15W tube, even for a 18W!
, in the FIRST Message this issue !!!
- So, "zyeute" the subjects a little well and tell yourself that if you know things, the others also know!
Dedeleco wrote:It is a beautiful waste all components of the power supply to each thrown dead lamp.
There is enough free tinker simple edits !!

- And even repair or manufacture amp input montages very cheap! These high-voltage transistors ... We do not find much else! And the filter capacitor between 2,2μF and 10μF 400V, which can be used for a lot of things! ...
Image : Dedeleco!
- @ +!
Last edited by RV-P the 16 / 10 / 12, 18: 09, 1 edited once.
0 x
It's easier to just make things complicated than complicate simple things!
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 16/10/12, 18:09

Boujour RV-P.

Agree on the Recycling and waste.

But RV-P did not read the notes Philips (which has developed this kind of gear) to understand, with the 18W PSU can power an 9W, including some with an inductance and more .

And probably the opposite, comprising a little more, after reading application notes, very numerous on the subject by industry.

It's not me who knows, but engineers of the manufacturers who explained in the explanatory notes, familiar and simply read, instead of despising me !!
0 x
RV-P
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by RV-P » 16/10/12, 20:19

But RV-P did not read the notes Philips (which has developed this kind of gear) to understand, with the 18W PSU can power an 9W, including some with an inductance and more .

- Certainly ! But you must admit that there are lots of eco lamp powers in the recycling bins of supermarkets! I even saw 30W! A little more and I could adapt to tubes 36 W ...
- So instead of complicating things with your twisted logic, why not make it simple and choose the "ballast" according to the power of the straight tube, eh!? ...
- My wordImage !!! You really are not cooperative,Image Dedeleco ...
0 x
RV-P
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by RV-P » 24/12/13, 14:39

- New ! I actually found my recycling bins supermarkets or DIY stores favorit (s):
* A lampéco of 30W whose tube was good and electronics down. After repair of electronics, it works again.
* Another lampéco of 33W grilled tube. I dismounted and reserve electronics to try it on a right 36W tube. And it works !
* Suddenly, I find another one of ... 55W! -> TILT <-! As I have some 58W tubes, I adapt, after revision of the electronics (a blown transistor and an overheating coil), and ... it works, after replacing the two transistors with PC power supply transistors and rewinding of the heated coil!
- So, the roasted lamps, do not throw them away! Especially the 18W: there is a "plethora" of tubes just waiting to adapt their electronics!
0 x
RV-P
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

New for straight pipes!

by RV-P » 03/10/14, 14:09

- The title says it all. I "had fun" making new experiences.
* TWO straight tubes with ONE lampéco "ballast" :
- Here is a diagram which will remind things to the "old" electricians of whom I am:
- On the diagram in figure 1, you can see how 2 tubes are connected in series on 1 double power ballast. This assembly is still used today for lighting with 4 tubes in a "paving stone" inserted in the ceilings of many bureux and workshops (You can dismantle one to check!)!
- On figure 2, you can see how I arrived at the experiment which consists in connecting TWO tubes of 8W on a "ballast" of lampéco of 15W! And it worksProvided that 2 the boot capacitors are of DOUBLE value 1 the boot capacitor which is on the printed circuit of the "ballast" (for example, if the starting capacitor 1 has a value of 2n2 / 1600V, then you need two capacitors of 4n7 / 1600V!)!
- The connection of the capacitors to the outside of the printed circuit of "ballast" gave me another idea ...
- With a few starters of fluorescent tubes, I removed a few and here is what came out:
- You can see that there is a small capacitor whose value is unknown in the starter, connected in parallel with a glass bulb that contains a contact bimetal. Photos:
- Hence the "bright" idea : Idea: to use this capacitor for the ignition of a fluorescent tube instead of the one which is soldered on the "ballast" of lampéco! As indicated, you can then use "toasted" starters which are no longer capable of starting a "classic" tube and, moreover, you benefit from the instantaneous ignition of the tube (from 15 to 58W on condition of find the lampéco "ballast" of equivalent power, That goes without saying!)!
- Come on, do as I do: experiment!
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Making a straight tube with a ballast lampéco ..

by izentrop » 14/08/16, 00:50

Hello,
Interesting, thank you for sharing :)
RV-P wrote: the "ballast" diagram can also be used to power halogen lamps of 12V 50-60W or 3x 20W! I disassembled a copy, repaired it (in fact, it just lacked a small capacitor to maintain the oscillations!), "Pumped" the diagram and made a copy which works very well. : Cheesy: : Mrgreen: !!!
Can you show this pattern here and is it possible to change an electronic ballast halogen lamp to power an LED?
0 x
RV-P
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by RV-P » 14/08/16, 21:43

- The electronic transformer that powers one or more halogens operates in AC with a frequency of several kilohertz! LED can be powered with, but in this case should already rectify the voltage provided with diodes QUICK (Schottky diodes The power supplies of cathode ray televisions, for example), they are able to recover the current of several kilohertz frequency!
! - *** / \ AN IMPORTANT POINT / \ If you think power LED lamps 12V with 2 pins to the base with direct AC FORGET: LEDs built into the lamp base are provided only to straighten the 50 or 60 Hz! Otherwise, you risk "snapping" the internal diodes, SMD diodes, not easy to replace!
- Cordially !
- PS: I'll see later for the pattern that looks "like 2 drops of water" to that of a "ballast" of lampéco!
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 15/08/16, 00:03

OK, thanks . It's more the fact that the output is cut when the consumption is inadequate I have a problem. I have several ballast w 100 I would have liked to recycle LEDs
0 x
RV-P
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by RV-P » 15/08/16, 09:53

- In this case, on the alternative output of your transformers, do not forget to connect at least A halogen lamp 20W before fast rectifier to power your LEDs!
- A small diagram "for the road"
electronic transformer LED.jpg
Powering LEDs with halogen electronic transformer
electronic transformer LED.jpg (29.49 KB) Viewed times 5147

- Then you can "mix" the color temperature with the halogen to obtain a more or less white light!
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 15/08/16, 23:19

I already knew this trick. thanks anyway :)
0 x