Recycling: what to do with CDs and DVDs?

Environmental impact of end of life products: plastics, chemicals, vehicles, agri-food marketing. direct recycling and recycling (upcycling or upcycling) and reuse of good items for the trash!
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 23/12/09, 17:33

Welcome Yves

Well agree with you for the CD cases: long live the cardboard: fed up with the plastic CD cases that break when they fall : Evil:

For the rest, it's a question of profitability: will we ever be able to invest the crazy sums invested in advertising for the recycling of batteries. Finally, it is merchandising like for a laundry: national radio-TV presence, POS display, contact with the oils of the big chain stores, with the chains of stores of audio visual support and gear, distribution of sachets, contacts with national education, large administrations, municipalities, containers in recycling centers etc ..., pub any national box ....

What a budget before the first disc returns to the recycling center. 1 million euros?
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Yves CUILLANDRE
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

DVD recycling

by Yves CUILLANDRE » 23/12/09, 18:22

It's like everything else, there is a moment when the choice between comfort and necessity. Today the record and video industry has no choice and its development goes through there - it's like cars.
Industrialists and large distributors will be the first to participate.
Consumers must also find their account there.
Our project will be implemented during the first half of 2010
I reserve the first for you.
Merry Christmas to everyone.
YC : Idea:
0 x
Founding President of the oldest interactive video development studio.
I am particularly sensitive to the urgency of finding a solution for recycling CDs and DVDs. I will work with a factory on this subject in 2010 and I hope to offer in the first semester a motivating solution for the consumer of these essential and highly polluting products. To be continued
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

tesla turbine

by oli 80 » 23/12/09, 20:44

good evening this is what this person made of his old cd
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xabkw_KiLGg

well you have to know a little, personally I don't know too much, otherwise as decoration the old cd çava also
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 23/12/09, 21:07

to make new CDs you need very pure new plastic

old CDs will not make new CDs, but are largely pure enough to be used as raw material for all kinds of plastic manufacturing

it is the same problem that for all the recoveries it is necessary that all that can recover has a positive value so that those who collect have a chance to earn money

alas in france payroll taxes kill all recovery, sorting, recycling ...

it is only when it is highly subsidized that it can exist
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 23/12/09, 21:39

+1

how much is raw polycarbonate worth at industry prices?
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 23/12/09, 21:49

not very expensive: a few euros per kg

so for some CDs it's derisory: sent by post profit = loss

and again the cd plastic has this value when it is clean: dirty it is worth nothing

thrown in the recyclable trash it is worth nothing

If there were more plastic object manufacturing factories in France, these factories could buy near the recovery material: but there is nothing left: the plastic stuff is all made in China.

the few factories that remain in France are hi-tech and are not recovery clients
0 x
Alainfree
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Interesting

by Alainfree » 02/01/10, 21:40

Hello Yves,
your idea is good, it's a shame that it only happens now, it will interest especially for DVDs, I think we no longer keep CDs; a few years back we were inundated with CDs by internet service providers and I think that few people kept these CDs which are useless for them, they had to go in the trash. I do not think that many kept them like me.
0 x
rico22290
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

recycling of CDs, DVDs

by rico22290 » 25/01/10, 10:26

Hello, I live in house and use the old cd dvd to make mirrors which directs the sun rays towards the windows of my house in winter, that does not seem much but it improves the heating of the house in winter and does not cost nothing, just fix them on a recovery board in the garden in the right place and you save heating by gaining brightness.
@ soon and long live recycling and ecology. :P
0 x
sometimes a total change in lifestyle is necessary and even more beneficial.
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 25/01/10, 13:34

Doesn't it tarnish too quickly?
0 x
rico22290
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by rico22290 » 25/01/10, 13:45

it tarnish a little with the temp but it is enough to put another over it as you go (it fills the holes and improves the system) in general every 2 years sometimes less or more. : Idea:
0 x
sometimes a total change in lifestyle is necessary and even more beneficial.