Recycling the polyester hulls of boats

Environmental impact of end of life products: plastics, chemicals, vehicles, agri-food marketing. direct recycling and recycling (upcycling or upcycling) and reuse of good items for the trash!
breizh22810
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Recycling the polyester hulls of boats

by breizh22810 » 28/02/11, 14:33

Hello everyone, I am planning to set up a company specializing in the recycling of polyester boat hulls, this is completely nonexistent in Brittany and apparently in France ...!

I need your light on this sensitive subject, yes sensitive because it is the hunting keep of certain shipyards which refuses or makes impossible the destruction of these hulls which bring them monthly rent.

Do you really have the means to take care of this aging, and yes under what condition and at what price ...?

Good sea and good wind to all.
0 x
When the seagulls have feet it is time for a trip
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 28/02/11, 14:37

What do you mean by "recycling"?

Reconstruction of a new boat?

Destruction and "use" of the pieces? Or even their combustion?
0 x
See you soon !
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/02/11, 14:45

What can we do with polyester of 20 or 30 years of age?

Precisely because of the aging of the hull and the shipping costs, I had heard that old polyester boats are simply often ... scuttled ... either by abandonment or voluntarily ...

There is actually no (or very little) desire to retrain in this area ...

It is a track to dig therefore!

Better a wooden boat ...
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 28/02/11, 16:12

We can see that you never had to maintain a wooden boat (with toxic products, by the way) : Evil:

other than that, dear Breizh: do you have a technique or are you redoing a new hull with the old one?
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Pierre-Yves
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Pierre-Yves » 28/02/11, 16:37

there is an article on the deconstruction of plastic pleasure boats at:

http://escales.wordpress.com/2011/02/21/ce-que-coute-vraiment-la-deconstruction-des-vieux-bateaux-de-plaisance-2-exemples-types/

the Econav association also addressed this problem:

http://www.econav.org/

I don't know if the question of what to do with plastic waste is resolved ...

Good luck !!
0 x
optimization, energy savings
http://www.avel-vor.fr
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/02/11, 16:48

elephant wrote:We can see that you never had to maintain a wooden boat (with toxic products, by the way) : Evil:

What relationship?

The fact is that in wood, there are still more than 80 years in condition ... which is not the case for polyester boats and moreover no more than steel ones ...

I'm always pretty dazed by the assholes who buy a plastic hull yacht the price of a house ... : Mrgreen:

Thank you Pierre Yves for the links, I thought you were going to notice this subject but not as quickly 8)
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 28/02/11, 18:17

We redo oil with the machine invented by a Japanese to see on econology !!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/02/11, 19:23

Uh by an Indian you mean? : Mrgreen:
https://www.econologie.com/forums/l-inde-pou ... vt118.html

Otherwise it is by:
https://www.econologie.com/forums/du-carbura ... t1634.html
Japanese version: https://www.econologie.com/forums/plastic-wa ... 10162.html

But I'm not sure it works with polyester resin, it's still far from plastic ...
0 x
breizh22810
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by breizh22810 » 28/02/11, 19:24

Thank you all, well I am really surprised by the audience bring to my post.

Several problems arise when a BPHU ship reaches the end of its life and it differs according to the region where the boat is found, I think of a local policy before all. Either the waste, since these at this beautiful stage and indeed a waste, it can be neglected and gone to discreetly join the abyss to find eternal rest. Strictly prohibited by law from sinking a ship, an offense which can be seriously reprimanded. Or even be maintained in pseudo life of land, monthly cost and wintering. And when the owner really does not know what to do with it, he may as well be entrusted to a pseudo-taker who will in any case be forced to finish one day and the circle is complete ...!
My current activity allows me to observe the various actors who are, the owners, the manufacturers, the sellers, the regional policies and the actors of recycling "waste reception center and others" all show a real nothing to do (to be polite) of the rest after operation of a BPHU hull, (I even see new hulls never put in the water that sell at the price of the materials) To say, no recycling line is planned, nowhere to dismantle a unit except maybe Africa which begins to be asking for it but again our waste is not exportable in state, the dismantling not being envisaged it is therefore not regulated and everyone can do anything.

For my part, my intention is to see for the treatment of waste in recycling centers, recovery of the hulls once cut and on a large scale, cars for the moment I treat several units per month and I begin to saturate the municipal recycling center.
Then comes the cost, how to value a wreck without for the time given it a value at the risk of hinting that a wreck is worth money in the eyes of the owners, this risk has in my opinion to let people believe that their waste are still worth something which would put a financial brake on recycling.
Details on recycling moves:
Support, repatriation to the dismantling area, transport costs, de-construction of tools and means used, recovery of used parts, compulsory manual dismantling and storage at a recycling center is possible, but the parties are not not played given that each naval unit cannot clear the same values ​​once in the dismantling chain.
with all this I have not answered your questions, I remain once again on my hunger but the idea is good I assure you.

dedeleco to answer you clearly and simply it is in Japan so not available here ...

Pierre-Yves thank you for the links that you submit to us I quite agree with their calculation although I disagree with the prices given there, once again the general condition is there for a lot ...!

bernardd No I am talking about end of life, as we can do for a private car, recycling used parts ... ect

Thank you all for following me in my adventure, I have photos, videos of boats in deconstruction that I can put you under, I forgot, I also create decorative objects for the house with elements from boat of pleasure.

Good sea and good wind.
0 x
When the seagulls have feet it is time for a trip
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 28/02/11, 19:44

it's in Japan so not available

is a false statement, given that a lot of Japanese machines designed in Japan are perfectly available, such as microwave ovens, portable music players, cars, etc ... and above all that this Japanese is trying to sell his kitchen machine which recycles plastics packaging of the usual housewife !!

Everything made with petroleum can become petroleum again !!

In nature, the life that makes cellulose has provided for living organisms that recycle everything !!

I bet that even polyester is eaten by certain living organisms to be found !!
0 x