Aluminum paper, "rare" plastics, micro waste ... tr

Environmental impact of end of life products: plastics, chemicals, vehicles, agri-food marketing. direct recycling and recycling (upcycling or upcycling) and reuse of good items for the trash!
Olivier22
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Aluminum paper, "rare" plastics, micro waste ... tr

by Olivier22 » 26/01/09, 01:55

Hello
I create this post to submit to you the different questions that I ask myself daily when I sort my waste.

* Can we dispose of the aluminum foil which is very present as an undercoat in the packaging (chocolate, cookies, etc.) in the metal bin?
I found that not on some sites; yes on others.
Aluminum can be isolated by eddy currents so I would tend to think that yes, what do you think? Does the fact that this waste is very small and light have any influence?

* This brings up my second question: size. Do you know if a small piece of torn paper (receipts, subway tickets, etc.), an insulated bottle cap, etc., can be treated with larger waste in sorting centers?

* 3rd question: plastics. Apparently, the only treaties are types 1 and 2 (the 1 is PE and the 2 I know more). Supposedly because the other types are too infrequent.
I find that they are not that rare ...
Does the type of sorting depend on the zones, or is it a national standard? I really want to put these plastics with the others in case
Moreover, on some packaging (box of foal powder, some yogurts) there is not marked the type of plastic.

* Finally, the dirt. Should we wash the yogurt pots, the butter papers, the shower gel bottles? I know that it is advised, but concretely, the dirt (nontoxic) does it really have an importance during the grinding or the recasting? I guess everything is re-washed before being processed, they wouldn't take the risk of making yogurt fleeces.

Please answer these questions, if there is a scholar on the subject among you; in any case it is not the municipality which can do it ("everything is on the brochure that we distribute to you every year, gnagna", yes "all" that is to say not much)
0 x
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 26/01/09, 09:17

For yogurt pots, normally they are not recycled as far as I know. The mass washing balance recovered is bad.

As for small pieces of iron or aluminum, I sort them the most. The aluminized papers or medicine plates when I can I put them in the milk carton. I tell myself that anyway this product consists of a layer of cardboard, one of aluminum and another of plastic.
I do not know if it is good, if you want to do too well you do wrong but as said above the directives are not the same in all the municipalities.
When I look in the collection bins considering the way it is sorted, I tell myself that a large part must be incinerated anyway.

When I lived in the countryside with 8 people at home we produced less than 1kg of unsorted waste per week composed of jars of yogurt and overwrapping or thermoformed plastic

In cities waste should be classified:

What rotten

What is recyclable even a very small piece Because with a little technique it is easy to sort then

What is not for the moment: thermoformed plastic, dirty papers, diapers) etc ..... dirty pots (in some places they collect the bottles of oil this should not however be easy to degrease)

I do not understand that those who collect the glass ask that people remove the lids, the caps, etc ...
Result: on the bins or near people leave caps and lids suddenly other shit too.
While in any case on the glass there are pieces (flange) of plastic or scrap as well as labels and that the glass they wash and break so super easy to sort.
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 27/01/09, 20:31

Hello Olivier22
Olivier22 wrote:Aluminum can be isolated by eddy currents so I would tend to think that yes, what do you think? Does the fact that this waste is very small and light have any influence?

Rather, aluminum can be detected by eddy currents but the most interesting would be to be able to separate it from the rest. But there it is more difficult (than chemical way?). It is easier with magnetic materials, good grinding (energy consuming :frown:) + electro magnet and voila.

For the size / concentration of the waste this is a very good question, from when can we consider an econological recovery? For example, for milk bottles (Tetrabrick), the amount of aluminum is very low compared to paper . I would like someone to explain to me how it is "profitable".
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132