CET Clérac valorization of biogas

Environmental impact of end of life products: plastics, chemicals, vehicles, agri-food marketing. direct recycling and recycling (upcycling or upcycling) and reuse of good items for the trash!
C moa
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by C moa » 25/08/08, 17:04

Christophe wrote:I recently heard (with amazement) that 80% of the sanitary water pipes of intramural bets were still ... made of lead ... some of them must pass through the bodies of Parisians, so yes those they eat ...

Uh there you surprise me because it would mean that 80% of the park has not been sold or rented in the last 20 years. I know more precisely when it dates but it is old that the presence of lead in the pipes power 1 must be sought and 2 replaced when there is one.

For the evacuations, there I do not want everything to be square yet (even if it is lamentable) but for the food except the insanitary housing ... : Shock:
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 26/08/08, 09:45

yes but that is your boy scout side who believes that nuclear power is clean: but when you go there it is quite different! : Cheesy:

Christophe wrote:
jonule wrote:and where do the heavy metals from sewage sludge come from?

Already industrial waste ... then a part must come from pipes and other various pollutions (you know a channel without mob inside? :D).

very good: industrial waste should already be separated from consumer waste! industrialists sort them? they have to ?

Christophe wrote:Sequelae of war: In the zones having suffered one or more wars and in particular in the red zone of 14-18, the canals were important targets of the belligerents and in particular the zones of bridge (road or railways), estuary , river ports, industrial, port or military zones, water stations, etc. This explains why it is possible to find submerged or unexploded ordnance in significant quantities (in 14-18, in wetlands and vases, up to 8 shells out of 10 did not explode, but they can be deeply buried in sediments. These munitions will eventually leak, releasing their toxins.

we can imagine how the depleted uranium shells (coming from the nuclear industry) released during the wars of the gulf, balkan, lebanon, georgia ... which will not explode ... will end : roll:

so yes mixing the waste leads to a solution ... without a solution.
yes, we should double the networks. they do a lot of major work to bury fiber optics, they could do it with sanitation ...

we can never say it enough: the TRI!
0 x
C moa
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by C moa » 26/08/08, 09:57

jonule wrote:yes, we should double the networks. they do a lot of major work to bury fiber optics, they could do it with sanitation ...

Most fiber optic, telephone, etc. networks in major cities go through the sewers. : Lol:
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 26/08/08, 10:50

what do you think Cmoa, to multiply networks to simplify waste management?

I am talking about "mains drainage": sewage and sewage.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/08/08, 10:59

C moa wrote:Uh there you surprise me because it would mean that 80% of the park has not been sold or rented in the last 20 years. I know more precisely when it dates but it is old that the presence of lead in the pipes power 1 must be sought and 2 replaced when there is one.

Well I was also surprised and I am only repeating what I heard (news or documentary I don't know it was on France TV) ... and the compulsory works that you mention where they stop geographically? So on the surface of the apartment ... And before?
How many risers have been changed? In old (luxurious) buildings I doubt that it will be easy!

And on the streets? I do not remember that we talked about a big plan to get the lead out of Paris: it would cost far too expensive for the economy to paralyze Paris with major road works ...

It's a bit like the parachute thing on planes: too expensive compared to the risk then we tolerate the risk ...
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 26/08/08, 11:18

Extract from a press kit (not too recent 1999)
In France, nearly 10 million homes are equipped with indoor water pipes that contain lead

http://www.waternunc.com/fr/pblyon1.htm#pbsant

Otherwise there is that
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
C moa
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by C moa » 26/08/08, 11:23

jonule wrote:what do you think Cmoa, to multiply networks to simplify waste management?

I am talking about "mains drainage": sewage and sewage.

I think I am not sure that there will be a big gain in the sense that we already have to separate many things from the source (cf. water laws, SRU and different regulatory obligations defined by the DRIRE .. .).
For several years now there has been an obligation to separate rainwater from wastewater. In time everything was sent to the main collector.
Likewise, classified installations (ICPE) must meet a certain number of standards which are controlled by the DRIRE. Many agro installations, for example, have their own wastewater treatment plant and therefore do not discharge anything into the "public" network. Sometimes it is even the reverse that occurs. In small towns and villages, the industrial WWTP is generally oversized to be able to accommodate the US of local residents.
In addition, restaurants for example must have grease traps so as not to reject grease in the sewers. Hospitals must control their effluents and separate / treat the most dangerous ....

In fact, there is a big amalgamation because we always speak of "everything to the sewer" whereas it has been a long time since this is no longer the case. Today we are talking about a wastewater collector and technically there is a huge difference.

Otherwise, for the lead, I checked with a friend who is in real estate. He told me that the law has existed since 1989 but that the diagnosis does not relate to "the presence or absence of lead" but on what quantity is released.

Concretely, the pipes will have to be changed from 2013 (European regulations require) because the thresholds will be too low to set up a treatment system.
The current thresholds are 25µg / liter. It is still worrying when you know that lead accumulates in tissues. : Shock:
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 26/08/08, 11:23

and yet very few cases of lead poisoning ... does chlorine have anything to do with it?
0 x
C moa
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by C moa » 26/08/08, 11:32

jonule wrote:and yet very few cases of lead poisoning ... does chlorine have anything to do with it?

These are diseases that develop over long periods of time and which can probably be hidden by other diseases if the presence of lead in the blood is not specifically checked.

That chlorine can "block" lead, I don't really believe in it, but the question should be put to chemists.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/08/08, 11:35

delnoram wrote:Extract from a press kit (not too recent 1999)
In France, nearly 10 million homes are equipped with indoor water pipes that contain lead

Ah thank you for the precision ... 10 million dwellings on how much in total? 15 to 20 million? So much more than 50% ...

Basically: in the old, nothing has ever been changed ... it is simply the share of new housing which is "up to standard".

I doubt that currently it has really changed ...
0 x

Back to "waste, recycling and reuse of old objects"