Recycling in companies

Environmental impact of end of life products: plastics, chemicals, vehicles, agri-food marketing. direct recycling and recycling (upcycling or upcycling) and reuse of good items for the trash!
romu27
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Recycling in companies

by romu27 » 20/09/09, 13:45

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum currently in 1st year of DUT Hygiène sécurité environnement. I have a presentation to make on recycling policies in French companies (paper, water ...) are there standards to respect in recycling in French companies? Thank you
0 x
boubka
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by boubka » 20/09/09, 14:53

Hello
yes of course but you do a little what you want,
I explain: for example we do not force you to sort your non-hazardous waste as you may pay for the destruction.
on the other hand, some make sorting or recycling commitments by adopting an ISO 14000 environment standard
for the most part they try to keep to the European standard.
if recycling is not for them synonymous with economy then they "don't give a damn"
0 x
boubka
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by boubka » 20/09/09, 14:55

if recycling is not for them synonymous with economy then they "don't give a damn"

unless there are neighborhood bp and ... it is rather political
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 20/09/09, 21:51

There is also companies that are ISO 14000 only because their business communications are painted green.

Behind them they make no effort that it would cost them any money.
I know of one that collects a certain number of effluents in a concentrated manner (the surface treatment process in question allows it), but they are entitled to a certain quantity (tolerance) in the effluents of the factory. ...... so they dilute their shit in all the water they have available by limiting themselves just to the threshold. (Hey Ho, we respect nature, We are ISO 14000!). Whatever happens, there is no question of having any logic other than economic. : Shock: : Evil:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
boubka
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by boubka » 20/09/09, 23:00

currently in 1st year of DUT Hygiène sécurité environnement.

you have a job ... because of the standards in this area there are hundreds that change all the time, to this are added laws and decrees, exceptions, tolerances, recommendations and I probably forget. ..
all this often contradicting.
Can it be for that that our rivers and our oceans are in such a state? :frown:
and now there are European standards that are not always better, far from it. :|

I work in the industry and I know that we pollute ... but we are within the standards : Cry:
0 x
boubka
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by boubka » 20/09/09, 23:12

and then anyway even if you do not meet the standards you do not risk much (the fines are paltry and not dissuasive). all the more so that often these companies under the pretext of a crisis often put jobs in the balance

besides, I imagine that the exemptions or the controls are more "flowing" in times of crisis

money and jobs, we can't do anything about it : Evil:
0 x
romu27
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by romu27 » 26/09/09, 14:53

Thank you for his answers, so I changed my plan and replaced the third part which was to talk about the benefits for the environment by the limits (quickly reached) of companies for the protection of the environment. I find it hard to understand what ISO 14000 standards consist of (I have to explain them in English :? ) could you enlighten me? thank you
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 27/09/09, 00:02

For many chemicals, even the most unfriendly
for the environment, the sales system is not at all optimized to reduce the quantities that will end up in the wild.

The commercial wind an amount of his poison, which he recommends of course too important for the application, himself recommends renewal and expiration to be sure to place a maximum. If these recommendations are not respected .... there is no longer any commitment on results, quality etc ... (Captive Client Method).

The customer is there to pay, and to cope with rejections and regulations. The manufacturer is there to wash his hands and has no interest in reducing the quantities and the toxicity of his poison.

There is another method, clearly more responsible (not necessarily much more expensive for the manufacturer).
The manufacturer no longer sells a product but a full service for his chemical. He completely manages the cycle: supply of the product, dosage of the quantities, renewal, expiration, discharge of effluents and recycling of what can be.

As if by chance the quantities of product used decrease drastically, the dosages change, the renewal decreases significantly, the expiration dates climb up with gaillardage, products classified as non-recyclable become so as if by magic, the chemical composition changes because ... c is expensive to deal with this shit. The quality of the process is always guaranteed .... : Mrgreen:

From a certain installation size (to be defined), the second method should be made compulsory, where the manufacturer of the poison himself takes charge of effluent treatment and recycling ... The chemical impact of manufacturers on the environment would be very positively affected because this time, their profits increase with the decrease in rejections.
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132