Hydrogen in PVC in the southwest !!!

Environmental impact of end of life products: plastics, chemicals, vehicles, agri-food marketing. direct recycling and recycling (upcycling or upcycling) and reuse of good items for the trash!
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 16/09/08, 12:00

View: https://www.econologie.com/forums/un-chalume ... t4011.html

It is a blowtorch, but it is the same principle as that used by Christain Fetter here and it worked very well, I saw it in operation in 1977 at the Salon of Electronic Components.
0 x
Bibiphoque
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Bibiphoque » 16/09/08, 12:23

Hello,
The best system I have ever used is the plasma torch, you can use almost any gas depending on the needs of the weld.
(But these are expensive materials!)
On the other hand, for solderings / jewelers' cast irons, as long as one must not melt platinum, butane (propane) / air is sufficient.
(Bibi, who took evening classes in arts and crafts for pleasure)

@+
0 x
This is not because we always said that it is impossible that we should not try :)
oliburn
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by oliburn » 16/09/08, 13:25

I put this article online, not to throw a scoop, the equivalent
on econo or on the net is without problem!
it’s just to denounce the journalist’s method, instead
to try the vito of the inventor he should have mounted the system on his vehicle, roll 2 or 3000 terminals and then make the article!
I can't imagine making an article on a product without testing it!
fuel economy or pollution side it is impeccable, but how to be on numbers?
0 x
Be your own torch, your own refuge, your own master ... "
FPLM
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by FPLM » 28/02/10, 13:14

oliburn wrote:I can't imagine making an article on a product without testing it!
fuel economy or pollution side it is impeccable, but how to be on numbers?

The journalist did his duty to inform about the invention. He never claimed to make a scientific assessment via this article. If this journalist had written these numbers you are talking about, would you have taken his word for it?
The name of the inventor, his region and even his face are in the article. If you want to know more, contact him and test his invention rather than blaming a journalist for not having done a job of scientific analysis.

(I'm still going to make friends there)
Completely agree with Maximus Leo.
"... The big danger is that hydrogen will burn without visible flame."
And I would add the most volatile of all. This poses big storage problems for pure hydrogen.
0 x
"If you are not careful, the newspapers will eventually make you hate the oppressed and the oppressors worship. "
Malcolm X
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 28/02/10, 13:41

Leo Maximus wrote:
Hydrogen is not an explosive. To say otherwise is misinformation. Air Liquide is a big producer of H2, in 2007 they produced 7,5 billion normal cubic meters to ... desulfurize our beloved diesel in order to put it in anti-pollution standards.
In the 50s the Americans worked on a hydrogen aircraft project, there has never been an accident, yet we know the safety standards of the 50s ... :D

When the hydrogen canister was broken and ignited, the flame quickly declined, but when the same thing was done with gasoline, the fire persisted and did much more damage.

The gasoline fire was an order of magnitude worse than the hydrogen fire. Experimenters tried to induce hydrogen to detonate it, with limited success. Johnson and Rich were convinced that, with proper care, liquid hydrogen could be handled quite safely. However, Johnson and Rich filmed their fire and explosion experiments to convince skeptics. [/ I] "

There are thousands of km of hydrogen pipelines in Europe. Firefighters therefore undergo special training and their general opinion is that it is less dangerous than natural gas. The big danger is that the hydrogen burns without visible flame.

Although this message is old, and accuses of disinformation, it is itself disinformation: to say that hydrogen "is less dangerous than gasoline" is already total nonsense because what burns in gasoline ben it is precisely hydrogen compounds ... Hydrogen + oxygen = one of the most energetic mixtures there is ...

Any pure oxidizing gas (fuel) will not explode if there is not the right mixture with its oxidizing agent (oxygen), including vaporized gasoline: without oxygen no boom or combustion ... Those who have not slept during physics lessons have seen that hydrogen explodes as soon as it is in a confined enclosure and in the open air it burns violently with a high speed of propagation while giving off intense heat (see Hindenburg) : Lol:

However in the case of this DIY, the amount of hydrogen produced is minimal and therefore its effect too ...
0 x

Back to "waste, recycling and reuse of old objects"