Maize Starch: biodegradability testing of a pen

Environmental impact of end of life products: plastics, chemicals, vehicles, agri-food marketing. direct recycling and recycling (upcycling or upcycling) and reuse of good items for the trash!
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 24/12/08, 09:58

Christophe wrote:ps: I NEVER premacholated this pen for the simple reason that I do not use a pen!

Your sucking preferences are up to you !!! : Mrgreen:
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 26/12/08, 03:20

Personally, I use "plastic Corn" bags

They do not last a week under the following conditions, placed in a plastic bin (pe) we throw green kitchen waste there ...

So that it does not go haywire in two days in summer at 25 °, I put a handful of wood pellets in it which absorb the moisture from the green waste ...

If not, when at the weekend I want to go and throw the bag in the collective green bin ... I take out the bag, but not the waste!
They stay at the bottom of the trash and the bag is biodegraded to the point that it has no more bottom : Mrgreen:

It's nothing but happiness, especially when it has been hot enough that it stinks well and a legion of Drosophila comes out buzzing from the trapped package : Mrgreen:

Why, yes why am I an econologist : Cheesy:
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 27/12/08, 09:58

Speaking of corn, what do we usually do with corn ???

Come on, don't look too far ... Well, I tell you ...
We make popcorn !!! Yes!!!
I see your heads from here : Shock:
But what wants this one ???

A few years ago (at least 10 years, in fact) I heard of a Canadian company that proposed to replace the polystyrene balls that serve as anti-shock in packages with popcorn (without sugar and not intended for human consumption).
Unfortunately, I have never had the opportunity to receive a popcorn anti-shock package and I wonder if this company still exists ...
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 27/12/08, 23:37

at the bottom .... (glass :D ), with a little yeast, we would not make beer? : Cheesy:
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 28/12/08, 11:20

Eeeeuuuuh blah ... :|
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 30/12/08, 14:01

Hello Gregconstruct
Gregconstruct wrote:A few years ago (at least 10 years, in fact) I heard of a Canadian company that proposed to replace the polystyrene balls that serve as anti-shock in packages with popcorn (without sugar and not intended for human consumption).
Unfortunately, I have never had the opportunity to receive a popcorn anti-shock package and I wonder if this company still exists ...

There was a post or we already talked about it. At the factory a few years ago, we regularly had these anti-ecological popcorn.
I never understood how this corn could not be fit for animal consumption and cheaper than packaging : Shock: :frown: Talking about this with a peasant, he told me about decadence, somewhere, he took it as an insult to his work ... and to the sweat it takes to produce it. :frown:
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/12/08, 14:51

Gregconstruct wrote:A few years ago (at least 10 years, in fact) I heard of a Canadian company that proposed to replace the polystyrene balls that serve as anti-shock in packages with popcorn (without sugar and not intended for human consumption).

+ Flytox.

Was it really POPCORN?

Because as indicated above, we recently received starch flakes which are very similar to the others (except the smell ... obviously). We did a few tests. I have to deal with this.

The purchase price, in volume, is 30% more expensive than the chemical (but you have to eat for this hihihiih price).

Otherwise the 2 tips of pen have not moved a yota ... I will add a little compost or something?
0 x
Rabbit
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rabbit » 30/12/08, 15:13

anti ecological popcorn.

Why anti ecological? I find this product pretty good,
as effective as polystyrene expense, it has the advantage of being
bio degradable and easy to remove. Just put it in water
and it dissolved there. This product contains only starch
there is no reason why it is not edible
share that the use made of it and that its production
do not plan this use.

As for the farmer who is bitter to know what we are doing
of his production, that he remembers that it is thanks to this diversification
the transformation of the fruit of their labor (for which
he was paid) that he has work and that the prices of the food industry
have not yet collapsed as is the case with all
other raw materials. He will have time to cry
on his fate when the economic / industrial crisis will have
repercussions on agricultural producers.
In fact it has already started.
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 30/12/08, 16:51

Hello rabbit
Rabbit wrote:Why anti ecological? I find this product rather good, as effective as polystyrene expense, it has the advantage of being bio degradable and easy to remove. Just put it in water and it dissolves there. This product contains only starch
there is no reason why it is not edible
share that the use made of it and that its production
do not plan this use.

Anti ecological because it takes a lot of Diesel, water, insecticide, fertilizer, sweat machines etc ... to produce But (Christophe, you had given us these figures it seems to me in a previous post). If the price of energy was not so undervalued, the question would never have arisen ....

Christophe, for the veracity if it is indeed popcorn ...: Mrgreen: I have no evidence, but if it isn't, it's more than grossly looking. And those who ate it at work (dubious joke of the companions of the reception / shipping service ...: Mrgreen: ) confirmed for the taste .... rancid.

As for the farmer who is bitter to know what we are doing
of his production, that he remembers that it is thanks to this diversification
the transformation of the fruit of their labor (for which
he was paid) that he has work and that the prices of the food industry
have not yet collapsed as is the case with all
other raw materials. He will have time to cry
on his fate when the economic / industrial crisis will have
repercussions on agricultural producers.

The farmer in question is of the old generation (85 years old?), Of the one who cannot bear that one can put the bread upside down when it is placed on the table ... out of respect for those who do it. :?
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 30/12/08, 18:29

Flytox wrote:The farmer in question is of the old generation (85 years old?), Of the one who cannot bear that one can put the bread upside down when it is placed on the table ... out of respect for those who do it. :?
A+

Ah! that one, I didn't know her.
: Lol:
I thought it was to respect the Good Lord, where the benefits of his nature.
I had a chef (anti-clerical) who ate the priest, but who always turned the bread upside down, saying, with something close ...
"There are only good sisters, to earn their crusts on the back"
0 x

Back to "waste, recycling and reuse of old objects"