Belgium: lower tax cuts for econology

Environmental impact of end of life products: plastics, chemicals, vehicles, agri-food marketing. direct recycling and recycling (upcycling or upcycling) and reuse of good items for the trash!
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 03/12/11, 12:08

sspid said:

after any gain you make you will spend it on something else with a vat at 21%.

Not necessarily: fuel oil and electricity are at 21%, of course, but renovation works are at 6%

PV panels are above all an investment, you may simply continue to save.

In any case, I think that a debate will take place at the regional level, let us hope that it will be to allow the poorest (who cannot even afford a loan) to invest in the savings.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Did67

by Did67 » 03/12/11, 15:54

elephant wrote:
Not necessarily: fuel oil and electricity are at 21%, of course, but renovation works are at 6%

PV panels are above all an investment, you may simply continue to save.

Yes and no :

a) since consumption is above all an addiction in our so-called “consumer” societies, in fact, net income is roughly spent (even if indeed, in times of crisis, we save more if we can). One way or another..

b) I do not know how long the reduced rates on the works will last (in France).

c) the panels, except "tax credit", you put well fifteen years to amortize them. This means that you paid in VAT during the installation the VAT that you would have paid on your electricity bill in 15 years ... In short, an "advance" to the State !!!

In fact, normally you resell and continue to buy your electricity ... So you pay VAT on the installation + VAT on all your invoices ...

d) the savings measures, yes, there you lower the payments. But should we still go towards a process of decrease so as not to fall back into a) ...
0 x
manet42
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by manet42 » 04/12/11, 11:48

Did said:
This means that you paid in VAT during the installation the VAT that you would have paid on your electricity bill in 15 years ... In short, an "advance" to the State !!!

not quite:
VAT on complete installation 5,5%, on the given day.
Consumption and other services 19,6% constantly increasing over 15 years ....
It makes a difference. :P

JC
0 x
Continually trying we finally succeed. So more it fails, the more likely it is that it works.
sspid14
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by sspid14 » 04/12/11, 14:04

A recent German study also shows that every € invested in energy savings brings in 5 to the state coffers.

See: http://www.iewonline.be/spip.php?article4559

This information is to be verified but we can nevertheless think that it relates to the state in the end.
And then, there is no capital flight to the oil and gas producing countries but rather remains in our regions.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 04/12/11, 14:14

manet42 wrote:
not quite:
VAT on complete installation 5,5%, on the given day.
Consumption and other services 19,6% constantly increasing over 15 years ....
It makes a difference. : P

JC

You are right ! I had zapped, in my reasoning, this difference in rate !!!

Nevertheless, by investing in PV (which I always want to do!), We are not totally evading, far from it, even if the difference in rate is indeed very in favor of investment.

If you sell / buy, you even continue to have the same VAT as before, unless there is an effort to reduce your consumption (independent of PV equipment).

Otherwise, you pay (indirectly and voluntarily) your electricity much more expensive ...
0 x
owen
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by owen » 14/12/11, 12:56

I read the document the sentence calls out to me. Besides the cancellation of this debt annoys everyone.

A recent German study also shows that every € invested in energy savings brings in 5 to the state coffers.

I ask myself the question if this is not a strategy so that each region can after 2014 obtain energy revenues when granting premiums.

Maybe I'm wrong. It's just an idea.
0 x

Back to "waste, recycling and reuse of old objects"