Sawdust Paper Log Press Project

Environmental impact of end of life products: plastics, chemicals, vehicles, agri-food marketing. direct recycling and recycling (upcycling or upcycling) and reuse of good items for the trash!
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Sawdust Paper Log Press Project

by gegyx » 06/12/21, 23:02

In a week, if it is daylight, the aptly named Brikfast will take off her openwork panties.

: Cheesy:
0 x
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 07/12/21, 08:27

As much Myriam, I had enough intuitive knowledge on the subject not to need instructions, as much brickfast I do not see how to compress?
Who is the engine and what moves to compress?
1 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 07/12/21, 11:24

Humus, on this first photo which offered an overview of the main and monobloc part of the device (apart from the wheels, the cover and the bottom plate), I only reveal the top, in accordance with the wishes of Sicetaitsimple!
The pressing device (but not in a hurry!) Is located at the bottom of the device and is also not completely finished ... This is the delicate part and it may still require some adaptations, even if I have solved the main difficulties. Basically, it is a pedal which acts on a jamming device which pushes a rod upwards, which presses on the bottom plate of the mold ...

Here is a new photo which reveals a little more precisely the intimacy of the beast. At the top of the cover which is in abutment, the lifting handle which swivels to quickly close the top by being housed under the two stops located on the front, the two tubes which are used to spare the holes in the log. The latter being expelled from the top to be conveniently handled.
IMG0088D.jpg
IMG0088D.jpg (264.35 KiB) Viewed 1090 times
3 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/12/21, 14:12

Why are the faces holed Ahmed? Do you plan to squeeze wet?

(sorry if you have already answered, not read everything, just looked at the zimages ...)
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 07/12/21, 14:27

Christophe wrote:Why are the faces holed Ahmed? Do you plan to squeeze wet?

(sorry if you have already answered, not read everything, just looked at the zimages ...)

Well, that's the principle: Make a kind of paper pulp with the fleet, and press the whole thing ... : Lol:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/12/21, 15:10

Ah but considering the title paper + sawdust it was not supposed to be that wet ... because using wet sawdust to make bricks to burn I don't think that is a good idea ... It will take a while crazy to dry thoroughly (several months ...). Especially if the bricks are stacked!

But I understand better: Myriam likes to be wet! : Mrgreen:
0 x
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 07/12/21, 16:20

I obviously do not see your foot pressing system but personally I would have better seen a screw device, like a jack or on the top like for agricultural presses.
The screw and the lever arm multiply the effort and guarantee high pressure.
The idea of ​​the foot is good because we have more strength than with the arms but if it is too direct an effort it quickly becomes painful.
Continuation of the photo novel? : Lol:
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 07/12/21, 16:26

Christophe wrote:It will take a long time to dry thoroughly (several months ...).

As with wood ... : Mrgreen:
1 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 07/12/21, 17:03

Christophe, pressing the paper implies going through a wet phase. Sawdust is an optional improver that it is regrettable to have to moisten (but it can allow you to use fresh sawdust!), But the holes and ad hoc storage (on racks) make this drying quite fast, about one to two months, maximum, depending on the period, but I plan to operate in a dry greenhouse, so ... 8)

Note, for you: the holes do not only facilitate drying, they also improve combustion.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/12/21, 17:36

Ahmed, for the 2 beautiful holes I understood the usefulness on my own! I also know the Myriams : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:
0 x