Recovery of green waste in short circuit

Environmental impact of end of life products: plastics, chemicals, vehicles, agri-food marketing. direct recycling and recycling (upcycling or upcycling) and reuse of good items for the trash!
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Recovery of green waste in short circuit

by Ahmed » 15/04/20, 14:36

Sicetaitsimple, you write:
... regardless of the treatment process chosen (composting vs shredding)

There is no opposition to the primary mode of processing green waste: the two downstream solutions require prior grinding ...
As for economies of scale, they can be envisaged by moving the crusher to neighboring municipalities, since it will not rotate permanently: this point is rather the responsibility of the municipality and the agreements it can conclude (which depend a lot of relationships).
On the question of tonnages, I lack data and at the moment it is not easy to collect ... We must not forget two important parameters:
- the direct processing will be done on the basis of voluntary contributions (and withdrawals) and will not affect the possibility of resorting to conventional recycling centers.
- certain waste may be excluded from direct treatment for technical reasons and will be reintegrated into the conventional process.

Regarding costs, that of grinding is deducted from that of the volume to be transported, so it is not an additional charge; remains to be seen at the level of his assignment, but it is an administrative matter which does not fall within my competence.
Last remark: in spite of its rural character, this small commune tends to become essentially a dormitory town, therefore a residential annex of the nearby agglomeration. This therefore indicates practices that are predominantly urban rather than strictly rural.

@ Paul72: far from being stupid, it is obviously a very good idea, but it is a project that can only be envisaged after the success of the first phase given the limited means of departure. I think that the evolution will take place quite naturally and would be desirable since the extension of the practice of the garden to people who do not have access to it and also, why not to schoolchildren, would be a great educational tool ... which did not escape me! 8)
The alternation between two plots is not an absolute imperative by juggling a little with the type of crop according to the contribution ... In addition, it would be an opportunity to propagate in parallel the use of hay which is completely complementary (Did will come and lend a hand!).

Hey Christophe! You could at least make the effort to read my introductory speech instead of contenting yourself with the title and going live "live" ... : Lol: If you continue, I will report to the admin and know that it is not convenient! : Mrgreen:
1 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 15/04/20, 15:09

Ahmed wrote:On the question of tonnages, I lack data and at the moment it is not easy to collect ...

I absolutely do not want to argue, I like the basic idea.
But launching a "waste treatment" project without having a fairly reliable idea of ​​the treatable potential does seem a little light to me.
Unless it is you who does everything on a voluntary basis by "paying" yourself for the use of shreds, but that has limits.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/04/20, 15:24

Ahmed wrote:Hey Christophe! You could at least make the effort to read my introductory speech instead of contenting yourself with the title and going live "live" ... : Lol: If you continue, I will report to the admin and know that it is not convenient! : Mrgreen:

I know that denouncement is in fashion at the moment but there you exaggerate: I know that it is not convenient at all !! : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 15/04/20, 15:41

I did not have to be clear: it is obvious that my participation in this project in its educational and structural aspects will be voluntary, but it will be the municipal staff (well, he is all alone!) Who will be in charge of "physical" operations. . There is no question of "remunerating" me in kind, unless it produced annoying surpluses at a time when I would be in a position to use them *, but this is absolutely not the aim of the project and precisely, the most It will be less difficult to convince to bring branches than to use shredded material and that is therefore the essential part of my task.
I had mentioned in the other thread on "crusher and BRF" that, in the past, I had been contacted by a community of communes for a project aimed at reducing transport costs: they were so obsessed with this factor that other practical aspects have not been seriously considered and nothing has happened. The error of the community of communes was to want to reduce the volume to be transported without really worrying about the ad hoc technique and even less about the downstream sector.
For me, at the risk of repeating myself in another formulation, the limiting factor is clearly the quantity of ground material that will be the subject of a demand from the population. It is therefore not the maximum admissible quantity of waste, knowing that it can be regulated through the usual process. Hence this idea of ​​starting in a limited area to properly assess the right choices.

* Normally, on average, I am perfectly self-sufficient, but I am moving in the direction of an improvement in the coincidence between supply and use.
Last edited by Ahmed the 15 / 04 / 20, 15: 52, 1 edited once.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 15/04/20, 15:46

@ Christophe: Well! It’s okay this time, but I’m not going to take you back then! Anyway, fashion and denouncing are not "my thing"! : Mrgreen:
1 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 15/04/20, 17:05

Ahmed wrote: It is therefore not the maximum admissible quantity of waste, knowing that it can be regulated through the usual process. Hence this idea of ​​starting in a limited area to properly assess the right choices.

OK, I misunderstood, hence some misunderstandings. It is not in your mind to replace the existing sector, which would continue to exist, but to "divert" part of the volumes for more local use, less expensive in transport and more beneficial in agronomic terms? That's right?
In which case the problem is actually a little different, even if it is not necessarily simpler : Lol: !
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 15/04/20, 18:21

You have understood everything! 8)
The idea is actually to significantly reduce the volumes destined for composting in the long term, by setting up a substitute sector. The gain on volumes will be more easily on a fraction of the total volumes (certain plants are more difficult to treat with a material of reasonable size), but by extending the care through other municipalities.
The choice is therefore not to focus on a particular municipality by trying to capture the entire outgoing flow ...

We still have time to discuss it, because once deconfinement is present, there will still be a lag time before having the credits. It is a facility which the municipality will not be deprived of: there is abundant funding for everything that is a little greenish, since these operations then justify operations to destroy nature and serve as a screen for them.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 15/04/20, 18:50

Ahmed wrote: because once the deconfinement is present, there will still be a lag time before having the credits. It is a facility which the municipality will not be deprived of: there is abundant funding for everything that is a little greenish, since these operations then justify operations to destroy nature and serve as a screen for them.

??
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 15/04/20, 20:39

because once the deconfinement is present, there will still be a lag time before having the credits. It is a facility which the municipality will not be deprived of: there is abundant funding for everything that is a little greenish, since these operations then justify operations to destroy nature and serve as a screen for them.

:!: :!: :!:
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 15/04/20, 20:56

Ahmed wrote:
because once the deconfinement is present, there will still be a lag time before having the credits. It is a facility which the municipality will not be deprived of: there is abundant funding for everything that is a little greenish, since these operations then justify operations to destroy nature and serve as a screen for them.

:!: :!: :!:

Would you contribute through your initiatives to operations to destroy nature? Shoot yourself in the head right away, it will be much easier. : roll:
0 x