Battery recycling test

Environmental impact of end of life products: plastics, chemicals, vehicles, agri-food marketing. direct recycling and recycling (upcycling or upcycling) and reuse of good items for the trash!
clasou
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Battery recycling test

by clasou » 18/05/08, 10:44

Hello,
Following the visit, the site of jonule and having an old battery, I thought why not.

So the story so far.

Battery :
43ah motorcraft served at least 8 years on my car plus two to three years stored outside under a bin sheltered from the rain.not loaded
Charging test for a day, but do not you :)

EDTA: found on the internet from america weight 1Kg in all with 33 dollars transport.

Demineralized water 2 x 5litres ~ 4euros, although on the site it is only used for cleaning, and I have not recovered the defrosting water from the fridge.

1 liter of sulfuric acid has 32 ° (I hope to have enough) 2,40 euros.

and time.

The current result:
Compared to the start I do not see any trace except some deformation of the plates and when I shake a little gling, I managed to get a small piece but not the other.
I had to do 7 once the operation I used ~ 220gr of EDTA and the 10 liters.the water between 50 and 65 °.

The battery is empty so I have a voltage of 1.4v.

I wait for the sun, because when I have filled it, I want to see what gives a solar bag that can theoretically have a working voltage of 14v with anti return diode and between 750 my 1A.

Well my first opinion is also that on the site it is mentioned about the desulfator, which I do not have but I think that if it manages to "break" the sulfate, it should reduce the number of operations.

Which means that if something comes out positive, with a little seriousness and maintenance it must be feasible.: Shock:

So if someone has an opinion or suggestion.
a + claude
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 18/05/08, 17:31

I ordered an electronic desulfator, because the charger of my stacker displays "sulfated batteries" and can no longer charge them.

I expect to receive it at the end of the month.
0 x
clasou
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by clasou » 18/05/08, 18:02

Hello to you.
Good for the moment I stopped the load, in fact I went to the normal charger because I had a doubt about the voltage that came out of the solar bag, a futura person reassured me, and the rain is is mixed up.

In addition I do not have enough acid and the elements are barely covered.
So I have to wait until Tuesday to buy back.

For the desulphurizer it should be good unless you have it :) of course.
a + claude
0 x
bobono
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Battery recovery

by bobono » 18/05/08, 18:28

I failed to get the powder to desulfate it will be good that you post the address or you get it thank you

There is a Lyonese company that regenerates the batteries guaranteeing 95% of its old capacity.
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 18/05/08, 19:17

0 x
clasou
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by clasou » 18/05/08, 19:22

Good evening,
If it's the powder I got on ebay. I put the link that falls directly on the product.

code: Select all

http://cgi.ebay.fr/EDTA-Na2-Oral-Chelation-Therapy-or-Battery-Restoration_W0QQitemZ280223561122QQihZ018QQcategoryZ1279QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

I got for 33 dollars transport costs included I have it under barely10 days and it weighs 1 kilo.
a + claude
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 18/05/08, 23:17

: Arrow: For my part, I bought 2 kits DUO-REGEN in September 2006 (45 € each) I put one ("pulse" generator + resurex product) on my second car, the battery voltage of which was dropping rapidly.

For example, when I was not using the car on weekends, the voltage was 10V on Monday morning and the car "in a carafe".

Since (it's been a year and a half), my car holds the load and starts a quarter turn, even in winter (she lies outside).

Only remark; the density of the electrolyte is lower than it was ... It worried me initially, but as the rest is correct ...

The post where I speak is here.
0 x
clasou
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by clasou » 18/05/08, 23:38

Hi,
I had read this post, and I do not know if it is on this one. In fact the kicker will avoid the crystallization of the sulfate. And also that at a certain level of charge the battery will dissolve the crystals better which will have a tendency to reform in the landfill.

Since it will be the acid that will decompose over time, which will cause the decline of the level by evaporation.

For my part as I left on the cleaning and that the battery has at least 10 ans.Si I can see the voltage stabilize I will test on the car (2x25 / day) with the other in the trunk anyway .

a + claude
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 19/05/08, 09:26

clasou wrote:I will test on the car (2x25 / day) with the other in the trunk anyway.

I did the same, but after a week, as the voltage was not falling, I removed the cables and the backup battery from my chest. : Mrgreen:

I do not like to have a battery in my chest, if it spills, with acid ... : Cry:

There is also the Megapulse but I do not know what it's worth. :?:
0 x
clasou
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by clasou » 20/05/08, 12:46

Hello,
State of slieux.
yesterday, I was able to buy acid, so once the level is done I put in charge, the time not helping I can go from the charger to the panel and vice versa.
Result 18h15 voltage 9.98v, I retest this morning 6h 6.0 not very encouraging.
At noon I look and I realize that the charger indicates zero charge and the battery is no longer bubble.

So did the charger get loose? I suddenly went back to the panels and beautiful sun, 0.9 A flow has not arrived.

The question is what tonight 18 h I leave plugged, or I stop (he does not anticipate a rig :))
And in this case I give it tomorrow morning.For the moment the small bubbles come back.

Another solution tonight or tomorrow put it on the car started and tested on arrival after 25 km.

The question if the battery is really HS is there not a risk at the level of the alternator or other.
I remembered that on another car the battery was really HS and a mechanic told me that as we say it was constantly grounded (mandatory stop on the hill)

it destroyed the acid with the smell of rolling open windows.

If notice I am interested.
a + claude
0 x

Back to "waste, recycling and reuse of old objects"