1ere cars valuation dismantling recycling plant

Environmental impact of end of life products: plastics, chemicals, vehicles, agri-food marketing. direct recycling and recycling (upcycling or upcycling) and reuse of good items for the trash!
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: 1ere recycling plant disassembly valuation of cars

by sen-no-sen » 16/05/16, 22:53

Ahmed wrote:(...) and that, correlative, of the destruction of the conditions allowing life on earth (of course, the latter is not consciously sought after).

Humanly not, but from a technological point of view this is discussed ...
Le super-organism anthropotechnique naturally tends to dominate the technologism on the antropos, it is unfortunately the sense of history (or more precisely in the sense of determinism in action).
And the proto-consciousness which results from it certainly does not have as engine the defense of the wild world.
The more the biosphere will be damaged and the more powerful the technology will become, this is a fundamental point to understand for the future events ...
In many respects, and historical evidence to support it, it appears that pollution, global warming, etc. result from a certain "logic" (be careful, I am not talking about finalism!).
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 17/05/16, 11:04

Of course! If this finality is not consciously sought by human beings, then this finality must depend on an external factor. note that Marx had clearly distinguished that, when speaking of the men of capitalism, as "subjects-automatons", a very speaking oxymoron, which underlines the double reality of subject consciously independent, but which however only realizes an alienation (that is to say -to say, very explicitly, to submit to an external determinism, etymologically foreign).
It is also not specific to capitalism, even if it is undoubtedly the most effective system in this field, and Spinoza had said, in his time *: "men believe they are free because they are aware of their desires and they do not know what determines them".

On the other hand, in this perspective, the destruction of the conditions of life on earth is not the end, but the means to bring about a universe of technical artefacts, subsequent to the stage of accumulation of abstract value. All this without being able to assert the possibility of accomplishment of what we perceive as an underlying irrepressible trend.

*Spinoza expresses himself as a philosopher his point of view on the essence of man and not on the man of capitalism, but is he not condemned, too, to inflect his thought as a partial reflection of the conditionings of his time?
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 17/05/16, 20:17

Suez and Renault cooperate to recover metals from end-of-life vehicles

FRANCK STASSI Usine Nouvelle on 17/05/2016

REPORTAGE For more than twenty years, Renault has called on Suez to manage its industrial waste. With the northern company Boone, they have gone one step further by joining forces in the recovery and resale of metals from end-of-life vehicles (ELV). Rather than paying an eco-organization with no hope of profit, the majority of car manufacturers prefer to control the recycling process for end-of-life cars.

Recycling of end-of-life vehicles at the MetalImpex Iberica factory, in Palencia (Spain)

You have to go to Palencia, 235 kilometers from Madrid (Spain), to observe how one of the major players in environmental services, Suez, and one of the major automotive players, Renault, collaborate on recovery, recycling and resale of metals. The two French companies operate sites there respectively dedicated to metal processing and automobile production, which work together, five kilometers apart. For the two entities, such cooperation is not an isolated case.

following the report: http://www.usinenouvelle.com/article/su ... ie.N391517
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 17/05/16, 20:20

Ahmed wrote:
except that practically for 20 years we have forced good mechanics who store wrecks behind their garage to recover parts to get rid of them in the name of the environment.
... in the name of the stupid environment ... what is stupid is waste ... when we store to use we avoid waste ... it is when we throw to destroy that we waste.
But it's always the same story, politicians make decisions full of goodwill, but with their lack of competence, good intentions do bad actions

The environment is the least of the worries of the "politicos" and it is not their incompetence that is the cause. The "fight against waste" or "protection of the environment" are simple screens intended to sow confusion in the minds of the public and to hide the real purposes which are the promotion of double growth: that of GNP and that of , correlative, of the destruction of the conditions allowing life on earth (of course, the latter is not consciously sought).

Ahmed,
it becomes painful this negative and pessimistic spirit.
Things are really changing.

When I was a kid I saw cars and batteries abandoned in the countryside. I can't see it anymore.
There is progress on tires (but not in Spain eh .....) and in a lot of areas.

Positive a little.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 17/05/16, 22:09

It is true, there has been spectacular progress, that is to say given to see, and I see that this perfectly fulfills its falsifying role. : roll:
1 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 18/05/16, 00:10

moinsdewatt wrote:Ahmed,

When I was a kid I saw cars and batteries abandoned in the countryside. I can't see it anymore.
There is progress on tires (but not in Spain eh .....) and in a lot of areas.

Positive a little.

While being totally goal, we note that the implementation of means to protect the environment is in reality only a simple adjustment variable.
You say that when you were young there were batteries, abandoned cars in the countryside ... certainly,but then the number of vehicles produced in the world was much less, it was then "conceivable" to leave here there some carcasses of mother nature ....
The problem is that today, this phenomenon is simply rarefied here,but it’s multiplied by 100 in developing countries.
In industrial countries it is simply not possible to leave waste in the wild (sanitary reason for example), recycling is therefore a structural necessity (another one!).
In short, the simple fact that we treat our waste is actually, and impartially, the consequence that pollution has never been greater!

It is therefore subjective to say that things are changing for the better.

