Recovery: fridge turned into a heat pump?

Environmental impact of end of life products: plastics, chemicals, vehicles, agri-food marketing. direct recycling and recycling (upcycling or upcycling) and reuse of good items for the trash!
patrice1964
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Recovery: fridge turned into a heat pump?

by patrice1964 » 09/01/08, 11:41

Hello,
I replace my fridge with a new model, for the old one, there is the resale ... bofff ... the collection point or a DIY idea for what remains a heat pump to the power certe modest.
In short, I am looking for a DIY idea, hobby for this old but still functional material.

Thank you for your ideas and suggestion

Happy new year to all, Patrice
0 x
Patrice
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/01/08, 11:58

Mmmm the idea may be interesting technologically but there is a lot of work adaptation and I do not know if technically it is feasible.

Pitmix if you see this message, what is the COP hot side of a fridge?
(my classes are too far!)

I move the subject to "Direct recycling"
0 x
Willaupuis
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Willaupuis » 09/01/08, 19:16

hi patrice ,,,

in the city of peruwelz near me there is a company whose internet address is:
http://www.eurosolarenergie.net/index.p ... &Itemid=33

he builds what he calls thermodynamic panels, I went to see them in December for the photovoltaic and could not resist the temptation nor that of the representative to show me his system ,,, in fact, it sends a gas decompress in gaseous form at about -10 ° C in an evaporator outside the building (it is a black metal plate in which have been molded or formed about 35m of pipework if I remember correctly) or it is reheated by the ambient air outside the sun when there is, then it compresses and recovers calories, according to them it is a more efficient system because it does not need sun ,,, but without sun and by negative temperature of less than -5 ° the efficiency is very low to almost zero, of course there is the power consumption of the compressor but the I do not have any figures I did not dig more the question. (system that does not benefit from solar water heater premiums)

but let's say that with the material of your fridge that you recovered you could build in the same idea I think ...

if you have specific questions I could go see them for you.
0 x
if everyone agrees is that people thought
loop
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by loop » 10/01/08, 07:01

Hello

The principle described on this page is that of an air-water heat pump coupled to a surface that is similar to a solar thermal panel, but without the insulation to exchange heat well in the case where the temperature of the air is more interesting

When to realize the same principle in self-construction, it's something else
Firstly, in the old refitters, the gas used is not neutral (freon), so there is no question of opening the circuit :frown:
Second, the operating temperature of the compressor and the gas is not the same in the case of a refigerator and that of a heat pump, or a risk of premature destruction : Cry:

You can always do the test by placing a bucket of warm water in the refrigerant compartment, say 20 ° C and measure its cooling according to the electrical power consumed, it will give an idea of ​​the performance

A+
0 x
loop
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by loop » 10/01/08, 07:25

In any case the concept is interesting, I did not know that it existed in ready-made solution

Thank you for this link Willaupiuis, to you a price id of their system?

Especially not a word to Christophe, he does not like PAC : Mrgreen:

PS: Willaupuis, where are you with your wind turbine?

A+
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 10/01/08, 10:03

for electric heat pumps:

there are not only electric compressors in life, there are also the mechanical ones!

first fridges, air compressors ... we can operate them with a mechanical movement (wind, hydraulic, ...).

I think in particular air compressor cars! :D

after you have to see the power available ...
0 x
patrice1964
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by patrice1964 » 10/01/08, 11:33

Hello,
Not connected since yesterday ... thank you all for your ideas / answers. I assure you, for me, it's more to look for a DIY idea and far from me the idea of ​​opening the circuit, it would make it innooperative without talking about the problems of pollution related to gas!
I understand the principle of the thermo panel, it is a heat pump that in addition to take a few joules in the ambient air, takes advantage of the surplus available by radiation on sunny days, we can say that it is a solar panel thermal or heat extraction is assisted by a heat pump. Well, to dig, but it is true that it is necessary to check the compatibility of the temperatures of the cycle with those acceptable for a refrigerant fluid.

Thank you all, Patrice
0 x
Patrice
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 10/01/08, 12:09

hello, for the car comrpesseur circuit, if there is no risk of frost, we can even use water ...
the whole circuit can recover on a car, there is the radiator, fan, regulator, etc ...
Remains that it takes a lot of power to the car compressor to operate, even with an electric motor ...
antifreeze if risk of frost, heat transfer fluid type solar thermal water heater
0 x
Willaupuis
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Willaupuis » 10/01/08, 17:28

loop wrote:In any case the concept is interesting, I did not know that it existed in ready-made solution

Thank you for this link Willaupiuis, to you a price id of their system?

Especially not a word to Christophe, he does not like PAC : Mrgreen:

PS: Willaupuis, where are you with your wind turbine?

A+

for the price I think that for a complete installation with the boiller 150 Liters it must be if my memory is good in the 3000 euros but I it is to check and without premiums for the moment,

ps: for my wind turbine it turns : Cheesy: but I still have not received the inverter so for now it is hot water and I plugged it on a modified convector but I can not measure for now the kw product is soon ( I hope) see my blog
0 x
if everyone agrees is that people thought
loop
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by loop » 11/01/08, 07:01

Hello

Thank you for the info

What is a pity about the system is that the gas circulates in the exchanger panels
It is preferable that the gas remains in the group and that it includes two internal exchangers for a coolant: one for the circulation of water from the heat source (here are the panels) and one for water hot produced

Other advantages: reliability, the gas circuit is never open, and we can size the sensor circuit as it sees fit, see vary the source (solar, well, geothermal, aerothermal, buffer, etc. ..) and choose the most favorable according to the temperature and / or sunshine of the day, using valves

A+
0 x

Back to "waste, recycling and reuse of old objects"