Municipal compost, references and explanations

Environmental impact of end of life products: plastics, chemicals, vehicles, agri-food marketing. direct recycling and recycling (upcycling or upcycling) and reuse of good items for the trash!
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 24/04/09, 14:03

Hello,

Here is my modest contributory view:
part of my professional activity currently consists of gardening with individuals.

When I have significant green waste (leaves, lawn mowing, etc.) I have 3 problems that arise:

1. the containers provided are not provided for this

2 °. recycling centers are not practical for a car with a trailer because they are mainly intended for individuals who come with bags in their car.
For example in my town the recycling center is a dead end and it is a nightmare to venture there with a large vehicle equipped with a trailer. In addition, the containers are too high and you cannot dump directly (you must empty the trailer by hand!). Besides, many individuals actually prefer to throw their mowing in the trash.
In addition, the recycling centers open late (9 a.m.) and close relatively early (18 p.m.).

3 °). in principle we are only entitled to a certain volume (1 m3 per person) and only one trip. So I often get kicked back on the second trip or when my trailer is full (about 2 m3, which with branches, leaves or mowing lawns is quickly reached).

For "semi" professionals like me, the current waste reception centers are not suitable.

As part of a project I think it might be interesting to offer to deposit green waste on more accessible land: private land rented or made available free of charge by the municipality. Some municipalities do. I also know farmers who accept that green waste be deposited on one of their lands that they do not use. Perhaps they could also make it available free of charge to an association.

However, the problem is that you have to watch out for other waste not to be thrown out at the same time.
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"