2 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 18/05/16, 04:34

moinsdewatt wrote:Ahmed,
Positive a little

On the whole you are right ...
Nevertheless in this sector, it will be very difficult to "positively" (well it depends for whom, profits and increases and who change hands)
So it's not stupid to take the reflection a little further, see a little : Arrowd:

chatelot16 wrote:scrap yards have always done what! they have always recycled

It's already the end of car scraps in my area. After having seriously regulated them (circumscribing various pollution, directives to reduce the infiltration of pollutants into the soil, etc.) it is now the insurance companies which have "stolen" (confiscated) the "market" at the source. In fact, the carcasses of damaged vehicles are no longer broken up as in the past, they are sold directly on the web (there are no small profits ...).

https://www.axa-winterthur.ch/fr/entrep ... fault.aspx

Only vehicles at the end of their life that are already very old and no longer interest many people are left for breakages, so they no longer rent out large areas of land to store them, because it is no longer profitable. Ditto for recycling plants which de facto no longer have "interesting" vehicles (I mean sufficiently recoverable and economically profitable: my guess... so I doubt that such factories exist, the carcasses rather go to the countries of the East or to Africa amha)

One of the reasons is simple and logical, only a mechanic could have the installation codes for electrical parts in a future that has already begun. At Peugeot for example, for all "connected" parts, the code must be entered into the on-board computer the same day it is received! And this has been the case for almost ten years for certain parts!
Another (although pure speculation on my part) it is much more interesting for manufacturers to remove a vehicle as "potential deposit of spare parts"for the" private ", because the fact of making painful the search for parts inciting more and more to have to go through a mechanic (and more and more often), drastically increases the costs of maintenance / repair, and that pushes de facto to buy a new vehicle (since it is necessary more than ever to think twice before repairing ...).

Finally there are antagonisms, such as precisely freeing consumers from the yoke of manufacturers (obligation to take OBD diagnostics, then OBD2 with standard connectors) and them to try to make the ODB inoperative by making the industry more complex so as to "discourage bold". Today if you want an OBD interface that holds up, a graphics tablet is no longer enough, you need a model at € 30 (a real scandal and blackmail) It's a hell of a vicious circle.
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 19/05/16, 22:32

Obamot wrote:
It's already the end of car scraps in my area. After having seriously regulated them (circumscribing various pollution, directives to reduce the infiltration of pollutants into the soil, etc.) it is now the insurance companies which have "stolen" (confiscated) the "market" at the source. In fact, the carcasses of damaged vehicles are no longer broken up as in the past, they are sold directly on the web (there are no small profits ...). ..

it just displaces the market for these used parts.

The same goes for the classified newspaper of 15 years ago. It does not exist anymore.

In other areas we speak of uberization.
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 19/05/16, 22:39

To repair your car, don't miss the opportunity
THE FACT OF THE DAY. Professionals will soon have to offer second-hand, cheaper parts.

April 21, 2016 The Parisian

A simple amendment, which went unnoticed last year when it was introduced into the energy transition law, will shake up the car repair market. Garages will soon be forced to offer customers used parts. And beware of recalcitrants: fines are expected.

All that remains is the publication of the implementing decree, expected during the year.

Repair your vehicle with second-hand parts? The practice is however shunned by the French. According to figures from the National Council of Automotive Professions (CNPA), the opportunity represents only 3% of the market for the sale of spare parts, however substantial: € 13 billion.

The French still chilly

With the workforce, it even rises to € 30 billion. Based on a survey carried out in January among its Internet users, the classified ads site Vivastreet revealed that 54% of those questioned are not yet ready to take the plunge. The reason ? Security. They doubt the viability of the coins.

And yet, the days when they were collected by the mechanic without knowing their origin are now over. Sampled from damaged cars or at the end of the race, they are today checked, tested, certified. And companies have set up veritable supermarkets of guaranteed second-hand auto parts, such as Caréco, which has just opened a new store in Bobigny, in Seine-Saint-Denis.

A promising vein, especially since the savings for motorists can range on average from 50 to 70%, while maintenance represents 27% of the household car budget. And having your vehicle repaired costs more and more. Between 2007 and 2013, prices increased by 3% on average each year, according to INSEE. However, it is impossible to replace everything with used parts. For bumpers, headlights, tires, mirrors, alternators or engines, no problem. But no question of buying brake pads or discs that have already been used. Or replace an airbag yourself. A decree of the Council of State will soon draw up the list of the parts concerned.

http://www.leparisien.fr/automobile/int ... 733471.php
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 20/05/16, 04:49

You're right, you have to see the bright side [ : Shock: ] I can have a new and guaranteed Chinese alternator (bought in Europe and delivered from Germany) for 42 € (I just checked), I doubt that a mechanic will offer me this price, even for a second-hand part!

As it will no longer be possible for them to refuse to offer this option, I already did that by bringing my new brake discs to the garage and I only had to pay a mo for the assembly (+ new pads), which saved me from having to pay discs at 500 € and an exhaust at almost 1'000 € (all found at 10 or 20% of the dealer prices returned assembled, while the dealer prices did not include the pose...)

You have to uberise the uberizers, but suddenly, my usual garage may close : Shock: I am "delighted" to see the implementing decree!
I think especially that it follows the hand put of the dealers to make impossible the normal access to the ODB, it was necessary a parade. Finally, the builders would have done better to avoid making this more complex!

But thank you for this very useful info.
0 x

Back to "waste, recycling and reuse of old objects"