Cheap seed pot

Environmental impact of end of life products: plastics, chemicals, vehicles, agri-food marketing. direct recycling and recycling (upcycling or upcycling) and reuse of good items for the trash!
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 19/04/11, 21:29

Completely agree with your remarks, the taste is a function of the variety, the terroir, the soil, the sun, drought or not, the moment, etc. for tomatoes (often tasteless in trade, much better fresh than frozen !!)), fruit (the muscat grape is so good that I don't understand that we can grow anything else to eat in the world and the fruits picked up on the tree, so much better) and hens frolicking and pecking at everything, in particular earthworms (almost impossible to find on the market), are infinitely better in taste (and also for health, because full of omega3, scientifically proven and analyzed) than other hens who always eat the same thing !!
Last edited by dedeleco the 19 / 04 / 11, 23: 15, 1 edited once.
0 x
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 19/04/11, 22:46

re,

Puré Dedelco it's beautiful I also almost want to taste an earthworm, good allelz go for the glass later the earth;).

see you
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 20/04/11, 06:51

bidouille23 wrote:Re,

yield ??? it may not all be as simple as summing everything up to performance.

The yield is what the farm manager asks the farmer who are tied up and can only do one thing have the yield and fill the cotas, on pain of losing everything by seizing the bank.

Anyway, sorry for you if you can't tell the difference between two different tastes, I don't know, but when I eat a tomato or another it tastes like tomatoes, but not that tomatoes have their own taste.

Otherwise, if we assume that one tomato is the same as another and that only the yield counts, then maybe we can generalize to all kinds of fruits and vegetables, right?

So for fruit I will take an example that speaks of apple :) .
Eat a cider apple and tell me if it's the same as a knife apple.
Eat a musca grape and a grape with small grain for the wine, and according to the grape variety of the vine, and according to the soil, all tastes change.
In short, a tomato is not worth another, that's what I find and think.

Keep your yield I keep my taste :) it is without regret on my part;).

short good evening see you

B146 Big Beef: RED
Fans love this Beefsteak variety of red color. Vigorous plants.
High tolerance to several diseases. Very uniform and productive. Remarkable for its
flavor. (73 days).

Not even sold in France!

How can you comment on its taste?

I am lucky to eat my tomatoes all year round, not cooked as everyone does but frozen to cook, do you have an idea of ​​the price of 150 kg of good tomato on the market?

Isn't that ecological?

Canada exports more tomatoes than the USA despite a northern climate, the taste and the quality must have something to do with it, right? 8)
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 20/04/11, 09:53

hello Alain,

so you go there and you look with your eyes, you will count around 400 different tomato breeds, most of them old, then you excuse me but your beef thingy well I still don't want it and your productivity means nothing :) .

If you search you will find widely as good as your beef stuff, and if you still look well, you will see that most of the tomatoes come from the USA and Russia;) surprising no :) .

So you've already tried the white tomatoes and are green and bigarea;), stop AlainG you don't know everything is humble of livers and, don't say that what you do is the best.

You manage with your 150 Kg ok, depending on the culture method it can actually respect the environment and respect your body.

I am not saying that they are not good indeed, I have not tasted it, but I tell you that talking about yield it comes down to reducing fruit or vegetable to little.

To reduce it to its resistance either, it is a whole, a small puny and not very productive plant has is essential to have a beautiful productive plant look at the cherries the strawberries etc;)

and often with the little production you also have the very good taste which is called come back arrfff and still or too little actually but it is the pleasure too;).

Now why the americans buy tomatoes from you ?? well maybe because they make others do what they don't want to do at home, or else because they pay less at home;), and then which American buys your tomatoes?
Here are aces all year round too and well they are not good point, except in summer, otherwise they are only hydro liquid tomatoes.

I remind you that we are on the old continent here;), and there is the holland next to it, do you talk about greenhouse cultivation or ???
I perfectly fit the hydro aero nft system and may have all the other systems and their limits, except the last ones which have arrived for two or three years which are completely organic, bacteria filter and organic fertilizer;), but this only remains once again only above ground.

In short I will not fight I am neither the time nor the desire, I congratulate you on your harvest and hope that you will just open your eyes to what is still possible to try.

So I keep my taste and you your performance again and without saying that I am right about anything, it's just my choice and yours is just as commendable.
Everything is at best in the best of worlds and your action is already proof of a respectable will.

So good day on this and more
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 20/04/11, 13:43

hack

I have the impression of hearing a true Frenchman like those who said the same thing with wine without wanting to innovate under the pretext of the terroir!

Result: fall in sales and destruction of French vineyards!

I still have 30 cm of snow on the ground and we are announcing a snowstorm today which means that the summer season will be very short and my supply of tomatoes from my region too, I know tomatoes well to have tried several rare varieties but I prefer this one after 23 years of personal production!

I got my supplies from this nursery a few km from my home, which has a very wide variety:

http://www.pepinierejeangagne.com/2011p ... 202011.pdf
0 x

Alain
cortejuan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by cortejuan » 20/04/11, 14:05

Hello cousin of the beautiful province ...

super interesting your site dedicated to tomatoes from home. The list is important and the products rather nice, it changes a bit of the marmande ...

