Sawdust Paper Log Press Project

Environmental impact of end of life products: plastics, chemicals, vehicles, agri-food marketing. direct recycling and recycling (upcycling or upcycling) and reuse of good items for the trash!
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Sawdust Paper Log Press Project

by humus » 06/12/21, 19:02

An idea.
Rather than soaking it all in water and then drying it, wouldn't it be possible to use used frying oil.
No drying proper and additional calorific value.
During pressing, a lot of oil is recovered which is used for the following logs.
Well the oil is cracra. : roll:
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 06/12/21, 19:05

myriam.jpg
myriam.jpg (11.12 KiB) Viewed 1057 times
0 x
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 06/12/21, 19:10

sicetaitsimple wrote:myriam.jpg

All ideas are good to study : Wink:
Knowing the rest of what we are going to see, that gives me another idea. Dung can also be a heat binder.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 06/12/21, 19:12

Not sure that the oil is a solvent for cellulose ... then, two objections come to mind: it is the disappearance of the liquid which makes the log solid and easy to handle, which would not be the case with the oil, then there is a strong risk of too much oil remaining and that the combustion would be bad (because too strong). In addition, I do not have any frying oil ... : Oops:
It is true that it is annoying to have to wet and then dry, but it is the condition of this transformation. Personally, I have an ad hoc room in the form of an old greenhouse that I will reentoiler in order to install all of this activity, so it is not really an obstacle and it will go very quickly in these areas. conditions.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 06/12/21, 19:25

Ahmed wrote:We are not well there, do not to talk about covid :?: :P

It is true that it feels good! Moreover my "interventions" are only the answer to the suspense that you maintain!
1 x
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 06/12/21, 19:31

Ahmed wrote:Not sure that the oil is a solvent for cellulose ... then, two objections come to mind: it is the disappearance of the liquid which makes the log solid and easy to handle, which would not be the case with the oil, then there is a strong risk of too much oil remaining and that the combustion would be bad (because too strong). In addition, I do not have any frying oil ... : Oops:
It is true that it is annoying to have to wet and then dry, but it is the condition of this transformation. Personally, I have an ad hoc room in the form of an old greenhouse that I will reentoiler in order to install all of this activity, so it is not really an obstacle and it will go very quickly in these areas. conditions.

Yes it can be a seasonal (summer) activity, you just have to store paper and sawdust the rest of the year.
0 x
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 06/12/21, 19:33

sicetaitsimple wrote:
Ahmed wrote:We are not well there, do not to talk about covid :?: :P

It is true that it feels good! Moreover my "interventions" are only the answer to the suspense that you maintain!

You will run out of ammo soon, I'm sure Ahmed can keep the suspense going for a long time : Wink:
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 06/12/21, 19:41

Humus, you are a bad language:
You will run out of ammo soon, I'm sure Ahmed can keep the suspense going for a long time : Wink:

I feel that Sicetaitsimple is impatient: tonight, I take off the top! : Wink:

Here is the main frame and the mold of Myriam this famous press; the dimensions of the mold are: L = 30, l = 12, h = 18. The perforated walls are made of 2 mm sheet metal (oil tank recovery); the sheet metal U which enclose the mold serve as stiffeners and support for the two tubes, as well as for the base plate. The hinged cover and the movable bottom are made of 4 mm checker plate. The base spars are made of a 50 mm square (from an old aircraft construction template), the axis of a half-hard round rest of 20 mm in diameter; the two wheels are auto trailer jockey wheels (Chinese manufacture guaranteed 8) ) that I had in stock; The uprights are in 40 mm square tube, a bar rest ... 8) The box is taken up on its four sides by 45 ° flats which connect them to the frame and leave a space outside which will probably be fixed a protection against projections ...
IMG0088C.jpg
IMG0088C.jpg (295.94 KiB) Viewed 1005 times
1 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 06/12/21, 19:56

In many industries, it is customary to name a new machine with a female given name. I suggest you baptize this one Miriam! : Lol:
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 06/12/21, 20:45

The concern is that it has already passed under the baptismal font ... : Oops:
Its name is less glamorous, although evocative, but in a completely different register: its small name is "Brikfast" 8) it's obviously a pun on a homophone in English * ... :P ... however it is not irrevocable, but the feminine first names applied to machines, I do not really feel it: it is no longer in tune with the times and so much the better ...

* In English, the word "fast" designates both the substantive "fast" and the adjective "fast".
0 x