Why thermal cars bother me....

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Why thermal cars bother me....

by Janic » 07/08/22, 13:01

Humanity currently consumes 16 million tons per year, especially for electrical wires. This leaves, at constant production, about thirty years before running out of copper.
except that consumption is not constant but constantly increasing and particularly with this all-electric madness. A few clever people have understood this and we see KM of stolen copper cables and tomorrow it will be worth more than platinum.
moreover, it is currently necessary to take into account global warming, the lack of water which nuclear power stations cannot do without. and finally on the ecological level the extraction of metals is a real disaster which is not taken into account in the cost price and intoxicated human lives in distant countries. that our societies don't give a damn about
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 07/08/22, 14:22

I agree with Janic, but thermal cars are not necessarily better...

Copper is easy to recycle, I like to unwind : Mrgreen:

The electric motor is "much better", since it does not waste twice as much energy as it produces.

I also agree with Macro, I like the noise of the collector :P

I'm waiting to see the EVs in rallies, to see how the batteries withstand shocks.
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 07/08/22, 16:39

I agree with Janic, but thermal cars are not necessarily better...
effectively! it is not a question of criticizing one to justify the other. thermal is indeed an energy disaster like any combustible product whatsoever.
Copper is easy to recycle, I like to unwind : Mrgreen:
like steel, but iron we have in spades which is not the case of copper, which is used so far only in much less quantity than it is planned to do with the whole project for the years to come, with in addition (for nuclear countries, the problem of cooling water. This is why I spoke of an overall assessment, and especially worldwide, where everything thermal should be replaced by electric, not just cars.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 07/08/22, 18:53

Flytox wrote:
sicetaitsimple wrote:
No, but seen today (to be confirmed, we'll see) 2035 would be the end of the commercialization of thermal vehicles, so about twenty more years for them to be mostly cooked, it brings around 2055/2060 for a fleet of private vehicles almost 100% electric.

Yes.. and in the meantime there will have been a big shortage of copper and other metals / rare earths for the manufacture of cars and other accumulators.... the vast majority of electric vehicles are a concept more than a reality .... : Mrgreen:

Nobody, at least not me, thinks it will be a long calm river. I also wrote (to be confirmed, we'll see) et "would be" (conditional).

It is quite possible that the very ambitious objectives announced today will be called into question or postponed, in particular if tensions over raw materials cause the price of electric vehicles, instead of falling as expected, to start rising again. at a certain time.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 07/08/22, 19:12

These last reflections are very correct, but it is necessary to add another essential factor of uncertainty (no pun intended!): the economy. In fact, we must not forget that these normative obsolescence decisions are aimed at boosting consumption by being part of the so-called "energy transition", which is only an attempt to temporarily resolve the contradictions systemic. As we do not know the ability of this maneuver to postpone the deadline, especially in the geopolitical context which is racing at the moment, it is impossible to comment on the medium-term future of this strategy.
1 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 07/08/22, 19:31

So, it's very stupid, but left in nonWE, I forgot the PC charger, and practically no battery ....

But comparing a C0 of 65 hp, saying that it's slower than your 225 hp, yes, but admit all the same, that for a few moments, the C0 deposited...

The Kona, has 204 hp, VE, immediate from 0.00001 km/h, you need to rev up a bit to get to your 225 hp, and I think you know that.

With that, I'm waiting for my loader so I can continue to answer all this, which I haven't read yet....
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 08/08/22, 08:44

phil59 wrote:But comparing a C0 of 65 hp, saying that it's slower than your 225 hp, yes, but admit all the same, that for a few moments, the C0 deposited...

It even stays behind the 1.6tdi caddy... I have videos on my memory phone the C0 goes from 0 to 100 in 14 seconds it barely takes 10 on the caddy I'm looking for that...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 08/08/22, 08:50

ah, the vroomm, vrommers! : roll:
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 08/08/22, 10:48

Here's some vroom vroom

the cart

The c zero
Last edited by Macro the 08 / 08 / 22, 11: 02, 2 edited once.
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
gildas
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by gildas » 08/08/22, 10:59

Is there a small reprog on the Caddy? : Cheesy:
0 x

Back to "Electric transport: cars, bicycles, public transport, planes ..."