Polluter Polluters and (ne) Fast Foods

Environmental impact of end of life products: plastics, chemicals, vehicles, agri-food marketing. direct recycling and recycling (upcycling or upcycling) and reuse of good items for the trash!
Former Oceano

Polluter Polluters and (ne) Fast Foods

by Former Oceano » 08/05/07, 22:01

Yesterday when I got home from work by bike, I encountered rubbish coming from Fast Food in several places (no jealous, the 2 brands were represented in all of the 4 'disaster zones' seen). Then came to me an idea:

In order to somewhat erase the VAT gap between traditional catering - for which one does not take one's plate to throw it in the street - and fast food where one takes the meal and that many are the people who leave the reliefs , like containers in nature, it would be desirable to introduce an ecological tax on the products taken according to their weight and their composition. The heavier they are, the higher the tax, the more the product will be ecologically harmful, the more its use will be taxed.

It does not need to be very high, but this participation will compensate for the rotting of our living environments by cups + straws, hamburger packaging, salads and sachets and various towels ...
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 08/05/07, 23:18

if there were only fast food (it's so yuck that fortunately it's fast, dixit Le Chat de Geluck)
but it's everywhere, with everything!

the first thing would be to study scientifically Why such behavior?

for my part, it is rather the cockpit of my partner who is yucky and from time to time, I take my courage with both hands and with the other my trash bag

it is quite significant to note that, on the other hand, school children have been "trained" to throw in the trash, to sort, etc. for many years. Is it a rejection of the rules of society, is it something else, a quasi-psychoanalytic analysis would be interesting to do to lay the foundations of a communication campaign and I am convinced that both Mac Quick that Mac Machin would be stakeholders: their image is at stake!

Now let's not just designate the big chains as scapegoats: we, from frit 'land, we see that the customers of frit'kot do the same!
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 09/05/07, 00:51

Being fairly familiar with the case.
A Q. at 150m and an MD at 600m.

Some evenings from 22pm to midnight, a car stops in the street of my housing estate and restores, with some music too. When there is music, it's the worst.
At the end, leftover food strews down the sidewalk and the street. The musicos don't get bored; they start and balance everything in the middle of the street…

At the beginning, I went to grumble at the incriminated manager who promised to come and pick up ...
But when he left his house, in the parking lot opposite, piles of rubbish littered the ground ... If they weren't cleaning in the immediate vicinity, it was not to do it further! ...
How many times have I wanted to tumble everything in the store, around noon…
The mayor, who authorized the establishment of the restaurant a week before it was no longer possible, was entitled to the chapter too.
Thereafter I watched, and when a can fell on the ground, I went out to ask them gently to pick up, doing a little moral. Half the time, I was insulted, by young tipsy.
Subsequently, I was less reckless, and with a pickaxe handle not too far away ...
Now in the morning it swells me to go pick up, so I leave to the winds.
If a waste comes against my house, I pick it up.
What annoys me, in addition to the notorious incivility of some, is this waste of various packaging.
If there is a tax, people will throw it even more willingly ...
the tax on these restaurants will be collected by the state, but the residues will always be chargeable to residents ...
So ?
An awareness-raising advertising campaign by the brands in question would be desirable.
I had proposed to the mayor and the manager that there be a traceability system:
After 21:30 p.m., when a car with 4 young people inside stops to buy 4 meals, it is not to take the highway, but to eat a little further in a quiet place, and necessarily throw away the remains of milkshake, can or mayonnaise ,. that they are not going to keep in the car. ; at night, the bins are difficult to find, : Mrgreen: (thanks vigipirate), the remains will end up in the wild.
So, the driver of the Drive notes the registration number of the car, is transcribed on the served packaging (or according to a corresponding number).

To a garbage found on the ground, corresponds the store, and after investigation the number of the car having transported the accused buyer.
The problem would be quickly resolved, and civility would return as if by magic ...
:D
0 x
goodeco
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by goodeco » 09/05/07, 08:15

gegyx wrote: So, the driver of the Drive notes the registration number of the car, is transcribed on the served packaging (or according to a corresponding number).

To a garbage found on the ground, corresponds the store, and after investigation the number of the car having transported the accused buyer.
The problem would be quickly resolved, and civility would return as if by magic ...
:D

That's a good : Idea: and I will add the costs of research and file + recovery of garbage will be at the expense for a part to the restorer and the other to the polluter.
That way, the restaurateur will look for a real solution so that it does not cost him too much.
0 x
In eternal learning
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 09/05/07, 08:47

It is an idea...
It reminds me of the cameras that monitor the streets of certain cities (I don't know where) and which are equipped with speakers ...
When someone commits incivility, a control center operator tells him in the loudspeaker to pick up or clean up ...

