Waste: Costs of curbside recycling? Example for Paliseul

Environmental impact of end of life products: plastics, chemicals, vehicles, agri-food marketing. direct recycling and recycling (upcycling or upcycling) and reuse of good items for the trash!
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/09/11, 14:26

Well, I don't know what you eat, but for me personally to get 150 kg of canned metal, I would need about uh ... 20 years (beer can included hihhihi)?

I am much more producer of glass ...
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 12/09/11, 14:58

On the one I'm not alone ... We eat at 4 at home including 2 teenagers ... Of 2 we actually eat a lot of canned vegetables ... Because I said to Mamita: the glass does Chi .. to take it to the container for quedalle and in addition it costs money to the community to dispose of it while the metal box we have a return on investment ... From 3 since I have cried scandal at a meeting of the community of municipalities ... I have nice neighbors who put me bags of tins and other scrap metal in front of my house. of 4 I recover every week two metal cans of 25litres of frying, of 5 I spend a good part of my free time lying under out-of-age cars which leave the mechanic a multitude of triangles of suspension of disc axles brakes exhaust roller distribution ......... which seal this trash ...
Good year bad year is between 2 and 3 tonnes of various metallic waste.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/09/11, 15:20

Ah yes ok you collect for others :)

Watch out for the Suez trial for unfair competition ... : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/09/11, 21:34

An article that is timely: http://www.lemonde.fr/societe/article/2 ... _3224.html

Household waste management is still too expensive

LEMONDE.FR with AFP | 13.09.11 | 19:22 p.m.

In progress, but can do better. This is the assessment of the Court of Auditors on the management of household waste in France, in a report, published Tuesday, September 13.

On the positive side, the Court noted that since 2002, the date of its last work on the subject, more than 4 landfills have been closed, all of the 000 incinerators now comply with European air pollution standards (compared to 128% of between them in 40) and 2004% of the municipalities now offer a selective collective. The French are also more virtuous, since they produce less ordinary waste (98,5 kg per year and per capita in 374, against 2009 kg in 391), but more occasional waste (bulky, green waste).

"The management of household waste has evolved a lot since 2002" and "the public service has greatly improved", underlined Didier Migaud, first president of the Court of Auditors. In addition, new standards have been introduced and new treatment techniques, such as anaerobic digestion, have appeared.

ONLY A THIRD PARTY OF RECYCLED WASTE

However, the environmental results, if they are improving, "remain average" compared to those of other European countries. In France, 35% of waste still remains in landfill, while countries like Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium, Sweden and Denmark hardly do so.

In France, 33% of waste is recycled or composted, compared to 70% in Austria, 66% in Germany, 60% in Belgium or the Netherlands. The "outlets", which receive non-recycled waste, are poorly distributed throughout the territory, with many departments that do not have any.

COST INCREASE OF 6% PER YEAR

The Court of Auditors further notes the increase in costs, of 6% per year, due in particular to changes in standards, personnel costs and the improvement of the service provided. In 2009, total expenditure on the management of household and similar waste represented 8 billion euros, or 124 euros per inhabitant and per year or 298 euros per household. The amounts for the individual vary widely depending on the municipality, for example from 81 euros on average for municipalities with 50 to 000 inhabitants, against less than 100 euros for those with more than 000 inhabitants.

The costs of waste management, believes the Court of Auditors, are "poorly controlled", with equipment sometimes overcapacity, and especially poorly measured. In this regard, the Court of Auditors suggests that a supplementary waste budget and a "more uniform" presentation become compulsory.

Finally, the financing system "is no longer suited to the achievement of the new environmental objectives". It is based on two systems, the household waste collection tax (TEOM), favored by urban municipalities and involving 56 million inhabitants, and the tax (REOM), "fairer" according to Mr. Migaud. Unlike TEOM, REOM revenues must cover all expenses. Big problem with these two systems: they hardly include any strong incentive to improve prevention and sorting by the user, and, more often than not, do not integrate the polluter / pays principle. The Court of Auditors recommends a convergence of the two systems, "in a more encouraging sense for users".
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 15/09/11, 21:05

The volume of my trash will decrease further ... Transformation of plastic into fuel ... Too easy .. Find raw material ... We deliver it to you at home saying thank you ...

On an experimental basis after a few quick tests. 1kg of over-packaging like above water bottles = 25 cl of gasoline and 75 of gas oil ...

Everything goes polystyrene polypropilene, pehd ...

My electric car will fall into standby ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/09/11, 21:09

Macro wrote:On an experimental basis after a few quick tests. 1kg of over-packaging like above water bottles = 25 cl of gasoline and 75 of gas oil ...

Uh it's a joke (especially the separation of fuel oil and gasoline)? What is the method?

A new topic would be welcome : Cheesy:
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 16/09/11, 08:32

No, it's not a joke Christophe. a first distillation of the plastic makes it possible to leave a basic liquid (we will say an oil without the very heavy ones). Then a second with prints of the products at temperatures known in the petroleum industry allows us to extract, the light ones then the "JP (from kero to gloziole) then the parafins ...
If we had a negative temperature condenser we could probably even draw polar like trychlorethylene, acetone or others ...
We had already done it with unusable residues of frying oil it was a bit warmer to do and it emitted very irritating gases ... It gave a very green essence

Here is a test of the flammability of the molasses distillate carried out on the dining room table at Mamita while it tolerated me with my experiences upstairs. One day there was a big hydrogen boom in the money ground since I am forbidden to enter the top with a test tube in hand

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xgyig_ssa40487_auto

Here is my mower which turns with the gasoline extracted from residues of frying oil (small green tank because we have a small still with a 100ml flask) attention gasoline of small quality because drawn with a condenser at 15 ° (we will say rather the equivalent of an ethannol)
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xh2jf_ ... de-fr_auto
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/09/11, 09:11

Ok great so I am more
Christophe wrote:A new topic would be welcome : Cheesy:

+1 :D : Cheesy:
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 16/09/11, 09:32

Put me the moderator status and I divide the one ... No divide it yourself Christophe.

Only know that I can only be relatively vague in the explanations and that I can very difficult to put photos see not at all ..

My friend has just come to see me with a test carried out with engine drain oil .... the result is .... Bulversifier ... It becomes clearer again than when it is new ... It could constitute an ideal binder (easy to find and generating results) in a large still where it is difficult to pack plastic properly without air meter (it affects the homogeneity of the heating by burning certain pieces before melting them) .
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/09/11, 09:42

Ah no if you are doing a subject, give the most precise recipe possible with dosage, duration, protocol ...

With photos it's better but not essential ... others could illustrate later ... if successful.

We'll split up later when it's worth it.
0 x