Electric bike: fixing a dog trailer?

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 14/08/15, 22:53

it is not only a question of center of gravity: the trailer is not a fixed weight: the trailer can produce random forces to the left or the right when one of these wheels passes over an obstacle: the more the point lower is less these efforts are annoying

but that is discussed, the longer the drawbar of the trailer the more it makes lateral efforts weak ... so the hitch under the saddle is less good because it is high but is better because it makes a drawbar the longer trailer

another defect in the hitch under the saddle: unable to load the bike ring holder
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 15/08/15, 08:15

Indeed, each option has advantages and disadvantages and it is the particular use which must make it possible to define the best possible compromise ...
Another parameter to be taken into account is the availability of the accessories available and the ability / tools of the user to carry out the envisaged assembly: certain advantageous configurations are not available on the market and require “getting involved”.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
James33
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Electric bike: fixing a dog trailer?

by James33 » 10/01/20, 22:23

There is also the dog trailer quality which is important like having 3 wheels or shock absorbers! I walk a lot my 14 year old dog who can't walk more than 15 minutes, she is happy and I can go further Image there are lots of comparison on the net that compares the best dog trailers or go to specialized stores for bicycle trailers, this is developing a lot here in Bordeaux ...
0 x