Tires, life cycle and duration, recycling and recovery

Environmental impact of end of life products: plastics, chemicals, vehicles, agri-food marketing. direct recycling and recycling (upcycling or upcycling) and reuse of good items for the trash!
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/05/11, 07:34

It's simple just click on "Insert an image or a file on the forum, click here. ”below the edit window.

I did it for you for the last 2 pictures to show you.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 22/05/11, 10:19

Exceed wrote:The Thai flowerpot ... 100% tires
(...)
And for the joke ... the Thai garden furniture ... 100%

Family business ,,, welcome !!!

But that's great! 8)

The guys are ingenious and know how to work the tire. Are rather swollen : Mrgreen:
Last edited by Remundo the 22 / 05 / 11, 10: 50, 1 edited once.
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 22/05/11, 10:40

Tires, even used tires, locked in a small, unventilated room, it smells relatively strong. I do not know if what is released into the atmosphere is very nice to breathe for health .... so put it in the house ???? : Cry:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Exceed
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Exceed » 22/05/11, 17:03

Ok boss, I understood everything ... I would do that as soon as I have 2 minutes ...

Flytox, here, people only come into their house to sleep ... it's stuff for the outdoors.
0 x
Respect !!!
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 22/05/11, 18:23

It reeks of bitumen like heavy naphtha and other products, low volatile oil, carcinogenic, but not negligible, ppm to which we are sensitive !!
So indécrotable .....
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 31/05/11, 16:37

In earthships it is used in foundation or wall ... with coating, or not (outside side): https://www.econologie.com/forums/earthship- ... t9821.html

http://www.earthship.org/

These are breathable natural coatings (lime, earth ...)

I am not convinced that it is as dangerous as that: are the tire fitters or worse, Michelin employees, intoxicated, sick?

In my opinion less dangerous than a refinery worker ...
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 31/05/11, 20:39

Agree that it is less dangerous than the gases breathed by those who tarmack our roads and of which we do not worry much.
A tarmac road stinks for two years after its asphalting, especially in the summer sun, very clear by bike, and it is certainly dangerous to walk there !!
Since the tires are dirty with this bitumen on which they rolled, they still contain the dirt of the bitumen and the gases of the bitumen.
It is enough to pass the hands on a tire to note these black filths and therefore in the rain, the ground where they are will be dirty.

But all the asphalt on the roads soil the neighboring lots much more and we don't talk about it.

So to quantify !!!
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 06/06/11, 18:50

There is also the use of old tires crushed in a steelworks.

Since the tire contains a large amount of carbon, it is able to replace the anthracite that electric steel mills use to reduce the rust of used scrap.

An efficient, economical and ecological process, this use of shredded tires has been validated since 2004. Each year, 7 tonnes are recycled in France and 000 in Belgium. The quality of the steel remains the same and the gas and dust emissions are equivalent.

How to replace anthracite with used tire in steelworks

Since 2004, ALIAPUR and the LME steelworks have successfully exploited a new technology for recycling used tires in steelworks with electric furnaces, developed by ARCELOR RESEARCH at the request of ARCELOR and MICHELIN, and supported by ADEME.

whole article: http://www.aliapur.fr/RD-valorisation/a ... s/acieries
0 x
nathzoe
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

objects made from recycled tires !!!

by nathzoe » 07/06/11, 09:21

here is a site that offers objects made from recycled tires: .... recyclandco.com
The site is quite new and is trying to get known a little, so thank you
Nathalie
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 07/06/11, 09:39

It reminds me of an initiative in Haiti, where part of the land has become incultivable due to deforestation because wood is used to boil the pot. The lands are then washed out and impoverished to the point that nothing grows there, either naturally or through agriculture.

The project therefore consisted in making fertile soil from organic waste (compost) and then placing it in recycling containers to grow vegetables. It cost almost nothing, was doable without outside help, allowed the recycling of organic and other wastes ... allowed a few families to eat and have an income, quite simply.

The containers were used tires as in the photo, it seems to me. So it may seem funny, ugly or ridiculous, but it is also sometimes a question of survival.
0 x

Back to "waste, recycling and reuse of old objects"