EPSON: honeycomb cardboard VS polystyrene

Environmental impact of end of life products: plastics, chemicals, vehicles, agri-food marketing. direct recycling and recycling (upcycling or upcycling) and reuse of good items for the trash!
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 06/07/15, 15:24

So, there, the assessment is made by judging the consistency of the product obtained: you add polystyrene until you get something that is close to an ordinary varnish ... Avoid making a mixture too pasty, because it is so difficult to come up with something homogeneous.

Sorry not to be more specific, but I reassure you, in practice it is not really a problem.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/07/15, 16:07

Ok I will try the thing with acetone and white spirit so (uh gasoline can be too) ... I have a little polystyrene waste in stock at the moment :)

I will certainly do a video / photo report!
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 06/07/15, 16:17

The question of recyclable / not recyclable no longer arises when the product has been banned.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 06/07/15, 20:01

Ahmed wrote:Nagging question: is there the possibility of a sorting which is not selective?Image

yes it is a nagging lack of logic from those who command

if the sorting was not selective it would be mixed sorting ...

and the mixture often exists ... people sort between different trash, and after pick up by different trucks there is a stage where there is a problem and we mix everything because it is necessary to dispose

the only ECONOLOGICAL recycling is when the material to be recycled has a positive value: whoever sold it ... when a material has a commonly accepted value it is never lost

the current organization of recycling based on oblligation and prohibition is a dead end ... real recycling is a real price for recyclable materials so that those who have the time earn money with recycling , and that those who don't have time just give to their neighbor who has time

so for me when I grind pieces of polystyrene it has the same value as the new insulation that I will have to buy at a high price if I do not recover the old polystyrene
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 06/07/15, 22:11

For those who tinker without having the material adapted to protect themselves, do not forget to go to consult the safety sheet of the product in question .... Trichlo, acetone and other treats ..... if that is found it is not what you will die ......... : Cry:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 07/07/15, 13:54

if it is found this is not what you will die ...

but it can still help! : Mrgreen: So, it is imperative to operate outside (it dilutes the vapors and it prevents accumulation) and with a suitable mask, it would be better ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/07/15, 20:08

I just bought a SONY product and ... it's full of polystyrene! Yuck ...

Uh, isn't that Japanese SONY?

Ah yes it may be Japanese made in china ... while Epson it must be Japanese made in japan?

I will check this on the boxes ...
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 18/07/15, 10:21

are you sure of the ecological superiority of cardboard over polystyrene?

Is the packaging really really recyclable? the cardboard packaging is often already from recycling, and bad for subsequent recycling

cardboard recycling is costly in energy and chemical ... often it is not recycled but burnt, and in this case the polystyrene is better

often we do packaging without polystyrene to give an ecological image, even if nothing proves that it is true

the cardboard is good for making the packaging cardboard, it is much less effective for the wedging: complicated design, and does not support several shock: when a first shock has deformed the wedging pieces it no longer protects from the following shock: the polystyrene is much safer
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/07/15, 11:12

Christophe wrote:I will check this on the boxes ...

Verification made: the 2 products are ... Made in China ... :|

Would Epson have a stronger green conscience than Sony?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/07/15, 11:13

chatelot16 wrote:are you sure of the ecological superiority of cardboard over polystyrene?

(...)

cardboard recycling is expensive in terms of energy and chemicals ... often it is not recycled but burnt, and in this case polystyrene is better (...)

Better in what? I find it hard to follow you there ...

Do you have studies on the manufacture and recycling of cardboard and polystyrene?
0 x

Back to "waste, recycling and reuse of old objects"