Motorola to Telethon for Recycling GMS / Laptops

Environmental impact of end of life products: plastics, chemicals, vehicles, agri-food marketing. direct recycling and recycling (upcycling or upcycling) and reuse of good items for the trash!
Christophe

Motorola to Telethon for Recycling GMS / Laptops

by Christophe » 17/11/06, 15:56

For the second consecutive year, from September 20 to December 4, 2006, Motorola is organizing a collection of used phones and will donate the proceeds of the resale, excluding logistics costs, to TELETHON.

http://www.telethon-motorola.com/
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 17/11/06, 17:04

Basically, the idea is good.

Too bad it comes from a company that voluntarily maintains the obsolescence of its products to sell them better and which, moreover, is responsible - indirectly, of course - for a good part of electromagnetic pollution.

If we add to this the brand new ecotax, which means that the consumer pays the costs of recycling their phone when they buy it, the operation will be very beneficial for the 2007 telethon: Motorola will receive money to recycle the phones and restore its image inexpensively.
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
saveplanet
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by saveplanet » 17/11/06, 17:24

Of course, Motorola does not do this in a totally altruistic way ... it gains in image and notoriety, something that is not negligible!
Do not be fooled, this operation is for Motorola a big promotion but for the Telethon, there will never be too many actions carried out. In addition, thank you for the info because I have 2 cell phones waiting so I will be able to take the opportunity to do a double good deed.
0 x
Together we can change the

Back to "waste, recycling and reuse of old objects"