Report container park and sorting in Belgium

Environmental impact of end of life products: plastics, chemicals, vehicles, agri-food marketing. direct recycling and recycling (upcycling or upcycling) and reuse of good items for the trash!
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by denis » 14/09/06, 21:24

with us in the isere, we have green containers for green, blue for newspaper, and yellow for boxes: very strong the boxes, it is enough that it is a container that it is plastic, in paper, metal (tin can!) that's sorting! : Shock: suddenly we don't really believe it; we do it anyway.
At the recycling center, a bunch of tires, a glass bin, a polystyrene bin, drain oil, then a scrap bucket, one of cardboard, one of plastic wood, and various, the last one is after being driven into an old quarry (they are 'stop digging when they have their feet in the water, because of the frosty tablecloth!) for burial, inside there are the paintings etc ... I was told yesterday that the guard, there was throwing a battery! while there is a place for next to the battery compartment.
when i go there i put a glass jump in the trailer with a tinker, and i come back with a full trailer : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 14/09/06, 23:07

denis wrote:(they stop digging when their feet are in the water, because of the water table!) for burial, inside there are the paintings etc. .. I was told yesterday that the guard had thrown in there a battery! while there is a

It is surely because the waste is not yet considered as a resource and waste disposal facilities are still confusedly perceived as a vague obligation that annoys more than anything else.

It is absolutely essential that the sectors are set up seriously and that all stakeholders are well aware of both the ecological interest and economic interest.
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 14/09/06, 23:23

Christine wrote:[...] Uh ... it's 1/2 skimmed but anyway the uht never really tastes very much [...]
Certainly ... But you know all the same that lipid molecules are the "support" of taste?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/09/06, 12:43

Targol wrote:Who says better ?

ME ! 8)

1) you forgot the cap (1 or 2 different plastics generally)
2) The Idelux employee told us about ..7 layers :D
3) Apparently the multilayer does not pose (too) a problem, it would be diluted and separated in an "acid" bath ...
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 15/09/06, 12:53

Christophe wrote:
Targol wrote:Who says better ?

ME ! 8)

Yes, but you don't count, you know that you are all of us! : Lol:
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/09/06, 13:08

Targol wrote:Yes, but you don't count, you know that you are all of us! : Lol:

Mwarf ... : roll:
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 15/09/06, 21:35

My subdivision has been part for more than 10 years (1995) of a selective sorting experience in Marseille. Our individual containers are collected and sorted at a center in Vitrolles. For the rest of the city it is true that this leaves something to be desired.

Already half of the people of Marseilles should find out what a trash can is. Most think it's the street ... You just have to see the number of people who throw things out of their car window, or their home ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/09/06, 21:44

Uh ok thank you for these details but the experience ... they want to do it for how long? 15, 20, 30 years?

It seems to me already very long 10 years for an "experiment" ....

I would not make any other comment on the behavior of some Marseille ...
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 15/09/06, 21:57

Since then, sorting has been extended to other districts of Marseille, but I don't know if it's under the same conditions. Regarding my mother's individual container, the sorting instructions are slightly different from mine, so a priori the post-collection treatment must be different ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/10/06, 19:59

The full report is finally available (sorry for the delay):

Part 1: sorting of waste in Belgium
Part 1: sorting at Idelux
0 x

Back to "waste, recycling and reuse of old objects"