It also reminds me of the LE PRISONIER series : Shock:
0 x
goodeco
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by goodeco » 09/05/07, 08:59

citro wrote:It is an idea...
It reminds me of the cameras that monitor the streets of certain cities (I don't know where) and which are equipped with speakers ...
When someone commits incivility, a control center operator tells him in the loudspeaker to pick up or clean up ...

It also reminds me of the LE PRISONIER series : Shock:

: Cheesy: and yes and you are number 6 (6tro) : Cheesy:
0 x
In eternal learning
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 09/05/07, 11:12

goodeco wrote:
citro wrote: It also reminds me of the LE PRISONIER series : Shock:

: Cheesy: and yes and you are number 6 (6tro) : Cheesy:

I am not a number!
:!: : Shock: : Evil: :x : Lol:
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 10/05/07, 09:51

Geggyx wrote:

I had proposed to the mayor and the manager that there be a traceability system:
After 21:30 p.m., when a car with 4 young people inside stops to buy 4 meals, it is not to take the highway, but to eat a little further in a quiet place, and necessarily throw away the remains of milkshake, can or mayonnaise ,. that they are not going to keep in the car. ; at night, the garbage cans being difficult to find, Mr. Green (thank you vigipirate), the remains will end up in the wild.
So, the driver of the Drive notes the registration number of the car, is transcribed on the served packaging (or according to a corresponding number).

Isn't your head better? : Evil:

don't you think he already has enough tricks and systems to get us involved? In my opinion, such a system constitutes a breach of the laws on respect for privacy: one could for example determine that you went to such and such a place to have lunch with your mistress!

in addition, I think you would find people vicious enough to remove the bar codes of thrown objects: only the naive would be punished

I would rather propose an eco-tax of 1 euro per meal taken away which would make it possible to hire young unemployed people with few qualifications to take care of all this waste, but I believe more in an advertising campaign in which the channels would be involved: they have advertisers skilled enough to also use it to promote their brand image.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
goodeco
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by goodeco » 11/05/07, 12:35

elephant wrote:Geggyx wrote:

After 21:30 p.m., when a car with 4 young people inside stops to buy 4 meals, it is not to take the highway, but to eat a little further in a quiet place, and necessarily throw away the remains of milkshake, can or mayonnaise ,. that they are not going to keep in the car. ; at night, the garbage cans being difficult to find, Mr. Green (thank you vigipirate), the remains will end up in the wild.

Isn't your head better? : Evil:

don't you think he already has enough tricks and systems to get us involved? In my opinion, such a system constitutes an infraction of the laws on respect for privacy: one could for example determine that you went to such and such a place to have lunch with your mistress!

I allow myself to answer but not in place of Geggyx.
If you pay by check or credit card they can find out.
It is certainly not the best solution.
But when I see incivism in Marseille I come to think that there is only the hard method to get there.

elephant wrote:wrote:
in addition, I think you would find people vicious enough to remove the bar codes from thrown objects: only the naive would be punished.

It will just be enough of a traceability system, shower style on all that we give you + your registration number and you quill vicious.

elephant wrote:wrote:
I would rather propose an eco-tax of 1 euro per meal taken away which would make it possible to hire young unemployed people with few qualifications to take care of all this waste, but I believe more in an advertising campaign in which the channels would be involved: they have advertisers skilled enough to also use it to promote their brand image.

Why not but I doubt that the person who will take care of the waste will do it more than 200 meters around the fast thing.

As for advertising it should have been done (a bit like on pubs or leaflets where there is the mention of not throwing on the public highway), but I guess it is not their concerns.
0 x
In eternal learning
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 11/05/07, 13:37

traceability: no, precisely that is what I had imagined: unique bar code and link with the registration number and this is where the vicious in my genre would be rampant.
Anyway, I am opposed to this kind of traceability, especially that I see well in construction sites: it is one that goes to drive in with a car that is not his and others that eat and can be fourth who throw.

eco-tax: it is a national eco-tax, not a contribution to the operator's costs, to strengthen road cleaning services, rest areas, etc.
or we would end up creating low-skilled jobs
or at the closing of the drive-ins, which would not be a bad thing: let's stop thinking about cars!
0 x

Back to "waste, recycling and reuse of old objects"