Household waste

Environmental impact of end of life products: plastics, chemicals, vehicles, agri-food marketing. direct recycling and recycling (upcycling or upcycling) and reuse of good items for the trash!
zac
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 02/05/07, 18:41

--Ex-- wrote:Yep, it smells strongly of breaking anyway :?

For the history of yogurts, I only think that this kind of problem can only be solved with an outright ban on marketing a product with packaging that cannot be recycled.

If every time we want to do something for the environment, it has to come from the citizen (make these yogurts yourself :) ), I don't feel it.
Already that I go to work by train, that I travel in my city by bicycle, that I go back and forth to take my waste in the containers, that I type washable diapers which give you 2 times more work , that I will buy my fruits and vegetables in a specialized organic supermarket, ...., I will no longer have a lot of time for myself.
It would be so simple to attack the problems at their source.

Hello

But no, I'm not trying to break you at all; I'm just trying to make you understand that you're taking things the wrong way.

Legislating at all costs only brings restrictions on freedom and ultimately a dictatorship (we are almost there).

in life you have to live in accordance with its principles.

you don't want to pollute? stop working (no more trains to get there).
life in the countryside, your organic vegetables you make and 3 times less diaper (the baby ass looks like in the grass; he is happy and he no longer has red buttocks).

you say "remove the problem at the source" I say the same thing as you. Just change the source, if you are the source you no longer have to go to the container.

Work, luxury race, organic layer and sorting binding less; you will see time for you you will be full : Lol:

@+

PS: it has been a long time since there have been any more citizens, but just tributaries.
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
--Ex--
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by --Ex-- » 04/05/07, 07:55

Damn, you could have warned me guys that there were drug addicts on this forum : Lol:
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 26/05/07, 13:42

Menon, it's just Zac, he lives on his island and thinks that everyone can do like him ... : Wink:
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Exceed
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Exceed » 26/05/07, 22:46

zac wrote:

Hello

But no, I'm not trying to break you at all; I'm just trying to make you understand that you're taking things the wrong way.

Legislating at all costs only brings restrictions on freedom and ultimately a dictatorship (we are almost there).

in life you have to live in accordance with its principles.

you don't want to pollute? stop working (no more trains to get there).
life in the countryside, your organic vegetables you make and 3 times less diaper (the baby ass looks like in the grass; he is happy and he no longer has red buttocks).

you say "remove the problem at the source" I say the same thing as you. Just change the source, if you are the source you no longer have to go to the container.

Work, luxury race, organic layer and sorting binding less; you will see time for you you will be full : Lol:

@+

PS: it has been a long time since there have been any more citizens, but just tributaries.

Well Zac .... I think we are at least two to think almost the same !!!

Personally, I'm just looking at the result ...
Before, nobody did sorting .... it was all in the trash .... we polluted a lot .... we paid 100fr / year.
Today, more and more people, my wife the first, began to sort their garbage .... some of these products are revalued and sold .... we pollute even more .... we pay two times more expensive .....
We continue to produce more and more .... we pollute more and more .... we pay more and more !!! Long live progress.
Okay, this is a narrow and not econological vision ... it's just an observation that I find as alarming as distressing!

A + Serge.
0 x
Respect !!!
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/06/07, 16:16

0 x
A2E
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by A2E » 02/08/07, 09:26

Hi to all of you ! : Cheesy:
Well here I am back for 1 year and a half now and I see that the forum has evolved well! I get lost !!! : Shock:

I come back to the sorting of recyclables
Indeed I had created a subject on it a long time ago and I can't find it (maybe it was on the old one forum : Shock: ) so here we practice total sorting since September 2004 and today the results of this experience are quite satisfactory! rather judge: only 4 bags of non-recyclable waste in almost 3 years !!! (within 1 month) the rest being made of plastics + metals + paper and glass which have been recycled, there is also all the compostable waste which has used to amend vegetable gardens.
So here is ! if we all did as we would frankly there would be much less pollution, right?
Serge
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/08/07, 12:02

Ah it's good to see ghosts :)

Bravo for your 4 bags in 2 years ... : Shock: We (2) we can't do it or our bags are too small (or yours are 500 L : Cheesy: ) yet we are in Belgium, so 100% sorting ...

Otherwise I wouldn't be as confident as you about your statement "which have been recycled" ... For example, have you separated plastics of different kinds? Mixed plastics are not recyclable ...

