Household waste

Environmental impact of end of life products: plastics, chemicals, vehicles, agri-food marketing. direct recycling and recycling (upcycling or upcycling) and reuse of good items for the trash!
solaircool
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: Recycling and reuse of plastics

by solaircool » 28/12/06, 15:30

mdelatte wrote:In articles talking about recycling, we only talk about 2 types of plastics ... which are actually recycled today ... the rest being incinerated. :frown:

But there are other recycling methods than those currently used and which can incorporate most of the plastics mentioned in the article.

Unfortunately, today, the supply chains are organized in such a way that they cannot get anything else out of them ... many stakeholders (harvesting, sorting center, recycler, trader, etc.) are far too settled and powerful for them to be we can hope to change that ...

Little by little a waste mafia was set up with the help of our policies ... : Evil:

To be concrete, a few years ago, we were talking about the Stabilobloc process ... by searching a little on Google, we find a lot of document on this subject ... and yet, it is no longer possible to produce it today !
hello the system of recovery of waste has been under study until 1992 and signed on December 22 in the Dordogne to recycle 99,8% of waste and the 0.2% are vitrified in order to make parpains to project the process is under patent I work on it with the designer who is German and French
0 x
mdelatte
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by mdelatte » 28/12/06, 15:52

do you have the references of the patent?
I'm interested ?
who produces, who sells the process?

please
0 x
Michael Delatte
www.widearctic.be
solaircool
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by solaircool » 28/12/06, 17:26

I find the info and contact the colleague and contact you by msn

OK
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/12/06, 18:42

Uh, wouldn't that be plasma vitrification?

https://www.econologie.com/traitement-pl ... s-862.html
0 x
hug
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: Household waste

by hug » 29/12/06, 23:40

Christophe wrote:Online posting of a new section on household waste.

The synthesis of recycling techniques is interesting.
It would be nice to supplement with:
* the indication of the number of possible recycling (infinite for glass? sometimes for paper?)
* consequences on non-renewable resources. Example: if I recycle plastic, I do not buy the oil necessary for its production
* the economic consequences. Example: if I recycle plastic, I do not buy the oil necessary for its production
0 x
The only renewable energy is energy saving.
--Ex--
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by --Ex-- » 30/04/07, 13:48

Thank you for this post Christophe, I carefully read each link.

In fact, I fell back on this post because I actively practice sorting at home but this weekend, I had doubts about what I could put in the containers or not.
For example, I didn't know if I could put my yoghurt pots in the yellow plastic container. -> the answer is "no" and I found your post https://www.econologie.com/forums/lait-en-te ... t3444.html who was talking about it.
It scares me when I imagine the number of yogurts consumed per day by the French.
In addition, I imagine that people do not take the lead like me to do a research and it is not very well indicated in France I think.
The idea of ​​taking yogurts in glass jars, it's not terrible because they are super expensive and plastic packaging having become widespread, there is really not much choice.

2)It was then that I said to myself that there could be a law that requires (as for cigarettes with the message "smoking kills") to put on each package if it can be put in a container and if so, in which.
The problem is that in France, it seems to me that depending on the region where we are located, the containers do not contain the same thing.
And I discovered in + in your posts that according to communities, some waste is not even recycled.
It is a pity to see that nothing has been done at the national level, so that the means for recycling are pooled to treat all the waste on our territory.
If not, what could be put on all packaging is at least where the products come from (like the origin of the meat for example) because to do it on instinct as it is written in the article https://www.econologie.com/conseils-pour ... -2592.html in my opinion, it is not feasible.

3)Well, not everything is black, it seems to me thatwe went from 8% in 2002 of recycled household waste to 20% in 2005.
Germany being 50% in 2002 for info so we are always late.
4)
mdelatte wrote:Unfortunately, today, the supply chains are organized in such a way that they cannot get anything else out of them ... many stakeholders (harvesting, sorting center, recycler, trader, etc.) are far too settled and powerful for them to be we can hope to change that ...

Little by little a waste mafia was set up with the help of our policies ... : Evil:

It might be interesting to have a little diagram with these different actors: harvest, sorting center, recycler, trader ... with the names of the companies that take care of it. Where is a company like Véolia located for example? Apparently, they do everything they see what I read on their site -> http://www.veolia-proprete.fr/index_services.asp?section_id=106&gclid=CNmds7mr6osCFRlqXgodNHhgQQ
And then understand where the blockages that mdelatte describes are located.

5)I also wanted to bounce off the article
https://www.econologie.com/le-recyclage-papier-cartons-et-plastiques-articles-2588.html
and it says that "only plastics bearing the numbers 1 and 2 are recyclable for individuals"
so professionals would have the opportunity to recycle others?
Because I see at my job that disposable glasses at water fountains have the rating 5 and are thrown in the normal trash.
It makes me hallucinate, especially when I see the full trash every night.
In addition, I know that there are places (in the high school I attended ... in 1998 for example) the possibility of putting these glasses in a special bin. Afterwards, I don't know what they did with these used glasses, however.
With the site http://www.produits-recycles.com/materiau/pp01.htm, it is clear that the polypropylene (PP) composing these plastic glasses is a recyclable material. And there would not be the problem of the yogurt pots to wash them since they only contained water. Can coffee goblets pose a problem?

6)Finally, one thing that would be nice is know precisely who can be pressured to have the means available for selective sorting. Both in his community and at work.
Who should I turn to in my company to set up a bin for paper sorting for example ...
For example, I had taken the initiative to send an email to my colleagues to tell them that I had put a large trash can at their disposal to put their 20-minute style journal etc ... but is it then legal to put this trash bin by the side of the road when it will not be considered as that of an individual? Professionals having to pay a tax it seems to me right?
It would be good to have a sustainable environment manager in companies as there is a safety manager. Perhaps one of the additional jobs that ecologically conscious politicians want?

6) I stop there even if I would like to talk about many other things like the individual portions that we are told not to buy when it would be so simple to prohibit their manufacture ....
0 x
zac
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 30/04/07, 19:52

--Ex-- wrote:The idea of ​​taking yogurts in glass jars, it's not terrible because they are super expensive and plastic packaging having become widespread, there is really not much choice.

Hello

continue your process to the end: make yourself your yogurts.

it's super simple, it takes 5 minutes you recycle your glasses yourself, you choose your perfume (mash sausage if you want).
And there if you count all the savings in transport and recycling. you flatter your green ego very hard : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
--Ex--
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by --Ex-- » 30/04/07, 22:01

:frown:
0 x
zac

by zac » 30/04/07, 22:11

don't sulk, i don't bite i explain :P :P :P

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)

This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
--Ex--
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by --Ex-- » 02/05/07, 13:22

Yep, it smells strongly of breaking anyway :?

For the history of yogurts, I only think that this kind of problem can only be solved with an outright ban on marketing a product with packaging that cannot be recycled.

If every time we want to do something for the environment, it has to come from the citizen (make these yogurts yourself :) ), I don't feel it.
Already that I go to work by train, that I travel in my city by bicycle, that I go back and forth to take my waste in the containers, that I type washable diapers which give you 2 times more work , that I will buy my fruits and vegetables in a specialized organic supermarket, ...., I will no longer have a lot of time for myself.
It would be so simple to attack the problems at their source.
0 x