Battery recycling test

Environmental impact of end of life products: plastics, chemicals, vehicles, agri-food marketing. direct recycling and recycling (upcycling or upcycling) and reuse of good items for the trash!
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 20/05/08, 14:03

well already if there are elements in short circuit it is dead!

on my site it is well explained how to diagnose to see whether or not it will be recoverable ...

then you should have gone through a car charger!
0 x
clasou
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by clasou » 20/05/08, 15:08

First Hello,
My as stated at the beginning of the queue,
it is only a test I leave with almost no chance.
Since it is a battery that is more than 10 years old and that has spent at least 2 outside in the freezing rain. And if I had been courageous I would already be in a garage for a long time.

So whether it's the load, the weight or whatever, I haven't looked since my basic idea was to test the product and change the acid.
As for the charger, it may be the cause for the pv it is rather utopia.
So there I put the battery on charge through the car at 1500a 2000tours.
last test 11.65v I did not climb as high.
so after i stop the car i will wait tomorrow to see.
but I wanted to get closer to the 12.
so follow
a + claude
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 20/05/08, 15:20

: Arrow: Charging on the alternator is often advised to shake a battery.

I believe that in certain cases one also recommends a boosted load but I do not know the values ​​nor the methodology.
Colleagues who did this have retired for several years ...
0 x
clasou
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by clasou » 20/05/08, 15:53

Hello,
Yes, maybe what would come back to the desulfator which throws peaks after what I understood.
So I just went back to the charger which must have had a weakness this morning.
So the weight of the acid for the moment around 1.15 and 11.55v which would mean that no element is dead.

So I leave it running until 17:45 pm and I will resume tomorrow.

And tomorrow or the day after tomorrow, if it is not powerful enough I will be started by the neighbor, and likewise at work if the 25km is not enough.
I tried all on time by putting it in main and the other in secondary but it has not changed.
Sarko said to bring them back from Bordeaux chaix :)
a + claude
0 x
clasou
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by clasou » 20/05/08, 18:18

Okay, I just stopped the charger,
I am at 9.85 v which means that with the charger for two hours I lose almost 2v!

Question, I look at the pure acid and it is at 1.25 and in the battery it is around 1.15.

Suppose if I add water it will change the result, leaving maybe it will add negative or positive ions.
I specify no knowledge in chemistry.

a + claude
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 21/05/08, 13:32

clasou wrote:Sarko said to bring them back from Bordeaux chaix :)

:?: I didn't understand, are you from the region?

Question, I look at the pure acid and it is at 1.25 and in the battery it is around 1.15.

Suppose if I add water it will change the result, leaving maybe it will add negative or positive ions.
I specify no knowledge in chemistry.

I too suck ... : Cry:
I can just tell you that the density of water (reference value) and 1.0 and that of acid is 1.28 (1.28kg per dm3). The denser your electrolyte, the more the hydrometer floats.
- If you add water, you dilute your electrolyte and drop its density (in theory).
- If you add water, you also lower the Baumé degree.

If chemists could enlighten us with their knowledge ... 8)
0 x
clasou
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by clasou » 21/05/08, 14:07

Bonjour,
For the balsam degree I don't know, on the other hand yes on futura there is one who said that you lower the weight with water.
No I am from Chatellerault, the reference was due to the fact that it is said that we do not work old enough, and as the winemakers often say that it is hard to find labor.

Otherwise my tests are not a success, I will try otherwise, that is to say like dilute sulfate with the rise in tension.
Like yesterday with the intermediary of the alternator I went up to almost 11.5v.
I tell myself that once towards this voltage and before it drops, maybe by emptying the battery in a translucent bottle, the deposit will be made at the bottom of the bottle and I will recover the acid above.

Because with the product, it also does it since there is a gray matter which is deposited, but maybe that considering the state of the battery it is not powerful enough.

Because at rest it goes back down to 6v. Or then I find a 4 1970l and it worked in 6v :)
a + claude
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 21/05/08, 14:52

:D Sulfate, winegrowers, do you make grapes?

For your geographic position, it was to invite you to update it in your profile, it adds a more conviviality. 8)

The winemakers have a dangerous job ... we have measured in wine up to 5800 times the authorized doses in water in terms of concentration of pesticides and other inputs. : Evil:

In terms of the lifespan that serves as a pretext to lower the retirement age, I think this is a big scam from the current government. : Evil:
A reform voted by parliamentarians who voted for them ULTRA PRIVILEGED social regimes and who ask others to tighten their belts ...

The current life expectancy of the French will, in my opinion know a significant erosion in the years to come, but it is a subject in its own right ...
0 x
clasou
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by clasou » 22/05/08, 15:47

Hello,
Yes I have three stems of grapes, but I do not treat.
Otherwise for the experiment have approach of abandonment, as say the facilitators on discovery, given the data the test is BIDON.

So I removed the acid is as I have product left I start again, but hey I'm barely 300gr on 1 kilo.

To be honest the product seems to work, we can see the extraction of the sulfate, but when I shake the battery there are more and more small pieces falling.

Sulfate allowed him to block.

In tension at rest I can not exceed 6v, so unless he found a use for this tension.

After reading a lot of sites on boats (use signs) and others.

My point of view in the end.
Difficult for cars feasible in solar installation.
So an electronic system that disconnects the batteries outside the 10.8v 12.8v range, since according to my readings it would be outside these ranges that it would greatly increase the sulfation and its opposite.
Avoid systems that favor peaks.
Oversize, the batteries by at least 30% so that if the panels or wind turbines are designed to provide daily consumption, we should see less risk of approaching the fateful terminals.

And finally, if like me as it goes along it allows some of its elements, I will always have a plastic bin to put flowers in
: Mrgreen:
a + claude
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 22/05/08, 15:59

: Arrow: When it's fucked up, it's fucked up ...

Miracles don't happen every day. :?
0 x

Back to "waste, recycling and reuse of old objects"