I would like to make a file on the technologies used during recycling in order to know the techniques and economic costs in order to determine the exact possibilities of recycling, because sorting bags that end up in incinerators have already been seen. . : Evil:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/08/07, 12:17

Some quick links regarding paper / cardboard recycling:

http://www.devis-imprimerie.com/devisim ... efiche=460

http://www.fostplus.be/tpl/page.cfm?pagID=25
http://www.fostplus.be/files/FR/1/Piramide_FR.pdf

Synthesis pdf: http://www.copacel.fr/docs/EnvRec1.pdf

But all this lacks a bit of figures to make a precise assessment of paper recycling ... compared to "new" paper ... here is the most interesting information:

Energy consumption is between 60 and 500 kWh per tonne of paper, depending on the process used (with or without deinking) and the number of intermediate stages of the production process used.

(...)

The use of new water for the production of recycled paper pulp is estimated between 3 and 8 m3 per tonne of paper pulp.

(...)

Generally, fibers can only be reused two to five times, depending on the type of paper to be produced. The continual supply of new fibers is therefore a necessity.

The most "sensitive" stages are undoubtedly: bath of dissolution and deinking and possibly bleaching (well, you have to see the econological cost of peroxide (hydrogen peroxide I suppose)). Does anyone know what the "scatter" step is?
0 x
A2E
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by A2E » 03/08/07, 08:38

Hello !
Me too, it's good to come back to the forum to discuss again what we can do for our good old planet! : Cheesy:
Thank you for your response Christophe! Happy to see you again !!! : Mrgreen:
When I posted yesterday I was almost sure that if you were going to answer about me you would come back to the "Strasbourg" affair (you know what I mean!) And indeed I also have big doubts on the purpose of recyclables, it is certain that municipalities which have invested in powerful and efficient incinerators will not let them run at even half of their capacities! plus all the latest generation facilities to filter the gaseous emissions in the combustion fumes, this is very very expensive for the community and I think like you Christophe!
But OK ! I experimented with total sorting at the source to demonstrate that it is perfectly possible maybe not for everyone of course because there are many constraints such as the time spent at sorting, the odors because it you have to sort everything out and I go over the details! :| .
As for the different plastics I adopted a technique for mixing them: I fill all the milk bottles (plastic) after removing the labels that go with the papers and in this way these different plastics are hidden.
For papers: same operation! concealment of certain so-called non-recyclable papers between folded cardboard or pubs.
For metal boxes: the labels are removed and then flattened with the feet.
For glasses: cajeots are filled and emptied at the recovery terminals and the various pots are rinsed, the bulbs also pass through.
For used batteries: they are put in the containers provided for this purpose.
And finally for green and kitchen waste: these go to the direct compost pile (1 bucket of 12 L per week).
There are also various green waste of medium and large sizes (branches) which are cut and stacked and which are used as firewood for a small, slow-burning Canadian stove.
When all these different treatments for recycling paper it is perfectly obvious that this generates pollution! not to mention the cost of these different operations that we know more or less (less than more for my part!)
Regarding the waste bags: no no they do not make 500 L !!! 10 times less just and it's already too much! :|
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 03/08/07, 11:08

Hello A2E,

We don't know each other since I arrived after your departure, but welcome back anyway! :D

A2E wrote:As for the different plastics I adopted a technique for mixing them: I fill all the milk bottles (plastic) after removing the labels that go with the papers and in this way these different plastics are hidden.
For papers: same operation! concealment of certain so-called non-recyclable papers between folded cardboard or pubs.

I wonder about the cause of your action: do you mean that mixed plastics, bulbs, and greasy papers can be recycled?
In this case, why do they say it is not possible?
I told myself that there was a problem with the quality of the product after recycling, or that it required using polluting products to be able to purify and then recycle them.
Or was your message a decoy, a troll?

A2E wrote:When all these different treatments for recycling paper it is perfectly obvious that this generates pollution! not to mention the cost of these different operations that we know more or less (less than more for my part!)

It is clear that it is polluting to redo white paper by recycling. But in some cases, we don't need white paper: for example, who uses the 2 sides of an envelope? if the printed side is inside and the outside is white, you can use the envelope like any other! And in addition, it increases confidentiality: impossible to see what is in the envelope.

I had already spoken about it once: geographical maps of the IGN type are only printed on one side! They are piled up in administrative cupboards or thrown in the dumpster! Rather than recycling them in a "classic" way (= polluting), it is much better to cut, fold, glue them. I only saw the Germans do so! It should be generalized!
I am very happy with my envelopes ... In addition, I find them classy! (personal opinion :D )

Indy49.
0 x