Good luck in the snow, I live in a region known to be cold (by foreigners to the region). Here it is super hot, in my greenhouses, despite the sails and the regulation systems it exceeds 40 degrees C.

cordially
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 20/04/11, 14:28

Thank you cortejuan! :D

Yes this small producer has a good variety of tomatoes that we do not find elsewhere a pity that my greenhouse is not large enough to keep some species but my choice goes on the production without losing sight of the taste!

Anyway the taste depends on a lot of factors like ripening on the plan, the freshness of the tomato and of course the soil in which we plant it, I developed my techniques for a good yield without altering the taste, everything those around me love my tomatoes because we compare them with each other and I win the palm every time!

Here is a link where you can see my greenhouse and my production:

https://www.econologie.com/forums/parasite-s ... 46-10.html

Here we see the same tomato 2 days apart, it grows and without any fertilizer other than peat moss:

https://www.econologie.com/forums/parasite-s ... 46-40.html

Last year on the same date we got a tan! : Evil:
0 x

Alain
cortejuan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by cortejuan » 20/04/11, 21:27

Hi,

bravo for the performance! I have the same tendencies, the cultivation of plants reputed to be impossible at home, it does not always work ...

To come back to the subject of the post, I use a lot of white, more or less ringed plastic milk bottles. It is a technique developed by palm freaks (of which I am one). Just cut with a pair of scissors above the crenellated area, (before the neck narrows). We drill with a drill two, three holes at the bottom (diameter 10mm) and we get an excellent pot which has the advantage of being deeper than wide, which is excellent for plants with deep roots.

cordially
0 x
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 21/04/11, 16:03

Bonjour,

Alain I am from Earth and then if you want to give me a nationality I am Breton :) , and finally French;).

Otherwise actually I am a defender of the land, and whatever you can say will not change the fact that you have tasted certain things but not everything, like trying some species but not the 400 present on the link provided above. So your choice is respectable although when I read your messages I have the impression to see an American spirit;), so between us there is not one better than the other;).

I persist and sign, but in addition I try hydro, nft, aero (for cuttings it's great with the myst maker;)), land, and some hybrid systems.
In the end I come back to the earth, and I lose a hint of yield, but I gain in taste and texture so here I keep the earth and put some ground green, plants such as mustard, clover, achilles (medicinal plant in addition), the oellet of India anti-fly etc etc.

Everyone sees noon at their door I respect your choice even if I don't adhere to it :) .

Otherwise Corte, it comes back to do as with the pvc tubes, it's nickel I agree, I would drink milk or I would have stuff in bottles like that I would do the same :) .

If not to finish I think that hybrid mules lose their lives in the speed of hybridization, I explain:

Have created hybrid on hybrid on hybrid etcc, what does it give?
For me and not that me, it produces a transformation greater than the loss of taste, and the standardization of the cultures (which is already very serious in itself), it happens that the new hybrid pers little after its "vital force "the one that also feeds us, and the one that allows it to reproduce, these hybrids are therefore found in the state of mule.
In short the Canadian know how to plant tomatoes better than the American and have better yields, and this story of taste is pipo lol, ok I agree, I stay in my world we are there there is full of different colors and shapes and tastes and that's good, you see what everything is in the best of the best of worlds;).

Lol destruction of vineyards ?? do not worry about our vineyards and our wine, if you want I would even introduce you to young winegrowers who make organic wine without sulfite, to be consumed within 15 days but what is it good mmm.
I do not say that we have the best wine, no no, there are good ones everywhere but it is the earth that gives the taste, the same grape planted 2 m apart with the same cultivation method n don't have the same taste, it doesn't make you think about that ???

and it is the same for all plants, the only problem is that the taste is an education;), well yes if you do not teach you by making you taste good and varied thing it is already not won ;).

short it is vast and complex the taste, after in the tastes there are the frank and the subtle that make all the difference, you talk to a former lover of a good dish of French gastronomy;), and Breton mmm but a little fat in general lol.
In short I keep my taste and you your performance.
And it's all in the best of all worlds :)

Kenavo
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 21/04/11, 16:47

hack

In short, your conclusion is that you are a better taster than me!

I tell you that my tomatoes have nothing to envy to our terroir, even classified organic!

For hydroponics here in Quebec, a producer called Savoura, well I maintain that "out of season" I prefer it to any product that is imported and green quilli on the plant and possibly irradiated to keep it longer!

The climate has led us to develop high-performance hydroponic cultures both in terms of taste and quantity, moreover they are more expensive than all other imported products, which leaves us wondering about the reason for their success!

Hybrid does not necessarily mean genetically modified, but can also come from the transplant, which I think is natural!

Conclusion: as you can not taste these hydroponic tomatoes and mine, it can only confirm the reason for the collapse of French vineyards thinking like you and I find it unfortunate for my French cousins!

I would like you to understand that I do not have the available land space that you seem to have and that photos of your garden and your tomatoes would be welcome as well as the varieties that you plant! : Mrgreen:
0 x

Alain