Recycling and business

Environmental impact of end of life products: plastics, chemicals, vehicles, agri-food marketing. direct recycling and recycling (upcycling or upcycling) and reuse of good items for the trash!
ENERC
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: Recycling and business

by ENERC » 03/05/20, 18:50

phil12 wrote:Bonjour,

A very interesting return on certain faces of recycling:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/la-d%C3% ... les-dauzet

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/ur ... 717054976/

In practice recycling is impossible (except paper).
Take the example of glass:
- in the bins we have white glass, brown glass (beer) and greenish glass (wine / beer).
- if we want to make white glass how do we do ??? Well, we are making it new. It is almost impossible to remove iron oxides from even molten glass.
- and therefore basically we can only make green bottles with recycled glass.

PET is only recycled a few times because in the long run it becomes brittle, and nobody really wants to see their bottle of mineral water leak.

Cardboard recycles well.

Other plastics cannot be recycled (yoghurt pots, trays, ...).

For metals, we are left with two alloys: non-ferrous and ferrous which are separated by a like after collection. But they are in effect not pure and difficult to reuse.

Non-PET plastics are used to dry the bins before incineration.
To avoid having to dry the garbage cans before incineration, composters should be placed everywhere on the streets. It would make compost with plants (well for those who do not spend their lives at the macdo or restaurant).

In fact we sort the trash to get a good conscience.
In Germany, bottles, glass yogurt pots, cans, bricks and plastic bottles are kept. As a result, around 90% of these products are recycled. Why not imitate them?

Indeed the right solution is the instruction: we wash and reuse.

It's not all black either: I have a friend who cooks who recycles all kitchen waste to make fruit tree compost. The owner of the restaurant put large composers outside.
0 x